Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 225

"Don't ever"s

:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There's always a couple of mistakes people can make while being in your presence.

Givens are offending your beliefs, being an asshole, obvious stuff like that.

But what's not-so-obvious? What is a pet peeve of yours that relatives and friends may do when you're together?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconahkward:
Ahkward Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Rofl, might as well through in my 2 cents,

-Lie to me... seems common one here
-Talk about me behind y back.... If you have a problem with me, talk to me, let's hope we can work it out.
-Touch me... my mom was, um, not kind to me, and being touched, unless I really know someone is a huge stressor for me
-Call me fat. I have Grave's Disease a non-curable, barely manageable thyroid problem. It is brought on by genetics, not lifestyle or habits. I am a very active person. I am not lazy, but I am fighting my body every day. and changing my eating habits and exercising myself to death will not improve anything.
-Insult soldiers, they have no right anymore to choose where they live. They are giving up those rights to serve this country and protect you. I have many family members that serve and have served.
-Insult Thor, he is awesome. :iconhappythor:
-Bother me when I am drawing with my headphones on. This means I am really trying to focus, unless it is important, but not to ask me what color shirt you look best in... (at you roommate!)

I'm sure there are more... but I can't think of any.
:iconspiritofthewild:
SpiritOfTheWild Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I am a country girl, and my pet peeve is when people use the word 'cowgirl' or 'cowboy' in relation to me (eg. She's a cowgirl, where are your cowboy boots/hat? Etc)
Just NO! I am not a cowgirl!, my occupation is 'ringer' or 'stockman', whatever. These are my riding or work boots (depending on what I'm wearing). This is my akubra, or just hat works too!. A cowgirl is someone who goes to rodeos and dresses up with flashy shirts, belts and jeans, wears a bright pink straw hat and and barrel races on their prancing, arrogant pony who runs around like an absolute idiot.
Lol
I also can't stand people who insist on standing right near me
:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
-Don't blame me for your bad driving.
-Don't rev your motorcycle engine to impress the kids across the street when I'm standing right next to you.
-Don't break the law. I came out into the apartment's common area once to find some people watching a DVD of The Dark Knight Rises. This was two days after it opened in theaters. It wouldn't have been hard to see it legally; the theater is pretty much right across the street. Also, I frequently find signs of shoplifting at the store I work at. Worse, they're always in the security cameras' blind spots.
-Don't be a dick or a hardcore troll. That includes posting nude pics of 500+ lb. people.
-Don't sing "If I Die Young", especially if you sing it off-key. Past experience shows that you will piss me off so quickly and so intensely that I will punch you in the face purely out of reflex. I won't even know what's happening until it's too late.
-Do not mention or make references to Regular Show or Spongebob.
-No smoking.
-If you are American and were raised American, do not use British-style spelling. It's not cute or fancy, and has no effect on how formal or professional your writing is. Americans should write like Americans.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I cringed on that last one. I was raised American, but throughout my childhood I was encouraged to use British and American spellings, and so my writing is a tad inconsistent. It's part of who I am.

It's probably for the better, because now I can laugh at the idiots who argue which spelling is right, and say to myself: "They're both right, you dickhead."
:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I know they're both right, which is what makes it so difficult. I was raised completely on the American system. I'm rather obsessive-compulsive about grammar and spelling correctness, so my instincts are set off by British spelling, even though I know it's correct.

Another thing I should mention I don't like involves what you just said. I feel it's gramatically incorrect to alternate between the two. Even if you don't use the spelling style of your homeland, you should still use either one or the other, at least within a single piece of work.

I miss American English. I almost never see it on the Internet anymore. It's considered to be completely incorrect on Wikipedia, for example. This has even started to seep into my everyday life, such as on signs and restaurant menus.
:iconangelsinspiration:
AngelsInspiration Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012   General Artist
No chewing.
No touching me.

Other than that I`m pretty tolerant :D
:iconkalistina:
kalistina Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Be outright insulting to my friends.

I'm pretty good at tanking insults, so they don't usually hurt me. Attack a friend of mine and you'll have to deal with me.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Good for standing up! People need friends like you around.
:iconkalistina:
kalistina Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I like helping people yup /o/
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't ever challenge me to a drinking game. I'll win, and you'll just look weak.
Add a Comment: