Plastic surgery

What do you feel about plastic surgery?

Should people stay natural, or is it good to enhance yourself?
Comments54
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I feel like plastic surgery is just another form of body modification. If someone wants to do it, well then let them do it. It's their body after all, everyone wants their own types of confidence booster. I for one haven't had any type of plastic surgery but I am definitely not against it if that's what someone wants to do.
I don't usually like the results, but nobody is forcing me to do it and it's none of my business.
I don't see the point of plastic surgery. No amount of surgery can make someone good looking, only increasingly worse. Reconstructive surgery though is fine by me though.
If it is to fix your appearance if you had an accident then I have no problem with it, but if people use it too look better because they are that self conscious then go for it, as long as it's not my money they use
I think it's okay for medical reasons...but I don't like it when people just randomly decide to change their appearance <:l
There's nothing like a good looking burns victim to set the box office on fire.
I think its ok to get treatments for your SKIN but not implants. (aka acne laser surgery, stuff like that.) And if you are deformed and want it, awesome! But as for people just trying to look 'hotter'. Yuk. They seem to age worse...
I don't agree with cosmetic surgery, but I fully support reconstructive surgery. I plan on getting a correction surgery on my breasts since they are considered deformed (AKA tubular breasts), and I'm sick of them looking they belong to a 12 year old when I'm 23.
Ask all the women who get boob jobs in order to be desirable to men or to enhance their careers or movie roles. Even men get implants these days. Mickey Rourke and Heidi Montag both look awful. Sure made them have a bad day. Still I would love to do my nose.
I WISH I could afford it.
I have mixed feelings on it. I'd be a hypocrite if I said, "No! No! No!" because I've been surgically altered. It wasn't vanity, though, and it wasn't technically "plastic" surgery as usually defined. My birth defect caused my bones to grow like crazy, so my head would have resembled a watermelon by early youth without the pioneering procedure my doctor developed for it. I'm incurable (not fatal, though, either), but the effect was largely suppressed. I look normal to the eye, though I can't wear normal hats.

Okay, so dealing with your likely meaning: my feeling is that it should be legal, at least within reason (no unnecessary amputations, for example...). Should people do it? Well, if they have a condition like mine (or others that mess with appearance), sure! A friend of mine as a deviated septum that visibly alters her face, and is eager to get the surgery, and I support her.

What about people with no defects? No injuries? I recommend against it. Even the best surgeon's work slowly becomes obvious, as the person's face ages. They look inhuman, like a doll. Implants, if they're too large or poorly implanted, look like beach balls stapled to the poor woman's chest. I've seen celebs with modest ones, e.g. Alyssa Milano, and hers are pretty convincing. Something like that is fine for a woman who has self-esteem issues and is convinced this will fix them. She may learn another lesson, there, but that's up to her.
Personally, most people who do facial plastic surgery (PS) tend to look "worse" off. For me, I wouldn't mind having a PS after I give birth to my children, for a tummy tuck/liposuction. :meow: I would go to the gym to lose the pregnancy weight and all but I'd never IMAGINE myself living as a fat person. Helllll no. I'll leave my face alone, though.
Most mothers have those stretch marks and "flabby" stomach thing going. I wouldn't want those, so I'd consider PS if gym doesn't fix those stuff.
Whatever flips their tortilla. :la:
It's up to them.
If someone wants to fix something like a broken nose or a burn, of course there is nothing wrong with it. However, if it's some girl with a perfectly pretty and unique face looking to change her nose and lips so she can look like a "Tv beauty" then I believe they should really reconsider. Although there is nothing wrong with the surgery, it's always a bit dangerous and I find the risk of complications isn't worth the result. In the end, people will do what they want.
Eh it's whatever they want. Not my problem.
Humans enhance everything, it's what we do. We are the only species with the creativity to look at something and know with some work it can be better :#1: So why not. Given the chance I'd get rid of my oversized nose - the only facial feature I'm really not happy with :doh:
Reconstructive surgery, I'm all for it. Cosmetic surgery? Bitch plz.
Plastic surgery has uses, like fixing disfigurations from major accidents. As for purely cosmetic reasons, no thank you
I cut off an action figure's head once. Does that count?