Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

Stuffing in turkeys

:iconmystichuntress:
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You know how you put stuffing in turkeys, roast chicken etc.?

Can you eat that stuffing? And if you eat it, is it good for you?

I've always wondered....because I don't usually eat Western style food, so I don't know....and I ate it, and it doesn't really make me full or anything and it's not inedible...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I hate almost everything that's a part of Thanksgiving dinners.
:iconbrianmollinson:
BrianMollinson Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I eat only the stuffing. The chicken part is revolting.
:iconprincess-amy:
Princess-Amy Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I always make the stuffing separately
okay.
So does no one actually put the stuffing in the turkey anymore?
:iconprincess-amy:
Princess-Amy Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I dont actually buy turkey either, Its far too big for my oven at christmas, so i have a large chicken instead!!
But no, i believe everyone i know makes and bakes their stuffing separately from their meat.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Nitpick time: it's not stuffing if it isn't in the turkey. If it isn't, it's "dressing". Sure, you can eat it, but they recommend a higher internal temperature if cooked that way, followed by rapid removal the instant the turkey ;eaves the oven. You can call the Butterball hotline for information on that. Seriously! My family once had to cook a turkey in advance to take to my aunt's house (my uncle was near the end and we wanted her to have some sort of Christmas without leaving him), and they told us how to bake it in advance, then slice it and layer it with gravy in a saucepan for re-heating when we got there. Wow! It worked! Everything was tender and juicy and delicious!
There's a difference in name depending on where it is in relation to the turkey!?
Ahhhh I want turkey now!! But it's so expensive here, and you're lucky to even see them, even around Christmas time..
Yes! Stuffing it inside the turkey makes it stuffing, while keeping it separate makes it dressing. The flavor changes, and yes -- health risks do too. Inside, you absorb a lot of the turkey flavor and add moisture, while outside it is a little more dry and keeps the taste of the main ingredients (the breads, vegetables, et cetera). But as I said, the cooking temperature can easily remedy the concerns. Just remove stuffing from the bird immediately, before it can cool, and the salmonella threat is largely eliminated.
Wow, you can't get them there? Here, stores give them away free with enough groceries. You accumulate points for a few weeks, and that earns the right to a free turkey. Decent-sized one, too!
THAT'S AMAZING!!!
Turkeys can cost around $80 here and they're not even good..
Heh. Well, this is a good area for turkeys. Heck, we have actual turkey farms within a short drive from here...
Add a Comment: