Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 132

What is the most physically painful thing you have ever went through?

:iconriceak:
Riceak Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I got talking with my mother today on physically painful things and she mentioned that breaking her leg in two places hurt more than giving birth (note this is personal experience and not fact). Then I recalled when I worked a construction job and had been pierced through my side by falling on steel rebar. I passed out from the pain before the ambulance picked me up.

What about you guys?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzero587:
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
The bullies back in middle school.
I never want to remember those days again.... :(
:icontemariataje:
TemariAtaje Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Having to be a guinea pig for a blood draw with a just learning phlebotomist. She kept redirecting the needle and it hurt so bad. I told her to stop and another nurse had to run over and stop her because I was passing out and about ready to puke. Ever since then I've been afraid of getting blood drawn or getting shots. I work at a vet clinic so I'm around needles alot. I'm ok if I have control of them and I can draw blood and give shots to the animals just fine.
:iconpinkishhair97:
pinkishhair97 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
We were playing dodgeball when I was 11 and it hit me in my... let's say "developing feminine chest". :stare: It was as painful as heck.
:iconcoffeetoffeesquirrel:
CoffeeToffeeSquirrel Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012   General Artist
I was tested for oxygen level in my blood, and a student did it on me. Imagine a long needle in your wrist, just between two bones, the feeling of the needle scraping against the bones. And an inexperienced student who had to find the vein and wriggle the needle inbetween sinews and bones. I never cry because of pain, but this time I almost cried.. And the student cried more than me, I had to comfort her while struggling my tears... Nex time I did the same test it was a different experience, almost no pain at all....
:iconsqwishymcfuzz:
SqwishyMcFuzz Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I fell down a big rocky hill and broke a toe and got all scratched up it hurt so bad :(
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think it was when I broke my foot when I was 17 or when I fell down the stars when I was 5 :P
:iconlady-kl:
Lady-KL Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I broke my arm when I was six but don't remember it all that much. :ohnoes:

Hurting my back while sledding when I was 11. It's never gone back to normal since then.

Having braces. Getting the braces taken off. Then getting lots of cavities filled after getting them out. In one appointment, the dentist gave me three or four shots and it still hurt. :stare:

Stubbing one of my little toes. Most of my foot was purple afterward. We had it X-rayed, but it wasn't broken. :ohnoes: That toe still hurts when I mess with it.
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Getting my tattoo was quite painful, but I think getting my navel pierced hurt more.
Other than that, I don't really know. I've never broken anything or had serious health complications.
:iconkhirate:
Khirate Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Went a day without sugar.
:icontamz1988:
tamz1988 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
breaking a pinky finger when i was 5 on a power ranger toy sucked. then in 5th grade i broke my foot and tore a ligament after falling down a flight of stairs because my bookbag weighed more than me, i guess i can say that one sucked the most since i still have pain from that and need ligament surgery.
I'll be having my son in February so i guess that'll take the number one spot later...
:iconkasimere:
Kasimere Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Filmographer
:shrugs:
Either....
fracturing my arm bone...

or...

My constant joint pain... it's not horrible it's just constant.
:iconneiot:
Neiot Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Is it bad that I've never broken a bone or have sprained anything in my life?
:iconkawisaurus:
Kawisaurus Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
Not bad, just very lucky. Condratulations x
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
A cracked pinky finger....

Night leg cramps (seriously I just wake up (in the middle of the night) because of my leg cramping up)
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Getting my index finger slammed between boards at a prefab construction company when I was a teenager, I had to go to hospital after a couple days to get it pierced so they could let the blood squirt out and relieve the pressure :D Only got that done because the pain was incredible.
Burning my finger by picking up an ember once (about the same age) and THAT hurt almost worse than slamming the damn finger.
Having the suchres yanked from my gums after wisdom tooth extraction- :eyepopping: I dispute that child birth could hurt as much.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I'm not sure if it's the time I seriously burned my fingers in science or the time I was stung by something in Australia.
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
July/5/2002

I had fallen off a chair and hit my head on the edge of a sharp step and was bleeding. I had to get several stitches.
:iconbri-dude:
Bri-Dude Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
Of the things I'd remember, I'd have to say the worst were

When I was a kid at sailing camp, I was in the boat, and something went wrong, a bit of the mast came off but was still attached by the sail, so it came swinging around and hit me in the face. I was knocked about 10 feet, aparrently, right into the water.
I had a huge lump on my head for about a week.

Trying to sled of a ramp, I crashed down directly onto my tailbone, and that sucked. We were pretty sure I had fractured it, and i couldn't walk right for a long time. I still can't sit up perfectly straight for very long without it hurting.

And just a month or two ago when I was helping to carry a laundry machine up the stars, and It landed on my hand. In case that wasn't bad enough, I made the mistake of trying to yank my hand out from under it without lifting first. I caught a sharp corner and tore my hand open.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Ok Bri-Dude, you are jinxed.
:iconbri-dude:
Bri-Dude Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
Quite possibly, so I guess its a good thing I regenerate health pretty fast.
:iconmrwillleh:
MrWillLeh Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Twisting my right ankle 90 degrees sideways & tearing tendon/tendons; the pain was horrible :noes:. And it took me almost three months to be able to walk somewhat normally again :S
:iconsolaces:
Solaces Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Wisdom teeth extraction. omg, worst week of my life. Actually, having braces was pretty painful too. Not being able to eat every time I'd get them tightened because of the pain? eep, no thanks.
:iconartununos-k2:
artununos-k2 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
This is gonna sound tame compared to some other replies here.. Probably a toss-up between sunburn/muscle strain, chillblains and a kidney infection here.

Sunburn was from spending most of a very hot and sunny day at the beach on a seaside holiday some years ago. Had to get up during that night and the pain in my calves nearly had me on the floor - was an intense burning or tearing kind of pain. I couldn't stand with my legs straight for some days after that - was an awesome holiday though, so worth it :D
I have pretty sensitive skin here, and during winter the backs of my hands tend to dry out something awful despite the use of gloves. In winter 2010 the skin got so bad that it was starting to crack and bleed. Needless to say I couldn't stand to have anything touch the backs of my hands.
As for the kidney infection... Think of a crushing pain either side of the lower back, near the hips. That persisted for a couple of weeks until I zapped it with antibiotics.
:iconc-y-n-d-i:
C-y-n-d-i Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
When I was like 10, I somehow got an impacted bowel. Thought it was my appendix at first and spent literally SIX HOURS in the ER waiting to be seen. I had a fever and I was crying in pain. Luckily it wasn't my appendix, but the pain kept getting worse so my parents thought I'd ruptured. Imagine the worst food poisoning pains of your life shooting across your torso, and you can't fart or poop to get rid of it. I get pretty bad monthly lady cramps, and this hurt worse than those.

My large intestine was on the verge of ripping itself apart from all the pressure.

The culmination was a doctor with sausage hands shoving his finger up my ass to check for rectal swelling. I was sent home with an enema, and that was the most painful shit of my life.

I still don't even know why my bowel impacted like that. I'm still afraid it'll happen again.
:iconstarfruity2009:
Starfruity2009 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
When I was in 5th grade i fell of my bike and chipped alot of teeth, it took 3 years till they could repair them. :(
:iconslippymagnus:
SlippyMagnus Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Beaten down by a high-school textbook.
It prolly doesn't stack up to anyone elses, but whatever.
:icon1sidedownand2up:
1sidedownand2up Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
When I was 10 I ran into a door handle which went into my left eye. Somehow I didn't need surgery but the whole thing stayed blood red for a month or so.
:icontazhia:
Tazhia Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ever since primary school i have had injuries almost everyday. One day i was winded by a ball, the next i tripped down the stairs. Yeah. Accident prone :P But the worst would be having been hit by a blue van 2 years ago in year 7 (i was 11 at the time) so yeah, a night in hospital and 1 month off school :D
:iconquirkbiscuits:
QuirkBiscuits Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm lucky in that I've never badly hurt myself. Honestly the worst pain I can think of was getting a nettlesting right on/in(?) a papercut I already had.
:iconrustyironmonger:
rustyironmonger Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Being tazed after a deputy sheriff in the county jail here provoked me into a reaction. He had been withholding my medications for over 48 hours and I was screaming for them constantly, he is a jerk and I still fear him to this day.

The pain was strong, and he could have killed me because I have heart rhythm problems and have been showing some small signs of cardiomyopathy over the past 8 years.
:iconyaboopurple:
yaboopurple Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
I was once playing netball at school, and I ran in, a girl threw a ball (badly) at me it it hit me in the neck, knocking all my breath out of me, and then some girl tripped me up and I went rolling across the concrete netball court. I literally couldn't breathe. Then the teacher ordered me to get up, until she realised I was really hurt and sent me off with my friend to the nurse.
:iconflandrepink:
FlandrePink Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
When I was 4, my training wheels on my bike broke, and my bike went tumbling down a hill, and crashed into a bench on my forehead at like 50km/h...
You could literally see my skull :P
:iconcave-cat-87:
Cave-Cat-87 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
One time in sixth grade when I was coming home from camp, I had a sliver in the heel of my left foot, so I had to wait until I got home so that my dad could use his pocket knife the get the sliver out. It was really painful.
:iconshushubaby:
shushubaby Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
When I accidently ran into a wall during recess when I was in first grade, I had a bruised face, busted lip and bloody nose and my teacher refused to let me go to the nurse's office.
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
2009 Iraq.

It was a boobytrap left behind by a some terrorist asshole. The house was a suspected bomb making house. After kicking in the door I am the rear security at the back of the entery team. I turn around and face the outside of the door. When I do the last thing I see is this hot flash. Then...Boom! It felt like I rolling my back in a pile of fire ants. My legs, ass, and the back of my arms are peppered by small shrapnel. It burned at it stung horribly. Like a red hot poker from a bee sting was hitting you in the same places over again and again.

You couldn't lie down without it burning so badly. Sleeping on either side was just as bad.

I was returned to duty in less than a week.
Thank you for your service, sir.
:iconsimon-schecter:
Simon-Schecter Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
I once sat on my glasses.
:icongingerbaron:
Gingerbaron Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Dislocated my knee when is was 15 playing a game of rugby, someone decided to just tackle my leg and not me. Fell to the floor stood back up on it thanks to the adrenaline but then felt the pain. After a while though I was more cold than in pain and wanted to curl up to keep warm, I pulled me legs together close to my chest and my knee clicked back into place. I still play rugby now but still have that cold chill down my back when I think about that injury.
:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
When I broke my hand. It hurt so much, I couldn't breathe or talk properly. But the first doctor who looked at my hand said that my hand was not in need of an x-ray and that everything would be fine in the morning. I didn't sleep that night, my hand was on fire from the pain and its size was twice as big in the morning. I went to the ER and explained what had happened and what the first doctor had told me. They decided to x-ray and it turned out my hand was broken in three places and my little finger had been dislocated. (!) How on Earth did that first doctor not see that?!

I will remember that painful night until the day I die.
:iconurfallenangel90:
UrFallenAngel90 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My 4-year-old son was 9 pounds, I was in labor with him for 28 hours, and I gave birth to him at home, completely natural with no Dr. or midwife; I also had my twins (6 pounds each) after 30 hours of labor the same way.

The only thing that's even came close to that pain was when I was when I compressed 4 discs in my back when I was working stock at a grocery store. A co-worker and I were unstacking boxes. He was on a lift about 8 feet up, and while moving boxes around, one box fell off. I didn't know if whatever was in it would break if it hit the ground, and didn't expect it to be that heavy, so I caught it and messed my back up. It's caused my discs to start to deteriorate, and I've been on 12.5mcg. of Fentanly since it happened in 2007.
:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Having a concussion because I hit my head on a door
Fracturing my elbow (and having to sit for several hours with no pain relief apart from an icepack because my school 'nurse' couldn't recognise a fracture)
Badly spraining my leg during camp, I couldn't walk properly for a month as I kept nearly falling over whenever I walked oh and I did this several nights before the end of the camp so instead of getting to go home I had to finish the camp with an injured leg
The time I feel over and really badly grazed my face, mainly because I went to college and it was quite cold and windy so the wind kept stinging where I'd grazed myself
:iconthe-other-master:
The-other-Master Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
So far, having to get one of my teeth taken out. As the root as curved, it had to snapped in half then half again to get the pieces out.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I fell off my horse once and fractured three of my ribs, nearly stabbing myself through the lungs with my own ribs :dummy: it got to the point where not even the morphine could numb the pain. I'd... Prefer not to do that again.
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The fracturing of my mandible and then the reconstruction with wires. Not a fun time at all.:stare:
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Numbing shots. I got local anesthetic for a foot surgery before, and even through the haze of my valium, those shots hurt like a mofo. It's horribly ironic that something meant to block pain is so painful at first. What was REALLY horrible, though, was when I was still feeling a bit of pain during the surgery, so the doctor gave me another shot... STRAIGHT into the nerve since, you know, my foot was already open and he could see the nerve I was still feeling... I feel a little sick just thinking about how that felt even now, almost four years later. Aughhh.
:iconmechanicold:
Mechanicold Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
:iconohmygodplz: I'm cringing from reading your replies, guys.
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Ok this is going to sound tmi so I will make it not so specific. It was that time of the month, and I had the worst cramps I've ever had. I've had painful cramps before, but this time was no comparison. I consider myself able to deal with pain. So I was in the shower when this happened, it was so painful that I passed out on the bathroom floor. Thank goodness I came to soon.. and had enough energy to put on my clothes and lay on the couch...where I had even more cramps that lasted for an hour. It took a long time for the medicine to kick in. I still remember the pain. :( Later I found out I have a disease called endometriosis. Now I'm on birth control, and life is soooo much better. :3
You poor thing!

My cramps sometimes make me puke, but they're what's normal for me. No issues, they just hurt.
:iconmorbid-angelic:
morbid-angelic Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
:O

Glad I'm not the only one. People think it's ridiculous when you complain about cramps, but I have also passed out from the pain of those before. I was so embarrassed about it I considered just manning (Womanning? :rofl:) up and sitting through class with it, but I called my mom instead and was so glad, because I passed out in the car on the way home. If I hadn't been with her I would've keeled over in the middle of class and would never have lived down the humiliation. :blushes:

I actually had a pelvic ultrasound just a few weeks ago to investigate the pain and the irregularity of it. I'm curious to see if I may have that as well - did you ever get that test done? :D
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
No, the test I got done was a laproscopy (a very mild surgery), where they make a tiny hole and look around inside your abdomen. They found lots of scar tissue they cauterized. Scary stuff! I have a little scar above my belly button and another over to the side. (one for the camera, one for the cauterizer) My insurance covered most of it I think.
Add a Comment: