November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

Plastic surgery

:iconlove-3n:
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student General Artist
What do you feel about plastic surgery?

Should people stay natural, or is it good to enhance yourself?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmind-crash:
mind-crash Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I feel like plastic surgery is just another form of body modification. If someone wants to do it, well then let them do it. It's their body after all, everyone wants their own types of confidence booster. I for one haven't had any type of plastic surgery but I am definitely not against it if that's what someone wants to do.
:iconsoluble-hermit:
soluble-hermit Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't usually like the results, but nobody is forcing me to do it and it's none of my business.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I don't see the point of plastic surgery. No amount of surgery can make someone good looking, only increasingly worse. Reconstructive surgery though is fine by me though.
:iconthe-other-master:
The-other-Master Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
If it is to fix your appearance if you had an accident then I have no problem with it, but if people use it too look better because they are that self conscious then go for it, as long as it's not my money they use
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think it's okay for medical reasons...but I don't like it when people just randomly decide to change their appearance <:l
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
There's nothing like a good looking burns victim to set the box office on fire.
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
uh huh.
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I think its ok to get treatments for your SKIN but not implants. (aka acne laser surgery, stuff like that.) And if you are deformed and want it, awesome! But as for people just trying to look 'hotter'. Yuk. They seem to age worse...
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
ikr?
:iconglassescat:
GlassesCat Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't agree with cosmetic surgery, but I fully support reconstructive surgery. I plan on getting a correction surgery on my breasts since they are considered deformed (AKA tubular breasts), and I'm sick of them looking they belong to a 12 year old when I'm 23.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Ask all the women who get boob jobs in order to be desirable to men or to enhance their careers or movie roles. Even men get implants these days. Mickey Rourke and Heidi Montag both look awful. Sure made them have a bad day. Still I would love to do my nose.
:iconterminallybored:
terminallybored Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I WISH I could afford it.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I have mixed feelings on it. I'd be a hypocrite if I said, "No! No! No!" because I've been surgically altered. It wasn't vanity, though, and it wasn't technically "plastic" surgery as usually defined. My birth defect caused my bones to grow like crazy, so my head would have resembled a watermelon by early youth without the pioneering procedure my doctor developed for it. I'm incurable (not fatal, though, either), but the effect was largely suppressed. I look normal to the eye, though I can't wear normal hats.

Okay, so dealing with your likely meaning: my feeling is that it should be legal, at least within reason (no unnecessary amputations, for example...). Should people do it? Well, if they have a condition like mine (or others that mess with appearance), sure! A friend of mine as a deviated septum that visibly alters her face, and is eager to get the surgery, and I support her.

What about people with no defects? No injuries? I recommend against it. Even the best surgeon's work slowly becomes obvious, as the person's face ages. They look inhuman, like a doll. Implants, if they're too large or poorly implanted, look like beach balls stapled to the poor woman's chest. I've seen celebs with modest ones, e.g. Alyssa Milano, and hers are pretty convincing. Something like that is fine for a woman who has self-esteem issues and is convinced this will fix them. She may learn another lesson, there, but that's up to her.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Personally, most people who do facial plastic surgery (PS) tend to look "worse" off. For me, I wouldn't mind having a PS after I give birth to my children, for a tummy tuck/liposuction. :meow: I would go to the gym to lose the pregnancy weight and all but I'd never IMAGINE myself living as a fat person. Helllll no. I'll leave my face alone, though.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Most mothers have those stretch marks and "flabby" stomach thing going. I wouldn't want those, so I'd consider PS if gym doesn't fix those stuff.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Whatever flips their tortilla. :la:
:iconpyrosikth:
PyroSikTh Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's up to them.
:iconscarecrowlover:
Scarecrowlover Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
If someone wants to fix something like a broken nose or a burn, of course there is nothing wrong with it. However, if it's some girl with a perfectly pretty and unique face looking to change her nose and lips so she can look like a "Tv beauty" then I believe they should really reconsider. Although there is nothing wrong with the surgery, it's always a bit dangerous and I find the risk of complications isn't worth the result. In the end, people will do what they want.
:iconhellokittynya:
HelloKittyNya Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Eh it's whatever they want. Not my problem.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Humans enhance everything, it's what we do. We are the only species with the creativity to look at something and know with some work it can be better :#1: So why not. Given the chance I'd get rid of my oversized nose - the only facial feature I'm really not happy with :doh:
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
What `disintegration said.
:icondisintegration:
disintegration Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Reconstructive surgery, I'm all for it. Cosmetic surgery? Bitch plz.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Plastic surgery has uses, like fixing disfigurations from major accidents. As for purely cosmetic reasons, no thank you
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012   Digital Artist
I cut off an action figure's head once. Does that count?
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I used to set 'em on fire to watch them melt.
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012   Digital Artist
Plastic Surgery!!! :iconallofthethingsplz:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Melt action men - Stick 'em to your face.
no?
And a stapled it back on. What about now?
yes...
Im A SURGEON! :iconallofthethingsplz:
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconbravoplz:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012   Digital Artist
:iconimhappyplz:
:iconckdreamer:
CKDreamer Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
if pplz can afford it then whatever go for it

if you cant afford it, leave to love yourself and get over it. lol

even if i could afford it meh not gonna bother, nothing wrong with not being a barbie.
:iconkaty-l-wood:
Katy-L-Wood Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student General Artist
There's a point where I start to wonder if those people will ever actually decay, but hey, if they're happy who cares?
:iconforeverfreefalling:
foreverfreefalling Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
My opinion is that old fashioned cheesy 'I just want people to be confident about they way they are and embrace themselves with love etc.' Which I guess is kinda hypocritical of me since Im not exactly comfortable with the way I look, but I dont think I'd ever really change myself like that. I wouldn't make judgements/assumptions about people who have done it though. If their happy etc right? I just wish people didnt have to do that to be happy. :\
:iconspookyink:
SpookyInk Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
People should do whatever they want to make themselves happy.

No one should shove their opinion about what others do to themselves. :no:

I'm considering plastic surgery. :shrug:
:iconlesser-pandas:
lesser-pandas Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I think people choose to attack the wrong things about it. And people can be a little hypocritical when they jump to criticize it, though they're usually well-meaning.
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Eh, I don't care. If they want to do it then nothing is stopping them.
:iconiriastar:
Iriastar Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I prefer people who stay natural and enhance themselves naturally. But if they want to shove a kg of silicone into their bodies, I'm not gonna stop them. :lol:
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
A waste of money/time.
If it's JUST to enhance your appearance.

But if it's to fix a burnt/scared part then it's okay :)
*agreed
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
:highfive:
I'm glad you do
:icontamz1988:
tamz1988 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
if they wanna change themself,go ahead..doesn't affect me in the slightest about what they do so why should i care?
i mean jeez I'd like a nose job, maybe some abdominal freezing to later help get rid of baby pooch.

A lot of people do it to make THEMSELVES feel better about an insecurity, why deny them doing something that they wanna do to make them self happy.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Don't really care either way.
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I don't feel it... maybe because I haven't had it.
:iconlegendarysuperman:
LegendarySuperman Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't see the big deal, if they wanna waste their money then woohoo for them :B
yep.
:iconjade-abarai-kat:
Jade-Abarai-Kat Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
why the need to enhance ones's self either way they are still ulgy
:iconhazeldazel:
hazeldazel Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I personally wouldn't want to if I didn't need it, but other people can do whatever they want. I'm not "other people"'s boss.
Add a Comment: