Shirt buttoned to the neck: Geek or chic?

I have always worn my shirt buttoned to the neck, my fiends often laugh at me and say things like ' Here comes. Schecter, with his shirt buttoned to the neck' and 'How come you've got your shirt buttoned up to the neck, Schecter?'.

What are your views on this fashion matter?
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I find it highly uncomfortable, hence I do not do it
only if I wear a tie. to restrictive if you ask me. why wear a button up shirt without a tie and button all the buttons you know?
I think it looks more professional in a business environment. Many women just love men in suits or uniform.
I think it really adds something to the outfit.

That aside, its just a piece of cloth, since when has clothes become so important?
I don't mind. I believe it's all preference of Style, really.
I don't tend to button shirts that high because I usually wear button up shirts over another shirt. I'll start buttoning the buttons at about nipple height or a little above or below, depending on what I think looks good (keep in mind it's over another shirt, so I'm not showing off much, just shaping the clothes in pleasing ways.)

Were I hypothetically a guy, I would also button the buttons in whatever way made me feel most comfortable. I may button all the way up, or leave the top button undone.
Well it depends on what you wear with a buttoned shirt :) If you wear a cool sweater on top, for instance, it looks real preppy and awesome!!
There is no one more preppy than Schecter.
Schecter. Simon Schecter?
I'm sorry :( I don't know..
I always leave that one unbuttoned, because I like the casual ruggedness look :)
But I think it's worse when they have their shirt buttoned one button too low.

Especially when they have a crap body XD
I always button mine up. Also, I've always wanted friends who refer to me by my surname. :(
I'll be fine. I'm used to it by now.
WEAR A PANCHO INSTEAD
if that's how you want to wear your clothing then go for it, don't listen to those other guys. truth be told maybe they jealous cause they don't got a button shirt? seriously though, I wear shirts to my neck, hoodies, I just like wearing clothing that suits me and what I like, be yourself, be an individual, as long as it isn't hurting anyone go for it
I don't think it really matters, though personally I think having a shirt buttoned all the way up makes you look a little uptight.
It all depends on the person, though. Do what's comfortable for you. :shrug:
Being a little uptight myself, you could be right.
Well then it fits right into your persona! :dummy:
how buttoned down a person is can be an indication of their spending habits.
The nearer the neck the more they spend?
That is not logical.