Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

Impersonaters: What do you think?

:iconhellsing612:
Hellsing612 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I recently rented The Three Stooges movie on DVD. I must say, it way REALLY stupid, but I laughed, it was funny. But after watching the movie I thought of a "Beatles" concert I went to last year. They LOOKED like the Beatles, they SOUNDED like the Beatles (almost identical, actually), but they WEREN'T the Beatle. And that made me think:

For famous people, like The Beatles and Stooges; do you think we should keep their legacies alive with these impersonaters and actors, or should we put it to rest and let it be what it is?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconunknownsingularity:
UnknownSingularity Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If you know a Kate Beckinsale impersonator, send her my way :nod:
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student General Artist
So why does this have the Spam icon? I actually got excited there.

Hold on, just gotta drop this off... :iconsurprisedcashierplz:
Hellsing612 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Spam? Really? Dafuq?!
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
They're not funny, usually because I either, don't know who they're impersonating, or its nothing amazing.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
It's amazing how some of them can be so close to the person they are impersonating. But, I don't care what they do with it. :shrug:
:iconlady-xythis:
Lady-Xythis Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
It sells, so why not?
Hellsing612 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
idk, I just wanted some peoples opinions.
:iconcammieobscura:
CammieObscura Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
They have tons of impersonators, like for Elvis. It keeps the originals remembered and the impersonators get a living. But think about it, if they can't make a movie with the originals they have to use impersonators, like in the movie Hitchcock. People impersonate Lincoln and they have a business with a group of people that look like someone famous that they use at grand openings or anything that they need a "celebrity" for. I went to the Hollywood Wax Museum once and they had impersonators for Dirty Harry and the Terminator. Was fun and no harm done until Harry called me "punk".
:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Impersonations can be fun, if done well. I've always thought it would be fun to be married by an Elvis impersonator. And the rare person who can do a *good* Peter Lorre always makes me smile.
:iconlady-xythis:
Lady-Xythis Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
My cousin was married by an Elvis impersonator. Her wedding pictures are great. :D
Add a Comment: