McDonalds...Is it even food?

McDonalds for me is a love hate thing, I eat it at least once a week, I try to limit to myself to that but I could gobble up to three meals some weeks :( I love eating it, hate myself and the food after, but it comes full circle within a few days, a Mickey D's double bacon cheese burger or a Quarter pounder seems so delicious until after its in my stomach and I'm reminded its crap.

I've always know McDonalds is unhealthy and is very likely laced with addicting chemicals, hell you can smell something's not right before you eat it. And the companies they say make their sauce packets, Hienz here, tastes nothing like the companies original product, NOTHING!

Anyway, My point is...

With fries that never go bad, Chemical laced food, Known carcinogens used in small amounts and a texture that just dosen't... feel right and burger meat and buns that seems as if it were a Movie prop. Can McDonalds really be called food? Do the fries even digest? Does it hold any actual nutritional value? Is it just calories and fat in the shape of food? Is it cardboard? Are people as well off eating their own faeces?

I just had a double bacon cheese burger, chicken nuggets and small Fanta, My stomach feels like its going to blow :(

Have you ever eaten McDonalds, or do you still? What are your thoughts. And don't lie to sound cool and all non-conformist-y :lol:

DISCLAIMER: I do not eat the fires! Not any more at least :shrug:
Comments167
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yes I do. Especially after a stressful day. Their cheeseburgers are delicious, but horribly unhealthy, and not all that filling (even after a double I'm still hungry usually).
To me their food is complete garbage. I avoid eating there. Their food gives me bad stomach cramps >_<
I'll only take my kids there like, 3 times a year..
Ever since I was about 15 or 16 I haven't had that wretched crap. In fact I've limited my diet since then to the most unhealthy things being coffee and chips and the occasional Arbys. I'll only eat Angus or turkey burgers and no I don't consider the majority of fast food joints food. Food is supposed to help your body, or at the very least provide sustenance. Any time I would eat mcDonalds I would end up getting sick and puking, mostly because my colitis would act up after ward and I'd get sick to my stomach but more often than not it was because generally the food sucked.

When ever I graduate college in the next semester or so and I have far less stress I'm going to try to eat mainly things I cook that aren't processed.

To me it's not a vicious process of denial, for me its a steady progression toward eating things that I wouldn't even wish prisoners to eat.
I think you're eating it too much.
Oh for sure, I'm doing to quit it though since I just can't seem to digest it as of late.
That would be the intelligent thing to do. :3
The meat is more filler than meat.
I seldom eat there, I lost 15 pounds since I stopped visiting places like that so often. I was getting food from Taco Bell or Arby's on certain nights to take to work, but it's not a good habit. I think there needs to be laws against chemicals being in food that shouldn't be there. That's not right.
Food from McDonalds is laced with chemicals?
I eat the fries... ;.;
Maybe this hatred is coming from you overeating ;;
I honestly don't go there much and when i do, i don't order those super x-large burgers and fries.
I'm glad you don't eat the fires. That would be bad.

I'll never understand why everyone around me was practically raised on the stuff and the moment they hear what they've been eating they vow never to eat it again. It doesn't hurt anybody, unless you're trying to one-up Supersize Me.
I guess being perfectly healthy is too much for them.

I like their food, 'nuff said. It hasn't affected me in any fashion, and neither has any other fast food chain. Why should I shun it?
I saw part of that documentary once in school.
Yeah... the doctors were like STAHP and he was like "Nope! My liver may be made of fat at this point but I've got a week left of McDieting! Hope ya don't prepare my obituary to soon!"

Needless to say, it affected everyone in the classroom but me. Apparently if a man eats fast food every day thrice a day and gets fat, it turns people off to even touching it. Because their logic dictates that if they eat it occasionally, or even sparingly, then they too will become an obese monster.
I love McDonalds but hate my body.
I wish bad food was magically good for us.

:iconheaddeskplz:
Wish anything was good for us, lol.
Good food can taste better than mcdonalds, You should try it.
With what money? :P
And I do agree, most 'good' food is nicer.
I just can't afford veg or fruit due to uneployment.

Fuck it, that's what prostitution is for.
Am gunna call myself by a false name. Serena Sapphire.

oyes.
I'm on welfare and I spend less money on healthy and fresh food (Or at least decent)than I would eating out every day or Buying frozen and convenient meals.

If you are on a budget, start by buying a bag of rice, potatoes, pasta, eggs ect all are cheap and last for a while, If you can't afford fresh veg then buy some frozen mixed veg...Not as good obviously but if you cook it perfectly there shouldnt be to much of a loss of nutrients and the same goes for fruit, can't afford it? Buy it tinned, not ideal but its better than not eating it at all. And you can get a lot fibre from certain cereals such as AllBran to save money. And don't go shopping at the "big" stores that say they are cheap, shop around, If you have an Aldi or Lidl or even check your local stores to see what the prices are there...

Freshly baked baguettes are also cheap, high in energy, good for you and make a great lunch/tea. There is so much you can find on a budget and so much you can do.

Also your excuse is pretty silly to begin with...If you were employed and had the money you are more likely to buy fast food and convenience food due to time constraints, But since you are unemployed you should have more time to shop around for cheap healthy food and whip it up in the kitchen! Also, You have more time for exercise.
Considering I live next to a food bank and other "local stores" including an Aldi, I think I can tell what is cheaper and what isn't. It just seems that you're trying to insult my intelligence or attempting to get a negative reaction. Frankly, I'm not interested in giving you one. Seeing as you're in Ireland, you know how early it is in the UK and the fact is I'm tired. I'm really not in the mood for people who think they know everything about the world or even the area and pricing of stores around where I live whilst in a completely different country. I'm pretty sure if I could afford shit, I wouldn't have to ask my cousins or sister if they have any cereal I can eat for dinners. And yes, I am on a budget but you don't know my financial situations at all now, do you? How about you get down from your high horse and stop assuming that I'm 'just being silly'.

I know you probably didn't mean to offend me or probably phrase it in such a way that I would take it wrongly but I'm fed up of people pretty much belittling my intelligence. So yeah. I'm just ending this conversation now.
Ive never had it. But it looks like plastic to me lol
But the fires are best part. and yes it is food. I eat it for every meal ever always. and I is body builder.