Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Middle School to High School GPA??

:iconbirdsmooch:
birdsmooch Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I was just wondering what the differences between middleschool and highschool GPA ratings are??
Because a couple of my friends in highschool currently have about a 3.2 GPA, while I have a 4.113 GPA and am currently in 8th grade.
Is there a grade average involved, or does it take more individual grades in highschool to determine a GPA?
I just thought it was weird that my friends in highschool have a lower GPA than I do, and I'm not even an all A student ((yet, aha))

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthat-crazycat:
That-CrazyCat Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
As for as my experience with GPA's are, the only way you can get a 4.00 in High School is through strait A's and anything above it is the result of a extra boost with AP classes. I'm not sure how they weight Middle School GPA's though, it might be heavier since they don't really have an impact on anything. [Where as HS numbers affect the ability to transfer/get into certain colleges ect]
:icongrease-lightning:
Um.. Well, it depends on what GPA scale your school goes by... Most are 4.0 scales I think, at least mine is. But yeah... on a 4.0 scale you would usually have to have some kind of an honors class to get above a 4.0 and even then it'd be at least mostly As. I'm not really sure how it works in middle school, I never payed attention to it in middle school and you don't really have to lol but as a senior in highschool now I get mostly As and I've got a 3.87 GPA and that's with some honors and APs, so... Maybe there's some kind of a difference? I dunno.
:iconthesingingbird:
thesingingbird Nov 21, 2012   General Artist
What do you mean you're not an A student if you have a 4.113 GPA in your middle school? Usually a 4.0 GPA means you have straight A's.

Also I was under the impression that GPA was calculating by taking the total number of grade points earned (on a typical 4 point scale, an A = 4 points, a B = 3 points, a C = 2 points, a D = 1 point, and an F = 0 pints) divided by the total number of units taken.
:iconbirdsmooch:
birdsmooch Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I've had 2 A's and 2 B's this entire semester u ou

Not exactly sure, I guess I'd have to ask one of my teachers o:
Add a Comment: