Ok I was away from dA for a while...why are there so many ponys and people named after countries?

Yeah I was away for a year and decided to check out the deviations people submitted...it seems like every row has a pony or something referencing a country. What exactly have I missed here? Sorry if this is obvious to others, I have not exactly been keeping up with the trends~~
Comments56
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nationalist horses? :dummy:
You mean Hetalia and MLP?
Don't worry, it'll be replaced with something you will most likely dislike soon enough.
Bronies and Hetalia.

10 years ago it would have been Teletubbies and Pokemon, and 5 years ago it was High School Musical and Inuyasha, who knows what the next big kiddie show and anime fandoms will be.
Teletubbies......really??
There was a fairly small Teletubby fandom in the early 2000s that could have expanded into a brony-like fandom if the chans, forums, Facebook and other venues had existed or been as well-known and fandoms themselves were less secretive.
Hetalia and MLP. The end. :icontruestoryplz:
I blame the wizards.
It's because you suck cock for money.
People just love dem ponies. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
That's true, i was just wondering why they were everywhere.
Well...... a LOT of people like them. Though, I'd say this is mostly a time sensitive thing. The third season just began airing the other day, and a lot has been building up to that over the last few months. So yeah, you happened to arrive at the peak of this particular spike of pony fanart.
No idea about MLP. I don't even know man :stare:

Hetalia <3
People just like it?
People named after countries?
Apparently it is Hetalia.
What's that?

And I still haven't seen any.
It's just today's dumb new thing, I'm sure it will be replaced soon enough.
I am sure it will
Why were you away? :O