What is the most physically painful thing you have ever went through?

I got talking with my mother today on physically painful things and she mentioned that breaking her leg in two places hurt more than giving birth (note this is personal experience and not fact). Then I recalled when I worked a construction job and had been pierced through my side by falling on steel rebar. I passed out from the pain before the ambulance picked me up.

What about you guys?
Comments133
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The bullies back in middle school.
I never want to remember those days again.... :(
Having to be a guinea pig for a blood draw with a just learning phlebotomist. She kept redirecting the needle and it hurt so bad. I told her to stop and another nurse had to run over and stop her because I was passing out and about ready to puke. Ever since then I've been afraid of getting blood drawn or getting shots. I work at a vet clinic so I'm around needles alot. I'm ok if I have control of them and I can draw blood and give shots to the animals just fine.
We were playing dodgeball when I was 11 and it hit me in my... let's say "developing feminine chest". :stare: It was as painful as heck.
I was tested for oxygen level in my blood, and a student did it on me. Imagine a long needle in your wrist, just between two bones, the feeling of the needle scraping against the bones. And an inexperienced student who had to find the vein and wriggle the needle inbetween sinews and bones. I never cry because of pain, but this time I almost cried.. And the student cried more than me, I had to comfort her while struggling my tears... Nex time I did the same test it was a different experience, almost no pain at all....
I fell down a big rocky hill and broke a toe and got all scratched up it hurt so bad :(
I think it was when I broke my foot when I was 17 or when I fell down the stars when I was 5 :P
I broke my arm when I was six but don't remember it all that much. :ohnoes:

Hurting my back while sledding when I was 11. It's never gone back to normal since then.

Having braces. Getting the braces taken off. Then getting lots of cavities filled after getting them out. In one appointment, the dentist gave me three or four shots and it still hurt. :stare:

Stubbing one of my little toes. Most of my foot was purple afterward. We had it X-rayed, but it wasn't broken. :ohnoes: That toe still hurts when I mess with it.
Getting my tattoo was quite painful, but I think getting my navel pierced hurt more.
Other than that, I don't really know. I've never broken anything or had serious health complications.
Went a day without sugar.
breaking a pinky finger when i was 5 on a power ranger toy sucked. then in 5th grade i broke my foot and tore a ligament after falling down a flight of stairs because my bookbag weighed more than me, i guess i can say that one sucked the most since i still have pain from that and need ligament surgery.
I'll be having my son in February so i guess that'll take the number one spot later...
:shrugs:
Either....
fracturing my arm bone...

or...

My constant joint pain... it's not horrible it's just constant.
Is it bad that I've never broken a bone or have sprained anything in my life?
Not bad, just very lucky. Condratulations x
A cracked pinky finger....

Night leg cramps (seriously I just wake up (in the middle of the night) because of my leg cramping up)
Getting my index finger slammed between boards at a prefab construction company when I was a teenager, I had to go to hospital after a couple days to get it pierced so they could let the blood squirt out and relieve the pressure :D Only got that done because the pain was incredible.
Burning my finger by picking up an ember once (about the same age) and THAT hurt almost worse than slamming the damn finger.
Having the suchres yanked from my gums after wisdom tooth extraction- :eyepopping: I dispute that child birth could hurt as much.
I'm not sure if it's the time I seriously burned my fingers in science or the time I was stung by something in Australia.
July/5/2002

I had fallen off a chair and hit my head on the edge of a sharp step and was bleeding. I had to get several stitches.
Of the things I'd remember, I'd have to say the worst were

When I was a kid at sailing camp, I was in the boat, and something went wrong, a bit of the mast came off but was still attached by the sail, so it came swinging around and hit me in the face. I was knocked about 10 feet, aparrently, right into the water.
I had a huge lump on my head for about a week.

Trying to sled of a ramp, I crashed down directly onto my tailbone, and that sucked. We were pretty sure I had fractured it, and i couldn't walk right for a long time. I still can't sit up perfectly straight for very long without it hurting.

And just a month or two ago when I was helping to carry a laundry machine up the stars, and It landed on my hand. In case that wasn't bad enough, I made the mistake of trying to yank my hand out from under it without lifting first. I caught a sharp corner and tore my hand open.
Ok Bri-Dude, you are jinxed.
Quite possibly, so I guess its a good thing I regenerate health pretty fast.
Twisting my right ankle 90 degrees sideways & tearing tendon/tendons; the pain was horrible :noes:. And it took me almost three months to be able to walk somewhat normally again :S
Wisdom teeth extraction. omg, worst week of my life. Actually, having braces was pretty painful too. Not being able to eat every time I'd get them tightened because of the pain? eep, no thanks.
This is gonna sound tame compared to some other replies here.. Probably a toss-up between sunburn/muscle strain, chillblains and a kidney infection here.

Sunburn was from spending most of a very hot and sunny day at the beach on a seaside holiday some years ago. Had to get up during that night and the pain in my calves nearly had me on the floor - was an intense burning or tearing kind of pain. I couldn't stand with my legs straight for some days after that - was an awesome holiday though, so worth it :D
I have pretty sensitive skin here, and during winter the backs of my hands tend to dry out something awful despite the use of gloves. In winter 2010 the skin got so bad that it was starting to crack and bleed. Needless to say I couldn't stand to have anything touch the backs of my hands.
As for the kidney infection... Think of a crushing pain either side of the lower back, near the hips. That persisted for a couple of weeks until I zapped it with antibiotics.
When I was like 10, I somehow got an impacted bowel. Thought it was my appendix at first and spent literally SIX HOURS in the ER waiting to be seen. I had a fever and I was crying in pain. Luckily it wasn't my appendix, but the pain kept getting worse so my parents thought I'd ruptured. Imagine the worst food poisoning pains of your life shooting across your torso, and you can't fart or poop to get rid of it. I get pretty bad monthly lady cramps, and this hurt worse than those.

My large intestine was on the verge of ripping itself apart from all the pressure.

The culmination was a doctor with sausage hands shoving his finger up my ass to check for rectal swelling. I was sent home with an enema, and that was the most painful shit of my life.

I still don't even know why my bowel impacted like that. I'm still afraid it'll happen again.