A gallery full of selfies..?

I've noticed over the last couple of days a whole bunch on people who post nothing on Deviant art except photos of themselves. Not showing makeup, fashion, hair, nothing like that. Just photos of themselves that you'd see on Facebook or twitter or something like that. Almost all the photos are close to exactly the same.

Is this art?
Comments108
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Not unless it's the backup account or scraps folder of a known (this means Suicide Girls, Deadbabes, seen on TV or film, or published in a magazine) model or actress, or I think they are cute.
People like that should do that on Facebook where it's more private and has a lot less of a chance for them to get a stalker.
Well, depends.
yeah, it's art, unless it's like trolling :3
Nah. I don't mind. Maybe they're in it for the art!

Hey, we could all use an audience.
Well, I beg to differ....
:ninja:
Uh yeah my face is art. Someone made it right?

I like seeing the kinda ppl this site has
A photographer could take those pics couldnt they, if they like those "facebook pic" settings huh
Of course they could, and one or two is perfectly fine. And if they have other stuff on the dA (like you do) that is more openly considered art, that's fine. It's when they have nothing but selfies, fishing for compliments and absolutely nothing artistic at all, or even saying in the comments or anything that they think it's art.

Man that bugs me.
Oooh thats what u mean
Then i get that
Personally i haven't seen anyone like that
Buuut i have sen questionable selfless haha
Everyone is a walking piece of art! And no one favors all art pieces so lol
There is nothing wrong with self portraits. They can be an interesting feast for the eye. :D
But a whole gallery full of exactly the same photo with no artistic qualities about it?
It is obviously artistic to the uploader.
Not even. Most of the comments underneat are "omgz m so gly and hate dis photo of me."
hey i saw what you're talking about I was just browsing through the gallery in the main page. Then I came upon this photo, then I look through her gallery if I can see if she has any art. She has a lot of writing. but majority of it is photos meant for facebook.
what do you guys think. I'm just trying to add on to what :iconlove-junk: posted above.
At least she has writing too, that can be considered art. I've seen ones with nothing but photos of the self, no other forms of art at all but.

Oh, sometimes they photoshop themselves a little and call THAT art.
So how long has this been going on for?
A while, apparently. I've only really noticed it in the last few weeks, but I've been off DA for a while too.
Perhaps they search for self validation? :shrug: I dunno, they've never bothered me. :XD:
Again, off to facebook with them!
Off to facebook indeed!
If no one did that Id have no one to creep on
Valid point. Creeps need love too!
hahaha this made me laugh hahahaha