Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 327

What does your parents think of your hobbie?

:iconjulia-kisteneva:
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Tell me what does your parents think about your drawings, photos or other your hobbies. :- )

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontranse:
transe Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012   General Artist
They don't know. If they did they'd say that it's a waste of time, blah blah, and to be serious about my future :bored:
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm, you have a very beautiful things in your gallery, I don't think they can call it a waste of time :shrug:
:- )
:icontranse:
transe Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012   General Artist
well, if it doesn't help me survive then it must be useless :)
:icontheartlone:
TheArtLone Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student General Artist
My parents were very proud, because my grandma used to send my art to TV shows for kids about the age of 3. She told me I used to win many prizes. Grandma keeps all what I have given her, and my mom shares FB albums of my art with her colleagues. They aren't worried about my career choice, since they think I'm eligible for a job in the film industry. They are proud of how I do in school and hope to gather for a scholarship for one of the best film academies, but they trust I could even get it on my own by enterring all those art contests we have here and winning them. They know that I haven't found a match in art in my country and they believe, if I gather enough time, nobody in the world could go against me. I think I am improving in everything thanks to their attitude towards me. They had feared for one period for my success, but I made a back-up plan for my education.
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow, you're one of the few whose parents give such a support of their child's hobby! It's a really good luck! :)
:icontheartlone:
TheArtLone Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student General Artist
I feel blessed too! But I am so stubborn that even if they didn't support me, I'd do what I like.
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My parents hated it. I have been arting since I was like, 4 years old. My mother used to do creative projects with me as a kid like make a fishtank with paper fish but once I got to about 10 she started harping at me that I should grow out of "kindergarten" drawings and stop showing them to her for criticism. When I turned 14 it got worse, they'd confiscate all my art supplies and force me to spend most of my free drawing time with the family because art isn't a legitimate career. I ended up getting kicked out and here I am now in my own private rental still making art, shitting all over their views.
Yeah, unfortunately such an attitude is not uncommon, as I know from other answers.
But your drawings are so nice and I'm sure that many people like them! :- )
:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist
They were very supportive :) especially my mom. <3
And that is wonderfull! :)
Btw, I should say that your drawings are really great!
:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist
Thank you!
:icontemariataje:
TemariAtaje Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
My mom likes quite a few of my photos and she even bought me a new expensive camera
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow! Cool..And what type of camera do you have? (If it's not a secret :3)
I'd like to buy my first camera but can't choose which one ._.
:icontemariataje:
TemariAtaje Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Its a Nikon P510
Thanks~ :- )
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
My parents don't understand nor appreciate video games, but at least they don't think they're used to worship Satan.

God, I'm glad I don't have that type of family.
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And that's good! haha~
:iconthatxawesomexperson:
ThatxAwesomexPerson Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Artist
Both my parents are very supportive of my hoppies. They feel that I should do something that I enjoy for the rest of my life then anything else :D My dad even trys watching anime with me, he's so picky with what he likes though :P My mom loves watching me draw and loves it when I give her some jewelery I have made :)
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow, you have a really big support!
And what anime have you watched with your dad? :)
:iconthatxawesomexperson:
ThatxAwesomexPerson Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Artist
The Macross series, older Gundam series, and he enjoyed .Hack :D He likes the older animes the most :)
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I don't have much hobbies... but my mother loves that I work with jewelries since she has had that hobby too.
Though my parents weren't as thrilled when I started to show interests in larping... ^^;
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow, you have such an interesting hobby! you're the first person here who work with jewelries :- )
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I do? haha... I hadn't realized that. It's just fun to do. The jewelries is extra fun because I've actually made some money out of it, and even if it's just a hobby, one can never complain if people like it enough to pay for it.
:icongoodnight-melbourne:
Goodnight-Melbourne Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   Traditional Artist
I've many hobbies like photography, painting, making things, writing, learning languages - but my parents know that I only paint. And my dad thinks I've no extracurricular activity :P But I don't mind much... If someday my hobby takes me to some platform, they all will get to know and will be amazed probably. If.
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
wow! You really have a lot of hobbies :- )
And what languages do you learn?
Btw, I like your photography and art.
Goodnight-Melbourne Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   Traditional Artist
Glad to know you liked those :)
And i'd like to know so many languages. For the present time, I know English, Bengali, French and Hindi. Last time when I was learning French, the institute sacked me after 8 months because my fees was not clear >.<
I want to learn more languages. There are 6 more in my to-learn list :D \m/
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh my. So many languages..I'm fan of you! haha~ I'm just learning english now -__-
Goodnight-Melbourne Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   Traditional Artist
haha thanks :lol: English is rather easy of them all, you will learn it fast :)
:iconslippymagnus:
SlippyMagnus Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My dad is intrigued by my imagination/Metacognition, but my Mom doesn't mind so much.
That's good that your dad has such an interest! Support is what we always really need. :- )
:iconslippymagnus:
SlippyMagnus Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm glad someone understands.
:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I honestly don't know, I've always been encouraged to draw and my parents have brought me art supplies and stuff but I get very little feedback when I actually show them anything I get 'oh that's nice' and that's it.
Oh, my mom do the same..but it's a big support anyway.
:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah it is, but sometimes it's like my parents don't even look at what I show them. XD
:iconstephaniethecookie:
StephanieTheCookie Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student General Artist
My dad feels a little awkward when he sees my art but he's very supportive and understands that it's my passion. My mother on the other hand loves to see me work and doesn't feel the slightest bit of awkwardness, she's very proud and is also happy that my art kept me out of trouble through highschool. :P

Overall I'm happy and lucky to have both of my parents support me no matter how weird my drawings get. :)
It's really cool, you should be proud of such a support! :- )
And I like your drawing style.
:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My biological father thought I was insane and was embarassed whenever I proudly showed him my work. Mom considers it to be a waste of time if it doesn't give me money. Dad doesn't care if I draw, as long as it makes me happy. :D
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The main thing is that your hobby makes you happy! :D
Oh, I think my biological father doesn't even remember me~ But my mom really supports me.. and I enjoy what I do :- )
:iconcat444:
Cat444 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
As long as I don't draw any creepy monsters and read the books I buy they don't care
Haha~ And you like to draw creepy monsters? :) I've never drawn them because I can't :-\
:iconcat444:
Cat444 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've had the urge to try and draw some but not sure which ones could be safe
:iconamerillo342:
amerillo342 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Heh mine usually support my art even if they don't understand any of it XD Though sometimes it becomes a struggle.. Do I want to paint something to show off to my parents and make them happy or just draw epic crap and make me happy? :3 (Usually its the latter lol)
Haha~ that's a problem! But I often choose the latter too~ :3
And your drawings are great! Especially your birds! :love:
:iconbazzyli:
Bazzyli Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Well, they're paying $40,000 a year for me to go to art school and be a teacher (both of which are unstable jobs) so i assume that they support me pretty fully.
yeah, I think so :D
:iconmind-crash:
mind-crash Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
it definitely not something that they supported right away. My dad still doesn't quite understand it. But sometimes after parents see the amount of years you've put into your work, plus the amount of improvement. They definitely tend to warm up.
Yeah, sometimes it's necessary to show them that it's really make you happy.. and then they start to support you.
:iconsoluble-hermit:
soluble-hermit Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
"Yeah that's great, as always." Sort of bored by it, it seems. Actually, art is less my hobby and more of the main thing I do, and then the hobbies are the knitting, sewing, etc.
My mom always says the same~ May be they just don't wanna interfere in our hobbies? :shrug:
:iconsoluble-hermit:
soluble-hermit Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why would she interfere? What does it matter?
Add a Comment: