Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Pet Peeves

:iconringousagi:
RingoUsagi Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Okay, if I totally thought this through, the list would never end. So for the sake of brevity, I'm just going to say overexcessive "umm"-ing during lectures and touchy feely people (as in those who love to give out hugs).

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
See the stick? See the stick, Peeve? Fetch the stick! That's a good boy! How's about a scratch behind the ear?
:iconc-y-n-d-i:
C-y-n-d-i Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Oh, I'll post my musical pet peeves tonight.

People who show up late to choir practice and miss all the instructions given in the beginning.

That one guy who ALWAYS loses his music. I'm serious, there's a guy in my choir who can lose something that got handed to him five minutes prior.

Music that switches time signatures a lot. A piece starts in 4/4 and suddenly it's 2/4 for a measure, it goes back to 4/4 and suddenly it goes to 3/4 with a ton of syncopation and oh, don't forget the hemiola at the end! AAAAAAH! Once I learn the song it's FUN, but the rhythms are a pain during the learning process.

Hymns that are obviously written for one verse and the words and notes for every other verse have awkward ties, slurs or syncopated pickups that EVERYBODY misses because it goes against the rhythm your musical ear hears. It just sounds messy no matter what you do. It's even worse if there are tiny secondary notes mixed in and it's hard to tell which verse they belong to!

Songs with a really low soprano part, like the Gloria we're currently singing. It's ridiculously low! Really? We're sopranos, stop making us sing in the basement! Give that melody to the altos and let us sing a descant instead! I promise the song will still be pretty!

Part crossovers. Alleluia Ascendit Deus, I'm looking at YOU. You twist my brain! (But you're a fun song and I love singing you anyway.)

Blurry, xerox copied music.

When I choke on my spit in the middle of a song. Ick.
:iconangiemyst:
AngieMyst Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Oh no, looks like I'm a touchy feely person! :noes:
Bad erasers really annoy me, they smudge up all my art without erasing anything. :stare:
And striped ties. I cannot even begin to describe how annoying that is.
:iconfelissauria:
Felissauria Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Have you tried kneading erasers?
I haven't. Are those the ones that you can mold?
:iconfelissauria:
Felissauria Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Yeah, they look like: [link]

Instead of regular erasing where you rub off the pencil with the edge of a rubber eraser, this you just press down or mold into a shape to erase parts, without damaging the rest of the drawing. It's good for light erasing in the middle of a drawing, where you can't easily erase with a rubber eraser. :)
Whoa, I'm going to get one of these!
:iconcave-cat-87:
Cave-Cat-87 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Being interrupted while I'm working on my stories, drawing my pictures, listening to my music, or watching videos on youtube.
:iconfrenetic-ride:
frenetic-ride Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh I hate touchy feely people, they invade my personal space :stare:
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Clicking pens.
Add a Comment: