What was your ACT/SAT score?

I got a 16 this october on my first act
I didnt study
I didnt try
I was like....
Fuck this shit.
And well i could care less
Why does a big ass test need to determine if im good enough for your college...? I'm paying dammit lol
Not everyone test well, but they can sure as hell show off their skills in other ways.
Why don't they make a test for specific majors and just use your transcript for other classes?
My friend has devoted her senior yr to getting a perfect score on the SAT

Oh hell naw.
Community college then i want to transfer. I have a 3.33 gpa
And if i am lucky i'll get a full ride to MICA, i live so close and already got letters from em
Comments226
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Don't remember :shrug: I know my ACT was better than my SAT though :o
Surprised how many people favored the ACT over the SAT. I never took the ACT because the college I applied to only needed an SAT score:

Reading: 600
Math: 570
Writing: 740

1910 overall. And then I went into a major that required a lot of math. God help me.
God is too kind to have made math xD good luck
over 9000!

...anyone? anyone??
I remember taking the ACT back in June of 2010 right after I completed my junior year of high school. I got a 25 overall composite score, but I think I lucked out a little, because I excelled in the English and Reading sections. I have always been a slightly above-average test taker with subjects I enjoy so I guess that was a contributing factor, but I dont think I could get a perfect 36 score without feeling sick or get terrible anxiety about it.

Although I took my ACT after my junior year, it has taken me until now to actually go to school. After I graduated in May 2011, I took a year off from school and relaxed my mind and worked part-time so I could figure out my goals and what I want to pursue in my life. I was going to go to college in the fall, but I moved to another state in the summer and I wasnt able to figure out shit like financial and and applications and all that until after I moved, so I decided to go for this spring instead to a decent university.

I am very thankful for my 25 ACT score and my 3.56 GPA. It is something I do not and will not brag about, because I did work hard and wanted to do good in school. It was a personal choice and not one influenced solely by my parents wishes. Some people have different situations, and one of my real-life friends is a good example of someone who is a piss poor test taker but she has the drive and determination to improve and study for what she wants to become.

If you have to go to a community college to get to a university you want to go to more, then so be it. It's just a choice and if it benefits your being to go about this way despite your scores, then more power to you! Universities would not have these programs in community colleges if they did not think about those kids in a similar situation as yourself. It might not be fair to some, but you can't please everyone I suppose.

I am going to SCSU and I am excited, so I extend my excitement in hopes that you find a good option for you soon :)
Too much stuff to worry about
Hopefully my hea doesnt implode
6months til high school is done
I do not want to leave
Nnnot ready
e-e I understand the feeling to an extent.
I forget my ACT score (it was pretty good, though), but my current SAT is a 1820.
What the hell is that ??? :confused:
Read all my replies to others i wrote who judged my life quality based off my act score
Dont have the strength to type out another big ass explanation
Ok... :p
Looks like the Bac to me :p
At this point i'm, again, having a hard time caring -.-
I thought this site's community would be more understanding of different lifestyles
Open minded, but from what ppl have been saying, some of yall are still unable to step back, ignore being bias, and consider another reason than ur initial 1
People are most of the time open minded, it's just that use some acronym without giving explanation or a link to understand open the thread to questions. Sometimes questions can be a little bit hard and direct, and of course you will face some troll.
Don't take this general forum too seriously, take a deep breath and simply ignore people when you are not sure about what they want, nobody will blame you for that =)
Took the SAT once, 2320. I never took the ACT because colleges said either one would work, anyways.
Words cannot describe how jealous I am.

...I only got a 1910.
That's higher than the national average, at least. My school is just a strange outlier--our average is a 2200. But gotta work your ass off to stay in that school because it kicks out GPAs that are too low.
All things considered, there were only a few universities that wouldn't consider me. I just hate that the one I fell in love with kicked me out because I couldn't pay the bill. DX
Well that's good that there are many university options available, but sucks that your dream school didn't work out. Could you not get financial aid, or maybe scholarships?
It was out of state and I was only eligible for student loans for one year. I had to move home and will be going to a college in-state.
Uh, if you bother to go to a standardized test and then purposefully do shitty on it- why should any school take you. Why should a community college? When you then go to apply to a job, and your attitude is "Aw fuck dis shit!" tell me WHY SHOULD THEY HIRE YOU?
Because you're so young and hip and kool?
I don't think so.
You're not entitled to anything in life. If you're not willing to try, then have fun living on welfare in a trailer.
Pardon my horrid grammar but you can only type so much for so long with carpal and cubital tunnel in both arms. Didnt have the strength to go back and retype
Excuse you.
I didnt purposely do bad. I did what i could without going into great depth of thinking, if i did , my anxiety would have spikes following a headache
My attitude when getting i job would be that. It WOULD be "get it done right the 1st time" (what my veteran father stresses to all his girls).
You judge my entire personality b/c i decided not to try on a test that i dont need to succeed? If i'm going to HCC i dont need that test.
I was forced to signed up for it late, and there was no way i could cram studying in my schedule

No i dont think im hip and cool cuz im young, considering my many attempts of suicide . I know extremely well that if i want something i have to get it my DAMN self

I pick and choose what is best for my life to maintain sanity and stay alive. Only reason i am still here is b/c maybe theres someone like me who just needs to hear "its ok" to make it in life and i can be that voice.
So dont act as if idk the value of life and its complexity
I suggest for u to TRY to get to know someone b4 u insult their quality of life
Thank u