Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 327

What does your parents think of your hobbie?

:iconjulia-kisteneva:
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Tell me what does your parents think about your drawings, photos or other your hobbies. :- )

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontranse:
transe Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012   General Artist
They don't know. If they did they'd say that it's a waste of time, blah blah, and to be serious about my future :bored:
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm, you have a very beautiful things in your gallery, I don't think they can call it a waste of time :shrug:
:- )
:icontranse:
transe Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012   General Artist
well, if it doesn't help me survive then it must be useless :)
:icondeep-larks:
Deep-Larks Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My parents were very proud, because my grandma used to send my art to TV shows for kids about the age of 3. She told me I used to win many prizes. Grandma keeps all what I have given her, and my mom shares FB albums of my art with her colleagues. They aren't worried about my career choice, since they think I'm eligible for a job in the film industry. They are proud of how I do in school and hope to gather for a scholarship for one of the best film academies, but they trust I could even get it on my own by enterring all those art contests we have here and winning them. They know that I haven't found a match in art in my country and they believe, if I gather enough time, nobody in the world could go against me. I think I am improving in everything thanks to their attitude towards me. They had feared for one period for my success, but I made a back-up plan for my education.
Julia-Kisteneva Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow, you're one of the few whose parents give such a support of their child's hobby! It's a really good luck! :)
:icondeep-larks:
Deep-Larks Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I feel blessed too! But I am so stubborn that even if they didn't support me, I'd do what I like.
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My parents hated it. I have been arting since I was like, 4 years old. My mother used to do creative projects with me as a kid like make a fishtank with paper fish but once I got to about 10 she started harping at me that I should grow out of "kindergarten" drawings and stop showing them to her for criticism. When I turned 14 it got worse, they'd confiscate all my art supplies and force me to spend most of my free drawing time with the family because art isn't a legitimate career. I ended up getting kicked out and here I am now in my own private rental still making art, shitting all over their views.
Yeah, unfortunately such an attitude is not uncommon, as I know from other answers.
But your drawings are so nice and I'm sure that many people like them! :- )
:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist
They were very supportive :) especially my mom. <3
And that is wonderfull! :)
Btw, I should say that your drawings are really great!
Add a Comment: