November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 146

What is your target in life?

:iconmortuusinanima:
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What do you live and survive for?

A man should have a target in life, something that helps him to stand.
When he falls he thinks that he MUST go on, stand up for reaching his dreams.
And dreams are always a little more high than us so we can make our wings for fly high and reach them. So we'll can say:
"I've fought for my dreams"

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconskullwarrior13:
skullwarrior13 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
My targets/goals:
-Stay alive in case scientists discover immortality, then get it.
-To work for DC Comics
-Stay alive in the hopes that I'll find the love of my life and the feelings I have for her would be mutual.
-Stay alive in the event that if my life goes downhill, live as a hobo with a college level intelligence, get discovered by an agent, do what he says until I'm famous enough to drop him, then die famous.
-Oh and to see the Justice League movie
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Very high targets, monsieur. Good luck for your future, long, romantic, successful, famous and intelligent life :D
:iconskullwarrior13:
skullwarrior13 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Many thanks! I wish you the same madame!
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012   General Artist
I'm not a man, so I guess I'm just gonna make a goal of getting up and making hot cocoa here soon.
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ah, you're too smart!
:icontranse:
transe Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012   General Artist
...to stay alive as long as I can (?)
Until now I've never been able to carry out my plans, so planning is useless. I can't predict what the future might bring...
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional General Artist
My target in life right now is my family, my parents in particular.

Both of them are slightly disabled and need daily assistance; paying a nurse to come to their home's way too expensive and neither of them are quite disabled enough to go into homes at this time. So my siblings and I sat down and decided that, since I was the only one who didn't yet have a family or own my own home yet, that I'd be the best one to move back home and look after them for a while.

Personally I don't mind; it doesn't set my life back any and I'm still accomplishing everything I've wanted to do. :)
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm proud there are people like you. I think that children are more disobbedient to the parents, they don't respect them. Saying this, it seems I'm old but I'm very young, a teenager but I don't agree with the behaviour of them.
Usually, when parents become old and need help, children turn their head and let them into houses.
They never think about how mum and dad took care about us, growing up us, staying awake in the nights just bacause WE couldn't sleep.
If they took care like that when we were vulnerable, weak and innocent,
Can't we give in return a little love when they need us?

I think there should be more people like you in this world, If not... I don't try to dare how the world is going on. :bow:
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional General Artist
Wow, thank u very much.
:blush:

That's why I did it and continue to do so; they gave me life and looked after me all those years and, although I could never pay them back for giving me the miracle of life, I can do my best to help them now that they are the ones in need.
It's the least I can do, I believe, an I don't mind at all.
:heart:

And yes, I've noticed that also.
It makes me sad and angry when children disrespect their parents like that; they gave us LIFE for crying-out-loud, they deserve better treatment then to be ignored or forgotten in their times of need!
Some situations can't be helped, I realize that, but otherwise our elders and our parents especially need to be respected and taken care of by those of us who make up the following generations.
So I believe, anyway.

I do wish there were more of us in the world that saw things this way.
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hope is the last which dies, but I wish it'll die very late because we need it too much
I wish life will give you all you need and deserve.

You know, in my religion we say that under mother's feet there is Heaven:
If she prays for you she gives you a place in Paradise. And I'm sure you have got your place there already.
Your parents, I'm sure, love you and are thankful to have a daughter like you. :heart:
:iconaveneline:
Aveneline Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have three types of goals:

Daily: Clean my room, pick up laundry, dishes, homework, etc

Minor: Get good semester grades, do well at my job every day, try to work on art at least an hour a day, etc

Major: Graduate college, land a great career, get married and have a good life without as many worries.

But seriously, if you try to break up goals like that, it makes them more easily manageable and achievable. :D
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm not overly motivated, so aside from my long-term art goal of publishing a comic book I really don't have any major aspirations :shrug:

I plan short-term, such as;
a) Get Restricted license
b) Finish all outstanding artworks from to-do list
c) Clean bedroom
d) Get Pringles to satisfy cravings
:icondegyfridou:
Degyfridou Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Hard to say... probably become a great artist and...try to get at least one book published (if I can).
:iconfbk-photofreak:
fbk-photofreak Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Photographer
honestly...simply 2 things: 1) to enjoy every moment with the people I love- my fiance, family and friends and 2) to for all my aspirations and goals I'm working towards...

...and of course, for all the awesome food!! (^^,) hehehehehehehe
Flagged as Spam
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
FUCK OFF
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Did I do something wrong?
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Wasn't responding to you. :roll:
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
-.-' well, one more epic fail of mine among million others.
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
To live forever.
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
So... did you reach it?
I yes...hmm...How old are you?
If I stay alive for the next 40 years I will have a good shot at it.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Same here. Have you read any of Ray Kurzweil's works?
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I still haven't come around to read his books! But I am transhumanist, and I believe the next three, four, five decades will change humans and humanity completely.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I definitely recommend The Singularity is Near. Kurzweil also has a great website: [link]

And you're right. Humans have made amazing progress with science, technology, and modern medicine within the past 50 years. It will only improve from there.

Look at communication tech's improvement for the past 20 years. In the mid-90s, we had big bulky dial-up computers and blocky wireless phones. Now we can access the internet from our phone in seconds.

I was also on Youtube last night: [link] [link] [link] [link]

"Transhumanism is about how technology will eventually help us overcome the problems that have, up until now, been endemic to human nature. Cyberpunk is about how technology won't." — Stephenls of RPG.Net, on the relation between transhumanism and cyberpunk

I know that some people are apprehensive about robots becoming too human-like (i.e. the android video). It's understandable with things like The Terminator, Blade Runner, and GLaDOS.
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I daily visit sites like www.ieet.org www.hplusmagazine.com www.wired.com, the singularity hub and a few others, among them general science sites. It gives you a pretty good overview of the current developments.

Today I took the stuff of the future timelines site ([link]) and correlated it with my own life. Basically: how old am I and where am I with my life (working, retired, etc.) when they expect this or that to happen? Of course it is all predictions and no date is set in stone, by still I think I have a good shot of seeing it all happen the coming 40-50+ years.
A nice exercise :)
*If
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So you won't be meeting me at the End Of Time then? You conniving bastard!
I will sent my Evil Twin Brother. He is much more fun!
Why not just clone yourself?
I tried that, but those bastards ran of with my gf.
Get another one then. You must have loads of them running around up there.
My gf is claiming them all. I wonder what she wants 500 versions of me for?
KSXZT Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Maybe at least one of them won't make her fake the orgasm?
(1 Reply)
:iconunknownsingularity:
UnknownSingularity Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I live with the hope of gathering enough energy to fight my procrastination :omg:
:iconsteph1254:
Steph1254 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I want to make games that teach young kids how to read/count. :)
That's a great idea. Everyone has the right to the education, so better that it's amousing. Kids don't like to do something boring, if you make them joy they'll start liking studying.
Good luck!
(Pocoyo! xD)
:iconakumafairy:
AkumaFairy Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i'm not sure. really i don't know.
But there is something that tells me to continue everyday, the only problem is that i don't know what :/
i think it might be my littlebrother :3 my heart aches if i don't see him, and i can't wait to see him smile :)
This is a very sweet comment...
I think world needs more love, nowadays siblings fight all the time (me too) and they don't see their opportunity to love someone just to the start of their lives. It's really hard to find someone who loves you at the first sight, infact we have to be glad to found easily someone (brothers and sisters) who loves us just becaause we are who we are.
Parents and siblings are the first (only) people who'll love you for ever.
AkumaFairy Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
yeah i agree...
me and my little sister fight all the time, about the smallest things! it frustrates my mother, and i can't watch her like that. I try my best to stay calm, but my sister doesn't understand. she always wants a fight -_-
so yeah.. i try my best
MortuusInAnima Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Same here. ^_^'
AkumaFairy Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
hehe :)
:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
I want to make the world a little brighter, I want to change the world a little, I want to be special.
"I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change, yey
Na na na, na na na, na na na na oh oh"
Man in the mirror- Michael Jackson

Great words my friend, great words.
Everyone is special, we must try to make a change, try to make the world brighter, so, let's start with
ourselves.

Big things always start with little things.
Long travels always start with little steps.
Big changes always start with the man in the mirror.
:iconderp-lord:
DERP-LORD Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Music, I feed off music.

and Football/Soccer my favorite sport.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I want a good house :house: Seriously - I spend 90% of my free time at home anyway, I'm not really interested in travel or anything that puts me out of my comfort zone, I like to find a good spot and establish myself in it, like, oh - a sea-anemone :dummy: I'm not one to go out a lot and do frivilous, expensive activities or hobbies, I'd rather just put it all into my dream home - make the place I barely leave as cool and fun as possible ;p The house doesn't need to be huge, as huge houses can be creepy at night when you're alone, and a bitch to clean :paranoid: But it must be modern-looking and at least look like it's younger and newer than I (the house I'm in with my family now is puny and probably 60+ years old, the roof is covered in lichen and almost everything inside and out needs renovation :worker:) I want a house I wouldn't be ashamed to invite people to. And a large beautiful garden to keep me busy (since I actually like that stuff and would love enough yard space to get really creative, can't do much with standard/small yards :p) and I would really, really like a swimming pool in there too, I'd incorporate it with my tropical-themed garden design, why travel when I can make a Bali beach in backyard :relax:

Ugh, but such a place with that much land around it would cost at least a million dollars, and that's in today's market. I fear I just may not get it, even with my really good money-saving skills and drive to earn even more. I just don't think I'd be eligible (or even interested) to get any job that pays enough a year to afford such a place :hmm:
I think your words are good.
Adtually I spend most of my time in the house. I don't really like to go shopping, go out. Actually I don't like to take a step out of my house. I just want a peaceful place where I can relax and THINK. We run too fast in life, we just should stop and stare things around us, we should think.

I hope you'll have your dream-home, I hope you'll be fine and happy. Good luck and don't forget to invite me too xD That will be the only one time I'll be happy to go out.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Same here, I'm not one to go to clubs, bars, big events etc. They have too much stupid people :shakefist: And I barely go shopping since there's little I want anyway and I'm feeling more and more like everything costs way more than what it's worth :disbelief: I have noticed life goals like having a family or travelling the world are popular, but they're always second priority to me, a case of "If I can afford my dream home AND that, then I will" =p
:iconpyrosikth:
PyroSikTh Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
A family and relative musical success.
Add a Comment: