Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 58

Getting older.

:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
In this thread we discuss getting older. For example, all of my friends are getting married and having kids. This makes me feel old. It seems like just yesterday we were all in highschool having a good time, and now I'm already through a year of college and starting a job.

Also, I finally had to turn on DPI scaling on my laptop because my eyesight is getting worse. I'M GETTING OLD! *dies*

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconurus-28:
Urus-28 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The only thing that remind me my age is the time for recover after a party and things like that :p My body is no more twenty I can feel it, but for the mind I think I'm still young =D
:iconbrianmollinson:
BrianMollinson Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Being old is good. It's better than being dead.
:iconimcnaughton:
imcnaughton Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
I feel like an old man at 23, I wonder how I'll feel at 40...I really don't understand why people say, 'Life is too short', it feels long to me! Not that I'm complaining, I just don't see where they're coming from...
:iconscartalfheim:
scartalfheim Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
The majority of my friends have kids, some are even on their 2nd/3rd, others are married or in relationships. Some are at university, some have got proper jobs, cars, flats.

I'm 19, My eye sight is shocking (genetically bad has been declining since I was about 9 and has only really just stabled itself) I have mild tinnitus (I worked in nightclubs since I was 18, and I love loud music and jammin with others, again loudly) I dont have a proper job (I tend to work abroad) I dont have a car, I dont have kids and havent had a stable relationship since I was 14 and even then it was abusive so that was all wrong to.

Feeling like a spinster and I'm closing into 20 D=
:icontamz1988:
tamz1988 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'll be 24 next thursday on thanksgiving and i keep ancient *insert " UGH, I'M OLD...I'M LIKE THE CRYPT KEEPER!" *

5 years now almost 6years i was sitting in my high school classes as a 12th grader..It literally feels like it was yesterday.Now almost everyone i was friends with is married, has 1-3 kids, my son is due in a matter of months..but i still feel like i'm suppose to wake up early and go sit in class at 8:30am...it's just wrong..Alzheimer early maybe
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012   Digital Artist
Your eyesight is getting worse because of the laptop, not because of your age. :B
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
All my friends are getting married too. I could have been married myself, but well, as weird I am, I scare the shit of the men I like. I see myself married, but later than usual

I look several years younger than I really am, but I can not fool my own body. I used to be able to walk using my hands and play all kind of different sports, now I have enough with two days or three at most to the gymn.

I used to be a boxer, a killing machine in training. I am paying now for that. The old injuries always came back, and I have a few

I am still stronger than the average woman my age and younger, but last summer I got involved in a football match with some teenagers from the church I used to go, and shit, my body was sore for a whole week
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012   Digital Artist
Hey, at least you are getting old. A lot of kids, who are in hospital right now, will never grow up. Think of it that way.

Myself, I still sit in the middle of my floor and play with Lego. Hell, I played with Lego at college recently. Best fun ever. Don't care about ageing. =]
:iconbrownez-koekoez:
Brownez-Koekoez Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same...~♫
Keane
:iconshininginthedarkness:
Common age-related vision problems involve the muscles around the eyes (not the eyes themselves) and usually doesn't kick in until age 40 or later.
You just have bad eyes. If you're getting headaches too you probably need to do something about that.

Squinting gives you eye wrinkles. THEN you'll feel old!
Add a Comment: