Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 41

Online conversation piece

:iconthebathwaterhero:
TheBathwaterHero Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You know, Sometimes I just feel like a little feed-back. negative, positive it doesn't matter But nothing I do ever gets me anywhere. I'm at this point artistically where My work doesn't suck enough to be shot-down and isn't good enough to attract attention. Hell, I stated this account so I could post things that people could find more relevant than my original concepts and still, nobody cares enough to even acknowledge it. Hell, I don't even need that much feed-back or regular commenters or watchers. I just need somebody to say something because honestly, I don't even know if I'm improving. I go out and comment bomb like crazy but there's only so much that can be done before you realize nobody cares enough to look deeper...
Anybody out there have a way to get some sort of feed-back short of whoring yourself out?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnightshade255:
Nightshade255 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconyouredoingitwrongplz:
TheBathwaterHero Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
THank you EvEr so muCh thiS is InCredibly heLpful.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012   Digital Artist
If you want critique post in the thumbshare forum and ask for it, that would be a start.

As far as your art, for starters, you need to work on cleaning things up, both your line art and coloring. It's fine if that's what the pieces look like initially, but then go back and clean up the lines and the colors, yeah it takes time, but getting better takes time, right now it honestly looks sloppy, and the only reason for that is the time hasn't been taken to clean it up.

Your lines could use more variety as well, in many of them they are far too thick and the same whether the object is in the foreground or the background. Use a combination of thick and thin lines. I'm not sure if this is because you aren't experimenting with brush sizes and types (which you could also do with your coloring), or whether you are working in a low resolution, which looks like could also be the case. In which case, also work on a larger canvas size.

Of course that's just for starters.
TheBathwaterHero Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow, thank you. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for and I will work on that. Also I'll probably check out that thumbshare forum. I had no idea that it was for asking for serious critique and feedback. (I remember thinking it was more of a Bragging thread when I read the description)
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012   Digital Artist
You have to ask for it when you post, and then some people might take the time to do so.
TheBathwaterHero Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Cool, Ill keep that in mind.
:iconkiryuin-satsuki:
Kiryuin-Satsuki Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Thats what happens when you share space with Professionals im afraid.
TheBathwaterHero Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Unfoutunately.
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
whoring yourself out.
TheBathwaterHero Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, Metaphorically of course. I meant like the people who try things like leaving comments on other people's pages telling them just to look at something of theirs or having some sort of contest with a bum prize or any other underhanded trick like that.
Add a Comment: