:iconjuneias:
Juneias Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Heyhey
Im curious on ppls views on this topic
Some people only do it
Some find it wrong
Some cultures deem it as a dishonor to the family
Many just don't
So would you ever consider another race for a potential mate? Or have you developed tunnel version?
Maybe a bad experience?

I've taking a new interest in it mainly in my art. The the contrast in the skin color and facial structure for my paintings/drawings produces a captivating and daring tone in my opinion.
I'm a young african american female and prefer interracial dating. My race's males typically over look me b/c of the way i act anyway, usually are my total opposites, and well i'm just not attracted to them anymore. Nothing wrong with that. Love who eva ya know?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Juneias Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Sorry if i dont reply to everyone, carpal and cubital tunnel is a (insert derogatory term here)
:iconicedtea0rox:
icedtea0rox Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student
I honestly don't care about what others do in their life as long as it doesn't affect me. Personally, i don't mind getting into an interracial relationship but one thing for sure, my family will make fun of me for it.
My dad makes fun of my big sis all the tiiime
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm all for it, but my parents would likely disown me if I dated outside my race. I hate living in archaic environments.

My parents sneer and whisper every time they see interracial couples, saying that it's not natural. Que irony: she's married to a woman. Fuck logic, they say. It'll make life easier to live, they say.
:iconfolji:
Folji Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
People have gotten around so much over the centuries that interracial dating is virtually impossible to avoid. Some of it just shows way better than the rest!
:iconsartanis:
Sartanis Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It matters not to me. I will date who I fall in love with.
:iconisaacgrace:
IsaacGrace Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
It should not matter. All people are beautiful in one way or another.
But are all sexually attractive?
:iconisaacgrace:
IsaacGrace Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Depends on the point of view. Personally speaking, race doesn't play a part in that.
Guess not
:iconphoenixm4:
phoenixm4 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Well I've dated inter-racially twice before so obviously I don't have any issues with it. I do have some friends who are Chinese whose parents will only allow them to date another Chinese person. They're just really old-fashioned.
Find that a lot of old asians do not approve those relayionships
:iconski-0:
Ski-0 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I think there's nothing wrong with interracial dating at all ... I'm kind of the product of interracial marriages around my great-grandparents, and I myself am in an interracial relationship. People should be free to date whoever they want. My family is pretty cool with me dating my boyfriend (I'm Malay, he's Chinese), and the race is not so much a problem. Religion is a wholly different issue though.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's still a thing? However, I know this is going to end up a huge issue if aliens ever come to visit us >.>
Im on team alien haha
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Same ;P
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
In the dark , all women the same :iconilickitplz:
Yay?!
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
you ask :confused:
Juneias Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
No i was questioning my reply lol
:icondlaesp:
dlaESP Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Love should have no restrictions such as that, but people do have their preferences.
What I mean is that I believe it's wrong to condemn loving another race, but it's okay to prefer your own race or another race, because you have that right, and it's your love interest and nobody else's.
I fell in love with somebody my own race, but distinctly for his personality. <3
Exactly
:icondlaesp:
dlaESP Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Glad you think so, too. c:
:iconriseofgreenbean:
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Love knows no political or racial barriers.

I mean, some people choose to date someone of their own race b/c they understand each other more and have better compatibility, but race should not hinder a person from finding love.
:iconredlipstick444:
redlipstick444 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Writer
Doesn't matter to me. It's all good.

I'm African American ( i just go by that but I'm mixed up with a lot of other things including white too) and I believe that it's completely fine. I don't really look that African American since I'm mixed, and a lot of people mistake me for Mexican (not to be racist or anything). Plus, some males (sometimes depending on race) either lose or gain interest when they find out my true identity. So I overall have no problem with interracial dating. No problem at all.
:icontamz1988:
tamz1988 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I approve. In this day and age i don't see how it could be seen as wrong..As someone who is pregnant from an interracial relationship (hes chinese) it's pretty obvious how i feel about it. you love who you love, or are attracted to who you are attracted to honestly. it sounds weird to think but i dated white guys my entire life until i was 19-20ish started college and then i started dating a japanese guy then we broke up and when i was 21 i was dating a chinese guy, until this may when we broke up, But i found them to be the more attractive of any guys i dated.
love is blind to color.
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I don't give a crap because it doesn't fricking matter :dummy:

as for me personally, I'd just go with whatever person I find attractive. people tend to be more attracted to people with similar features as themselve. but for me the issue isn't about race, it's about "type"

do I make sense :noes:
Yes.
At least u gave some sort of crap to reply lol
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
yes, yes I did :U
:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There is nothing wrong with interracial dating. Some people do not like it, but is only their opinion.

The fact you are not attracted to a race different than yours does not make you a racist. Also, I heard that the tendency is to date your race, or at least close to it, just because you see yourself reflected in that person. It can be true or not

I only have problem with cultural differences and religion when dating, not color. I have never dated anybody different that caucasian males, but it does not mean I would never date a black or asian man, for example. Is that it has never happened and I am not attracted to them, or at least at the moment.

I live in the south, some folks do not like mixed couples, things go different here than in the north. The race "segregation" is there, nobody says nothing but you notice
:iconclchriskl:
Clchriskl Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Okay I believe in interracial dating. I don't see color, I see love.
Juneias Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Some arent as open hearted as u!
:iconclchriskl:
Clchriskl Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
:) I'm in a interracial relationship right now. He's Black-American and I'm Hmong-Asian-American. The world is beautiful! I have beautiful nephews and neices whether they're mixed or not mixed they're beautiful anyways.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't care what other people do but I'm not the type that would want to date an asian or black man. Doesn't mean I'm racist, I'm just not attracted to black men or asian men :shrug:
Nuffin wrong with that!
:icontianithen:
Tianithen Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
People should be able to date whoever they damn well like, as long as the person they want to date feels the same way.
Yup!
:icontuftedpuffin:
tuftedpuffin Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I'm a hypocrite because certain races I think are super hot and I am quite often attracted to them, while certain others I would NEVER be caught dead with. Additionally if certain mixes of race are involved with each other I don't think twice about it, but other mixtures and I go "No no no no no, yuck, that's wrong".

Kind of like the hypocracy involved homophobic men thinking lesbians are hot, I guess. My friend is like that and fully admits it. I know my thoughts are bad, and he knows his are.
Aww.
:iconyokolennono:
YokoLennono Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I think it is very normal.
:iconpyrosikth:
PyroSikTh Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't care if people do it or not. More power to them.

Would I personally? Well not anymore, but beforehand it would be rare for me to find a black woman attractive. Not because she's black but because the African facial structure doesn't particularly appeal to me. If they were white, I still wouldn't find them attractive.
Sure? Everyone is beautiful but not everyone is sexually attractive!
:iconpyrosikth:
PyroSikTh Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Exactly.
:iconrellik1138:
rellik1138 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It all depends on how she feels about anal sex.
:iconkhkeyblademaster2:
khkeyblademaster2 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
:iconlawlzplz:hahaha I know this is a serious topic but that made my day!
I was being serious..:paranoid:
well from the readers point of view it doesn't seem that way soooooo........yeaaaaaaaaah:shrug:
That's kinda the way it was supposed to work Sooooo ... gotcha...
clever.....:iconbravoplz:......quite clever
:icondragonnod1:
Add a Comment: