Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 225

"Don't ever"s

:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There's always a couple of mistakes people can make while being in your presence.

Givens are offending your beliefs, being an asshole, obvious stuff like that.

But what's not-so-obvious? What is a pet peeve of yours that relatives and friends may do when you're together?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconahkward:
Ahkward Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Rofl, might as well through in my 2 cents,

-Lie to me... seems common one here
-Talk about me behind y back.... If you have a problem with me, talk to me, let's hope we can work it out.
-Touch me... my mom was, um, not kind to me, and being touched, unless I really know someone is a huge stressor for me
-Call me fat. I have Grave's Disease a non-curable, barely manageable thyroid problem. It is brought on by genetics, not lifestyle or habits. I am a very active person. I am not lazy, but I am fighting my body every day. and changing my eating habits and exercising myself to death will not improve anything.
-Insult soldiers, they have no right anymore to choose where they live. They are giving up those rights to serve this country and protect you. I have many family members that serve and have served.
-Insult Thor, he is awesome. :iconhappythor:
-Bother me when I am drawing with my headphones on. This means I am really trying to focus, unless it is important, but not to ask me what color shirt you look best in... (at you roommate!)

I'm sure there are more... but I can't think of any.
:iconspiritofthewild:
SpiritOfTheWild Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I am a country girl, and my pet peeve is when people use the word 'cowgirl' or 'cowboy' in relation to me (eg. She's a cowgirl, where are your cowboy boots/hat? Etc)
Just NO! I am not a cowgirl!, my occupation is 'ringer' or 'stockman', whatever. These are my riding or work boots (depending on what I'm wearing). This is my akubra, or just hat works too!. A cowgirl is someone who goes to rodeos and dresses up with flashy shirts, belts and jeans, wears a bright pink straw hat and and barrel races on their prancing, arrogant pony who runs around like an absolute idiot.
Lol
I also can't stand people who insist on standing right near me
:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
-Don't blame me for your bad driving.
-Don't rev your motorcycle engine to impress the kids across the street when I'm standing right next to you.
-Don't break the law. I came out into the apartment's common area once to find some people watching a DVD of The Dark Knight Rises. This was two days after it opened in theaters. It wouldn't have been hard to see it legally; the theater is pretty much right across the street. Also, I frequently find signs of shoplifting at the store I work at. Worse, they're always in the security cameras' blind spots.
-Don't be a dick or a hardcore troll. That includes posting nude pics of 500+ lb. people.
-Don't sing "If I Die Young", especially if you sing it off-key. Past experience shows that you will piss me off so quickly and so intensely that I will punch you in the face purely out of reflex. I won't even know what's happening until it's too late.
-Do not mention or make references to Regular Show or Spongebob.
-No smoking.
-If you are American and were raised American, do not use British-style spelling. It's not cute or fancy, and has no effect on how formal or professional your writing is. Americans should write like Americans.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I cringed on that last one. I was raised American, but throughout my childhood I was encouraged to use British and American spellings, and so my writing is a tad inconsistent. It's part of who I am.

It's probably for the better, because now I can laugh at the idiots who argue which spelling is right, and say to myself: "They're both right, you dickhead."
I know they're both right, which is what makes it so difficult. I was raised completely on the American system. I'm rather obsessive-compulsive about grammar and spelling correctness, so my instincts are set off by British spelling, even though I know it's correct.

Another thing I should mention I don't like involves what you just said. I feel it's gramatically incorrect to alternate between the two. Even if you don't use the spelling style of your homeland, you should still use either one or the other, at least within a single piece of work.

I miss American English. I almost never see it on the Internet anymore. It's considered to be completely incorrect on Wikipedia, for example. This has even started to seep into my everyday life, such as on signs and restaurant menus.
:iconangelsinspiration:
AngelsInspiration Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012   General Artist
No chewing.
No touching me.

Other than that I`m pretty tolerant :D
:iconkalistina:
kalistina Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Be outright insulting to my friends.

I'm pretty good at tanking insults, so they don't usually hurt me. Attack a friend of mine and you'll have to deal with me.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Good for standing up! People need friends like you around.
:iconkalistina:
kalistina Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I like helping people yup /o/
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't ever challenge me to a drinking game. I'll win, and you'll just look weak.
:iconpinkishhair97:
pinkishhair97 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
There's one guy I know who (He likes me, and he's told me that...) but he bosses other people around really mean. I always tell him that he isn't being nice but he doesn't listen. And poor guy, I have a boyfriend and it's not him... Maybe he just can't face reality. :|
:iconyangyexin:
Yangyexin Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012   Digital Artist
People tell me to do stuff. I have this incredible stubborn streak, so whenever someone orders, not asks me to do something I just............Get pissed.
:iconjuneias:
Juneias Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't ever say your going to do something and flat out don't do it.
Don't ever make a promise you cant keep
:icondevere:
deVere Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
#1. Don't ever pick your nose in my presence: No-go
#2. Don't ever try to humiliate me in public (unprovoked): Major no-go
#3. Don't interrupt me (or anyone else): Minor no-go
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Aside from the generic "Please don't complain because I'm gay", I have a few others;

:bulletred: Touching my hair. I hate it when people touch my hair :stare:
:bulletred: Lighting cigarettes within 100m of me. Seriously, I still get cravings after three years and I'd rather not take up the habit again :grump:
:bulletred: Making crass comments about my accent or trying to mimic how I talk (why do people think that's funny?!?)
:bulletred: Call me a retard

That's...about it. Although it's usually quite difficult to annoy me
:iconkiryuin-satsuki:
Kiryuin-Satsuki Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Don't say YOLO in front of me otherwise I loose all respect for you. However say Non amplius quam semel vývis and i'll be impressed.

Don't use the phrase "I could care less" its meaningless. It's "I couldn't care less"...

Don't tell me that I don't have any morals because I don't share your faith. Otherwise be prepared for a huge list of ways in which your religion is fucked up.
:iconmagnemite10:
magnemite10 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I'm kinda hard to piss off, I just don't like:
Liars
getting interrupted
people chewing with their mouth open if they're at the same table as me
people talking about gross stuff while I'm eating

There's actually much more, but I'm feeling to lazy to remember/list them all
:iconsimple-minds:
simple-minds Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist
Pertaining to family. Don't try to use me. It rarely works.

Don't snap your gum or have your ipod on at 140 decibels. You get death stares or a request to turn it down from me.

Don't wear perfume or lotion in my class, and take care not to smoke immediately before class. I can smell it in an instant, I get a headache and breathing problems, and into a bad mood. All the doors and windows will be open, I don't care how cold it is. I don't want to smell your crap.

On the plane; don't let your kid hit or kick my seat. I will hit it back, or ask the parent politely but coldly to get the kid to stop.

Don't beep at me to hurry. There's no sidewalk, so I'm not gonna move more to the side than I am already. It's not my fault your SUV is too wide. You beep at me, I'll stay on the same trajectory, and slow down a bit to annoy you.

There's more, but that will do for now.
:iconfreeinternetplz:
:iconicedtea0rox:
icedtea0rox Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student
Don't ever:

-Touch my neck. I will karate chop you!
-Mess my hair
-Annoy me just for my reaction
-Place anything out of order-like books for example, if they are all facing up, don't put one facing down
-Interrupt me
-Get mad at me for giving straightforward answers
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Filmographer
don't ever do that stupid thing where you try to make me flinch. (i'm very twitchy, and i've accidentally punched people who've done it to me. also, it's fucking stupid.)

don't ever touch the back of my neck: it's an erogenous zone that's very sensitive, and depending on the gender of the perpetrator, will result in either fucking or an ass-whooping.

don't ever use a logical fallacy in an attempt to argue with me. i'll instantly lose all respect for your argument, and i'll throw the idea of compromise out the window. also, it's fucking stupid, so stop with the pandering, straw man fallacies, and ad hominems.

don't ever snatch my things without asking first. only cavemen and small children do shit like that, and i'll immediately think of you as one.

don't ever try to give a bullshit apology. (apologizing with a 'but', apologizing for getting caught, and apologies with guilt trips attached apply) if you did something stupid enough to get me pissed, and you decide to weasel out of a sincere apology, then you might as well not apologize at all.

don't ever burp on me or near me. if you're gonna burp, cover your fucking mouth or at least make it quiet enough to not notice. extra hate if you don't turn away and burp at me while i'm talking, you disgusting fuck.

don't ever interrupt a joke i am telling or tell people the punchline while i'm telling it. only immature fuckheads who can't wait their turn to get all the attention fuck up someone else's joke. extra hate if their excuse for interrupting the joke was 'i've heard it before', 'it's an old joke' or 'it's not really that funny'. breaking news, fuckwad: you're not the only person i'm telling the joke to. if you've heard it before, let me fucking tell the joke to those who don't know it, and stop being such a attention whore.

don't ever touch my hand, arm, or shoulder while i'm drawing. i use ink, which isn't known for it's erasable qualities. extra hate points if it's to get my attention while i'm on my iPod. even more hate points if it's for something fucking stupid that could've have waited until i've finished my fucking drawing. all the hate points if it's to deliberately fuck up my drawing. (if all three, i will end you.)
:iconhazeldazel:
hazeldazel Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't ever:

Talk to me like I have no clue about Anatomy/medicine
Make me make a decision straight away
Tell me what you think is best for me
Make me a "decent" meal. I'm not you!
Make me feel uncomfortable
:iconava-ire:
ava-ire Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
don't ever
- use words like 'perf' in front of me
- eat messily/loudly in front of me
- act like you know better than me about something that is truly down to opinion or the right answer hasn't been discovered yet
- make fun of what i like
- act like you're some kind of sexual deviant - that's one of the things i will point out straightaway in one of the rudest ways i can
- talk about how much mainstream music 'sucks' and how pop-rock is way better. i'm not a huge fan of 'mainstream music', but you look like a pretentious twat, imo, if you complain about how much better music was ages ago, and how much pop music sucks, especially as a) you weren't alive 'ages ago and b) the music that you know from 'ages ago' was mainstream at the time.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
..."perf?" What kind of a word is that?
:iconava-ire:
ava-ire Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
i know, i know. it's supposed to be short for perfect in case you didn't know, but...it annoys me |:
:iconbendingbinary:
BendingBinary Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist
Don't ever
- expect my to be the slightest interested in anything having to do with hair/makeup/fashion.
- if I didnt answer your question, do not repeat it louder. You can repeat it, because I might have been deep in thought, but please, not louder.
- insult gays or use gay as a condescending word
- use retard as a condescending word
- call me dumb. I am not.
- expect me to take you seriusly if you do any of the things listed above.
:iconakihua:
akihua Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist
Don't you ever ever take my chocolate away from me.
Or touch my head.
Unless you're given a permission to.
:iconyuuriimpurity:
YuuriImpurity Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student General Artist
Don't Ever…
-Tell Yuuri she is not a good girl.
-Piss Yuuri off, for any reason, whatsoever. She might kill you.
-Insult Transformers in her presence. Ever.
-Ever, EVER sing Justin Bieber, or One Direction in while she is around, or within earshot.
-Don't insult Tokio Hotel, or their super hot drummer. She will devour your flesh.
-Tell Yuuri that Unicorns, in fact, are not real. She will cry.
-Tell Yuuri that Transformers aren't real either.
-Pop or invade on Yuuri's fantasy bubble. See above two 'don't ever's.
-Tell Yuuri that she is not only a good girl, but that nobody loves her as well.
-Not give Yuuri lots of huggles.
-Refuse Yuuri's brownies.
-Slap Yuuri. She'll slap you back. 5 times harder. Upside the head. With a shovel.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why does Yuuri speak in third person?
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't ever insult my intelligence.

Don't ever call me retarded (or Aspie freak, for that matter).

Don't ever say that I'm incapable of functioning in society.

Don't ever condescend me.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The only people I dislike with Asperger's is the people who blame the condition for their irrational and jerkish behavior.

You're not different, and you don't deserve such prejudice. I find it kinda sad that you have to tell people to respect you as an equal, it really says something about where we're going as a species.
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've never known anyone who uses their condition as an excuse to behave like that, unless they don't actually have the condition and just need an excuse

Seriously, if they want Asperger's they can have mine :grump: I'd be gladly rid of it
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thankfully, I don't know anyone who uses their condition (Aspergers or otherwise) as an excuse to act like a jerk. That's awful DX

And thanks, that means a lot to me.

I don't understand why the people who bullied me treated me like I was another species. If you passed me in the hallway or talked with me for a while, you would think there was something wrong with me. No one seems to think that now that I'm in my 20s. I tried to fit in when I was a kid, but others rejected me because I wanted friends, I guess.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Agree with you on the first three "Don't evers," for having Asperger's myself. However if a person condescends me, I don't really give a dang.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Call me retarded or say I'm not capable of anything. That's it, really.
:iconiridescentdragoness:
IridescentDragoness Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Overall, I'm pretty hard to offend. There are some things, though...
1. Talking to me like I'm four years old. My sister does this still. :shakefist: I'm not half as dumb as I look and loathe being talked down to.
2. Leave my sketchpad alone unless I say otherwise. Huge pet peeve. You may loose fingers.
3. Mistake me for gay because I'm not a girly-girl or a slut. Why are some people so stupid? :iconwhyyounoplz:
4. Try to force me to do something. This is for your safety.
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Haha, I think I'd like you if we ever met.
:iconiridescentdragoness:
IridescentDragoness Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:bow: XD Thanks.
:iconfullskis:
fullskis Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Photographer
Don't Ever
-bump into me, intentionally (Marley i am talking to u)
-not call on me if no one is raising their hands and i am (I HATE THIS!)
-lie to me, i want to know the truth
-be really creppy (wirte my name on a piece of paper and give it to me... what?)
:iconriseofgreenbean:
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Don't ever
-try to use me
-lie to me
-tell me I'm wrong when you know you're wrong just to piss me off
:iconsartanis:
Sartanis Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
* Chew with your frakin' mouth open. Seriously, people, :iconwtfisthisplz:

* Smack your gum in within earshot.

* Ignore/ Interrupt me (I will become immediately ticked off).

* Tell me to 'shush' (I HATE this).

* Ship me with ANYONE (I don't like shipping. :grump:)

* Talk about me (I am more observant than most people think. I keep me music on low just to hear people who are talking about me without being noticed).

* Touch me anywhere. (Exceptions are made for people I know really well, but not often.)

The list goes on and on...
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I feel the same way! :iconthumbsupplz:
Sartanis Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:tighthug:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That "on and on" seems to apply to many people here.
Sartanis Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:shrug:
:iconcuteprincesss:
CutePrincesss Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Don't ever:
*Lie to me
*Think that I will always forgive you
*Say that I'm short.
...SERIOUSLY I'M NOT!...well...maybe I am...But it doesnt matter! r-r
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't pay so much attention to your height! People like to pick people like you because you hate being called short!
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Don't ever...
lie to me. I can always see through it.
control me. I already have problems with authority.
pair me to some stranger in school I hardly know. It's getting annoying.
compliment me if you didn't mean it.
talk behind my back.

But.. do challenge me. I love challenges.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
I always speak the truth.
The upper statement is a lie. :trollface:
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't ever :
I don't even know :grump:
Add a Comment: