What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Any special plans for anybody who celebrates Thanksgiving? I'm going with my dad and sisters to my uncle's house and celebrating there.

I need to visit these forums more.
Comments94
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:iconobjectionplz: Why its called Turkey in the first place !?!
We're going to visit my brother and his family for Thanksgiving.
At me Aunts. I plan to bake Yorkshire Pudding and play Football.
Probably the usual family drama, but with turkey! :dummy:
[link]

Or possibly just gorging myself on food, and helping people on the HWL boards.
I don't support the meaning or general use of the holiday myself since it celebrates the beginning of the white man attempting to slaughter the Native Americans, its history is ambiguous, it's a Puritan holiday, and it supports factory farming & athletic teams. Not to mention that my family and I are like oil & water.

I'm still going to be using the cooking area in the trailer I'm staying in to stick a small free-ranged ham in a Ronco Showtime rotisserie, making one serving each of garlic mashed potatoes and Texas toast, drink Guinness Stout & having a single-serve red velvet cake from the Market of Choice (like Whole Foods or Wild Oats) bakery counter, since there's nothing to do or watch and the winter is a good time for good food.
Always a necessity on Thanksgiving!
Sometimes I think we have no other purpose in life other than to eat turkey. I love it. :D
Ha ha :XD: Turkey is very delicious!
Isn't that being thankful for taking over the land, killing and raping the people who were there before, and then going, thanks man?

Cuz that shit is fucking retarded.
Don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but fiancé will. Just asked him the question, actually. :la:
He's chilling. 8-)
spending that day with my boyfriend :heart:
No plans at all. Just going to do what I do for now, while waiting for my exam results. Waiting with tons of anxiety.

My good friend invited me over to Dubai to stay with her for a couple of weeks, but I am not sure what I can do there. And money is tight, so I might have to give it a pass, though it's so tempting. I want a camel ride, damn it.
Exams can be very stressful, I feel your pain... </3

I've seen pictures of Dubai, and it is one gorgeous place! I understand money being tight, that's almost always the case with my family and I.
:hug:

I feel like if I manage to pass all my exams, then there's a lot of hope for me to make some money, so I wouldn't mind blowing it just on some things I feel like I deserve. But for now, it's still unsure, and I will know my exam results this Monday... just less than a week to go, and I am excited and anxious about it!!!

Dubai is so awesome. I am very tempted to go. It won't cost too much, since I can stay with my friend there, but spending money will be quite a lot, I suspect. :lol: