Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Mind if ask what are your opinions about this?

:iconcruxifix96:
Cruxifix96 Nov 19, 2012  Student Photographer
A few months have passed since a friend of mine here in dA got banned... The worst part is that he has been framed for breaking the rules which he didn't actually do.

Currently the culprit has deactivated their account... But my friend is still banned for an indefinite amount of time. I'm not the only one who knows this, but here's my point: Is there a possibility that a banned dA account can be reactivated when given enough proof and witnesses (like screenshots, etc?)

Hopefully I don't break any rules... This is my first time I posted in the forums.

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Please refer to this thread if you need help. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:iconcloudwilk:
Cloudwilk Nov 20, 2012  Student Filmographer
I have no idea, but I would hope so.
:icononelonelypickle:
OneLonelyPickle Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Why doesn't your friend just make a new account?
Not a good idea, man. He's been here twice. Banned with the same reason.
:iconc-y-n-d-i:
Have your friend appeal it. I had a ban reversed after somebody used my computer to make a bunch of accounts to harass somebody else on the site. I explained the situation as best I could and made a point to change the email attached to this account and the password(and all my other passwords!).

My first support ticket got lost, so I sent another one with the same contents after a month of nothing, and the ban was taken off on the condition that I would be re-banned if my IP showed suspicious activity again.

I wasn't mad at all because I can TOTALLY understand why they banned me. I blame myself for not being more vigilant of what this person was doing. They CLAIMED they used my computer to job search. Anyway, said guilty person is no longer allowed near my house.

DA doesn't accept screencaps of stuff as evidence, but I might be wrong and that might only be when reporting another deviant, so try it anyway. Try to be really concise when you write the support ticket because people have to rifle through several a day, and I don't know if they'll sit down to read something that's ten pages long.

I hope this can be fixed. Good luck!
Thanks... But in this case, there was a female dA user who blocked him, and the reason my friend got banned is because some troll used a slightly re-typed version of my friend's dA username and send a hate note to her, meaning that "suspected" user tried going around the block.

I know this because me, my friend and the female dA user who reported my friend all know each other. They got personal issues, but when we chatted via Skype we got news from her that she didn't had anything to do with this.
:iconc-y-n-d-i:
Yeaaaaaah, I think sharing that evidence with the staff might help. I think DA can track the IP of a username when it first signs up, but that might not matter if somebody uses a proxy. I don't really use them myself and am not quite sure how they work. :slow: But links to the banned friend and the fake username might shed some light on the error.

I hope it works out :heart:
:iconphoenixleo:
FAQ #221: I was banned, is there anything I can do?
Ask your banned friend to contact +help.
:iconlobosabio:
I would suggest you go to the help desk and try to appeal the ban. That's the best you can do right now.
:iconlesser-pandas:
Yeah, people have been banned and successfully appealed it plenty of times. It's not always easy though, and may take a while.
Add a Comment: