Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 41

Reporting Deviations?

:iconmorbid-angelic:
morbid-angelic Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Do you guys ever report deviations? I see stuff in the wrong categories all the time, and it drives me crazy, but I worry about annoying the help desk with a bunch of different 'Misplaced Deviation' submissions. I also come across other violations like no permission and explicit sexual stuff, but I've never reported anything.

What do you guys do when you come across incorrectly placed or inappropriate deviations? Ignore it? Post a nasty comment? Report it?

I'm curious as to how volunteers and staff feel about misplaced deviations being reported. Do you appreciate the help in cleaning up, does it annoy you when people nitpick about something not being in the right category? Somewhere in the middle? Just curious to hear different people's opinions on the matter. :shrug:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I haven't in ages. At this point in time I think "what's the point? by the time this gets dealt with, another thousand rule-breakers will be uploaded" :movingon: All I would be doing is trying to scoop out a raging flood torrent with a bucket :p
:iconplasticusforkus:
PlasticusForkus Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I report stuff if I see it. And action has always (eventually) been taken.

I would recommend that you do report when necessary.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I report them when I come across them. That's the least I could do.
morbid-angelic Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Sweet! :dummy:
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
It's a losing battle with miscats. If the piece needs to be deleted, then I'll report it. :nod:
Hmm. Your comment got me thinking. There really should be some sort of better system implemented for helping people put stuff in the right categories. But who am I to think of a brilliant new idea when admin hasn't yet? :hmm:
I shall contemplate this nonetheless.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
There have been talks of a new system for miscats, but.. yeah, it's just talks. :shrug:

Suggestions make a difference. :nod:
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Yup, this is DA, I shall not let it be polluted!
:dummy:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012   Digital Artist
Usually I report copyright infringements and stolen or traced work. I don't believe in censorship, so I don't report things for not having a mature content tag. And rarely, but occasionally I report a misplaced deviation, but that really has to be a case where I feel like the user completely and utterly misplaced it.

In any case, I simply report, and move on, commenting or drawing attention to it only creates more problems and can slow down the process of removing or fixing the problem.
Add a Comment: