Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 166

McDonalds...Is it even food?

:iconjonnyaltezza:
JonnyAltezza Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
McDonalds for me is a love hate thing, I eat it at least once a week, I try to limit to myself to that but I could gobble up to three meals some weeks :( I love eating it, hate myself and the food after, but it comes full circle within a few days, a Mickey D's double bacon cheese burger or a Quarter pounder seems so delicious until after its in my stomach and I'm reminded its crap.

I've always know McDonalds is unhealthy and is very likely laced with addicting chemicals, hell you can smell something's not right before you eat it. And the companies they say make their sauce packets, Hienz here, tastes nothing like the companies original product, NOTHING!

Anyway, My point is...

With fries that never go bad, Chemical laced food, Known carcinogens used in small amounts and a texture that just dosen't... feel right and burger meat and buns that seems as if it were a Movie prop. Can McDonalds really be called food? Do the fries even digest? Does it hold any actual nutritional value? Is it just calories and fat in the shape of food? Is it cardboard? Are people as well off eating their own faeces?

I just had a double bacon cheese burger, chicken nuggets and small Fanta, My stomach feels like its going to blow :(

Have you ever eaten McDonalds, or do you still? What are your thoughts. And don't lie to sound cool and all non-conformist-y :lol:

DISCLAIMER: I do not eat the fires! Not any more at least :shrug:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yes I do. Especially after a stressful day. Their cheeseburgers are delicious, but horribly unhealthy, and not all that filling (even after a double I'm still hungry usually).
:iconleafyloo:
leafyloo Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
To me their food is complete garbage. I avoid eating there. Their food gives me bad stomach cramps >_<
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student General Artist
I'll only take my kids there like, 3 times a year..
:iconsagethethird:
sagethethird Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Ever since I was about 15 or 16 I haven't had that wretched crap. In fact I've limited my diet since then to the most unhealthy things being coffee and chips and the occasional Arbys. I'll only eat Angus or turkey burgers and no I don't consider the majority of fast food joints food. Food is supposed to help your body, or at the very least provide sustenance. Any time I would eat mcDonalds I would end up getting sick and puking, mostly because my colitis would act up after ward and I'd get sick to my stomach but more often than not it was because generally the food sucked.

When ever I graduate college in the next semester or so and I have far less stress I'm going to try to eat mainly things I cook that aren't processed.

To me it's not a vicious process of denial, for me its a steady progression toward eating things that I wouldn't even wish prisoners to eat.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I think you're eating it too much.
JonnyAltezza Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Oh for sure, I'm doing to quit it though since I just can't seem to digest it as of late.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
That would be the intelligent thing to do. :3
:iconsabbaticgoat:
SabbaticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
The meat is more filler than meat.
:iconwildergothica:
WilderGothica Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I seldom eat there, I lost 15 pounds since I stopped visiting places like that so often. I was getting food from Taco Bell or Arby's on certain nights to take to work, but it's not a good habit. I think there needs to be laws against chemicals being in food that shouldn't be there. That's not right.
:iconkittymrowmrow:
KittyMrowMrow Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Food from McDonalds is laced with chemicals?
I eat the fries... ;.;
:iconmikriluna:
Mikriluna Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Maybe this hatred is coming from you overeating ;;
I honestly don't go there much and when i do, i don't order those super x-large burgers and fries.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm glad you don't eat the fires. That would be bad.

I'll never understand why everyone around me was practically raised on the stuff and the moment they hear what they've been eating they vow never to eat it again. It doesn't hurt anybody, unless you're trying to one-up Supersize Me.
I guess being perfectly healthy is too much for them.

I like their food, 'nuff said. It hasn't affected me in any fashion, and neither has any other fast food chain. Why should I shun it?
I saw part of that documentary once in school.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah... the doctors were like STAHP and he was like "Nope! My liver may be made of fat at this point but I've got a week left of McDieting! Hope ya don't prepare my obituary to soon!"

Needless to say, it affected everyone in the classroom but me. Apparently if a man eats fast food every day thrice a day and gets fat, it turns people off to even touching it. Because their logic dictates that if they eat it occasionally, or even sparingly, then they too will become an obese monster.
:iconjadecharm:
jadecharm Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I love McDonalds but hate my body.
I wish bad food was magically good for us.

:iconheaddeskplz:
So do I.
Wish anything was good for us, lol.
Good food can taste better than mcdonalds, You should try it.
With what money? :P
And I do agree, most 'good' food is nicer.
I just can't afford veg or fruit due to uneployment.

Fuck it, that's what prostitution is for.
Am gunna call myself by a false name. Serena Sapphire.

oyes.
I'm on welfare and I spend less money on healthy and fresh food (Or at least decent)than I would eating out every day or Buying frozen and convenient meals.

If you are on a budget, start by buying a bag of rice, potatoes, pasta, eggs ect all are cheap and last for a while, If you can't afford fresh veg then buy some frozen mixed veg...Not as good obviously but if you cook it perfectly there shouldnt be to much of a loss of nutrients and the same goes for fruit, can't afford it? Buy it tinned, not ideal but its better than not eating it at all. And you can get a lot fibre from certain cereals such as AllBran to save money. And don't go shopping at the "big" stores that say they are cheap, shop around, If you have an Aldi or Lidl or even check your local stores to see what the prices are there...

Freshly baked baguettes are also cheap, high in energy, good for you and make a great lunch/tea. There is so much you can find on a budget and so much you can do.

Also your excuse is pretty silly to begin with...If you were employed and had the money you are more likely to buy fast food and convenience food due to time constraints, But since you are unemployed you should have more time to shop around for cheap healthy food and whip it up in the kitchen! Also, You have more time for exercise.
Considering I live next to a food bank and other "local stores" including an Aldi, I think I can tell what is cheaper and what isn't. It just seems that you're trying to insult my intelligence or attempting to get a negative reaction. Frankly, I'm not interested in giving you one. Seeing as you're in Ireland, you know how early it is in the UK and the fact is I'm tired. I'm really not in the mood for people who think they know everything about the world or even the area and pricing of stores around where I live whilst in a completely different country. I'm pretty sure if I could afford shit, I wouldn't have to ask my cousins or sister if they have any cereal I can eat for dinners. And yes, I am on a budget but you don't know my financial situations at all now, do you? How about you get down from your high horse and stop assuming that I'm 'just being silly'.

I know you probably didn't mean to offend me or probably phrase it in such a way that I would take it wrongly but I'm fed up of people pretty much belittling my intelligence. So yeah. I'm just ending this conversation now.
:iconkawisaurus:
Kawisaurus Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student General Artist
Ive never had it. But it looks like plastic to me lol
:iconxxblackxfoxxx:
XXBlackXFoxXX Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
But the fires are best part. and yes it is food. I eat it for every meal ever always. and I is body builder.
PPFFF...Whateva
XXBlackXFoxXX Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
It's true
Ya.... No one could keep fit or toned eating McDonalds all the time :no:
XXBlackXFoxXX Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I did
:iconanyura:
Anyura Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I liked to go to McDonalds when I was a child, mainly because of the toys and the playgrounds.
Then I haven't eaten there for almost ... 7 years?
The last time was in Austria at midnight and it tasted so bad!
The salad was so bitter and the sauce for the chicken nuggets smelled strange... I don't know what they put in there, but my stomach did hurt the rest of the night.
It tasted better when I was little. o_O

Anyway, I really try to stay away from McDonalds. I'd rather go to Subway, eat a Döner or Chinese. And if I want french fries, there's a Currywurst hut around the corner.
:iconxhyacintho:
xHyacintho Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Have you ever eaten McDonalds? ----- No.
What are your thoughts? ----- I don't usually think about it, but, when you mentioned it...

MCDONALDS IS EVIL :lol:
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I sometimes eat it.....
But only when I go to Japan, since it's cheaper than eating at a restaurant
JonnyAltezza Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Wow, going to japan to eat McD's? Haha. That's like going to london to eat chinese food.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
:lol:
:iconkhirate:
Khirate Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Used to. Then one day, I opened a box of their chicken nuggets and took a bite out of one.....
The damned thing wasn't even cooked. It was raw. Could never stand to eat anything from there again, though sometimes their fries tempt me with their delicious saltiness. But no, I haven't had McDonalds for quite a few years now....
I hope you sued...
:iconkhirate:
Khirate Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ahh, no......>.< Probably should have....
:iconblankcanvas26:
BlankCanvas26 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hate it, everytime I have it I realize I'd been better off with something else.
:iconblankcanvas26:
BlankCanvas26 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I used to like it when I was younger. I prefer Hungry Jacks now.
:iconieighton:
Ieighton Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Dem breakfast wraps at 6am

Dem quarterpounders with free McFlurries for students
Dem fried chicken heads in the nuggets.
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Not a huge fan of it, to be honest. It might not be any healthier but I prefer KFC.
Bloody hell, I haven't had it for weeks :noes:
:iconsimon-schecter:
Simon-Schecter Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Charlton Heston.
Fried salami wrapped in bacon and wedged between two deep fried mars bars with melted cheese on top. And a cherry of course.

Whats your point, yo?
:iconsolaces:
Solaces Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
I had McD's for the first time in a long time last month when the power went out. Have to admit, it was kind of tasty, but I wouldn't say I missed it. It was just a high-calorie "boost" of sorts (had a plain filet-o-fish and some fries). I was actually more excited about drinking soda pop because I never allow myself to drink the stuff.=P
:iconconstantvariation:
ConstantVariation Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist
Their milkshakes are soo good.... but it feels soo wrong.
Feels as wrong leaving as i does going in.
:icondiscoandrea:
discoandrea Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
of course its food...
quarterpounder with cheese is my fav :-)
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
I love their Chicken McNuggets but they're full of salt. :shrug:
JonnyAltezza Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I also love the nuggets but they are Not chicken. :no: Don't be fooled.
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
They fooled me. I better go Google what's really in them. :o
Add a Comment: