Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 146

African IQs

:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
I'm not talking about African-Americans, but the people who live on the continent Africa.

Anyway, sub-Saharan Africans have an average IQ of 70. What the fuck? That's like the mental age of 11.

So, do you believe it? No, you have a closed mind.

Am I racist? No, I have really been in love with a black woman.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwhy-you-little:
Why-you-little Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
well of course they are going to have an extremely low IQ. It's obvious as to why.. the things they do are completely barbaric, though you can't blame them for not being educated because they can't really just say.. "okay I'm going to school to study this and be a smart individual"
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
True.
:iconkhkeyblademaster2:
khkeyblademaster2 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I'm guessing these are tribesmen? if so it's not surprising that they have a low IQ when you have to choose between education or, I don't know survival.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Well, education HAS helped them by 13 points.

Average IQ of Africans = 70

Average IQ of African-Americans = 83
well think of the type of education most African-Americans get. most minorities have less opportunity than whites too. it doesn't take a genius to tell you it's harder being black than it is being white.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
What you are all saying is true, just like what I am saying. With a valid excuse or not, black people are still more dumb on average.
well that's a cold way of looking at it. I'm black and I'm certainly not dumb, and not a single person I know is "more dumb" than another person. I wouldn't base my opinion on a most likely biased statistic anyway, you won't make a lot of friends that way.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Not you? I know, I know, it doesn't apply to EVERYONE.
khkeyblademaster2 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
true, true. maybe I took it the wrong way.
:iconcreyk:
creyk Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Okay, so what? They are so far away, it's not like we are going to hang out with them.:bucktooth::iconcuriosityplz:
:iconmelodymoose:
MelodyMoose Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Annnnd if you look to your left, you'll see a modern day racist. Notice how they single out black people for a negative trait found in many societies and cultures. Take note on the "black friend" logic used to excuse their racism. :P
:icontwasdandish:
twasdandish Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
LOL! who's IQ tests are the africans doing? if they are doing an american IQ test than that's understandable.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Yeah, just laugh at it. That's a self-defense reaction, brah. You just don't wont to admit the truth on this one.
:iconazureastra7:
azureastra7 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Society Brah! These people are dirt poor and live in a basic society. How much do they need to know to live in their culture? You take a plant and put it in a richer environment and the odds are really good that it will flourish beyond the limits of those in their native placement.
I know.

Average IQ of Africans, 70.

Average IQ of African-Americans, 83.
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
I suppose it makes sense, considering each race has spent thousands of years adapting to their environment, that people who belong to the african race have different mental qualities than people of other races. I don't think it sounds racist
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
:fart:
:iconstevenspielberg:
StevenSpielberg Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
That's like saying all Jews look like Steven Spielberg. Ridiculous.
did I say ALL blacks?
:iconstevenspielberg:
StevenSpielberg Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
Isn't that a basketball squad?
Yes, I know blacks are way better athletes.
:iconskyfire2008:
SkyFire2008 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
OMG, THIS IS SUCH A RACIST THING TO SAY, GO CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, YOU WHITE CISGENDER MIDDLE-CLASS SCUM!!!!1111ONEONE

Nah, just kidding, I believe you.
rofl

:highfive:
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have nothing to add more what ~Misanthrope0854 said .
I do. They wouldn't be able to survive here either.
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
where is "here" ?
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
In Civilization.
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Define Civilization ?
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
In cities.
:iconthespunk3d:
TheSPunk3d Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Your trolling abilities need refining. I suggest seeking consoling from Prosaix.

Much to learn little one....
I don't have any intentions to troll little one. IDK are you the little one... I assume... I'm 6'4" 200 lbs... whats ur stats?
:iconthespunk3d:
TheSPunk3d Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My power level is off the charts and my dick weighs over 200 pounds. I can also crush a boulder between my toes and spear 300 virgins with my anaconda schlong. You have a ways to go grasshopper.
Why are you trying to be funny?

What are you? 5'9" 155

"You have a ways to go grasshopper."

AND serious?
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
The average anaconda weighs 500lbs, so if your anaconda weighs 200lbs you have a small problem.
:iconhtimsnayr:
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
The tests can have unintentional cultural bias.

It may be difficult to wrap your mind around (not an insult), but basic methods of reasoning - the things that the tests measure - vary from culture to culture. To quickly rip an example from Wikipedia, "In the mid-1970s, the Soviet psychologist Alexander Luria concluded that it was impossible to devise an IQ test to assess peasant communities in Russia because taxonomy was alien to their way of reasoning."
Additionally, education, which theoretically shouldn't affect intelligence tests, can in practice influence results. A literate person well versed in classical logic and mathematics is going to do better than someone who has never read and can barely remember how to subtract, and all Western children are taught critical skills to some extent. Consider the state of education in sub-Saharan Africa.

I'm sure that, were you to go to Africa and talk to the natives, you'd find their intellects as sophisticated as one can expect from a human, so long as you keep in mind the cultural and educational differences.
"can barely remember how to subtract" - that's dumb

"I'm sure that, were you to go to Africa" - I'm sure that, were you to go to the ghetto in any city in the US, you'll find that they are dumb
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Directing petty insults toward a group where a counter argument would have far better made your point only serves to solidify your identity as a troll, you know. Anyway, the state of intelligence in ghettos in US cities is irrelevant; you specifically said that we were not talking about African Americans in your OP.

As for knowledge of subtraction: No, that's uneducated. We often take for granted the knowledge our high level of education provides; we forget that these things are not instinctively known, that they were taught to us at some point or another, and only stay with us through occasional use. Peter the Great could not remember how to subtract or divide for some time, and had to relearn the skills (along with higher mathematics) so that he could operate a sextant1 - and he is considered one of the most intelligent leaders to have lived.

1Robert K. Massie, Peter the Great
"As for knowledge of subtraction: No, that's uneducated."

They said the ability to REMEMBER subtraction... that means they already EDUCATED them about it.

god, your bias really shows through
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
That said, I'd like to see your source.
Even if the numbers are true (the site and author of the book may be biased, I'd have preferred some numbers from the APA or some other major psychological research association), the book in question deals with a correlation, not a causation. Perhaps the low IQs cause the low GDP, perhaps the low GDP (which would result in low education spending) causes the low IQs, or perhaps both are a result of some third cause.
perhaps you are brainwashed
What bias? What brainwash? I never said you were wrong. They may in fact have lower IQs.

I'm simply saying that the reasons behind such must be considered; to automatically declare that one thing or the other (i.e. genetics or even my own cultural suggestion) is the cause behind an occurrence without any evidence whatsoever is unscientific.
just search for "blacks IQ" on bing or google and every page will tell you the same thing
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, that wouldn't surprise me. But I'd say the cause is culture and resources rather than race. They just don't have the schooling resources that we in the western world have :shrug: If those African sponsor child commercials are true in what they show - the kids do seem eager to learn when they are actually provided with a school (the same can't be said about western kids who hate school) But then again, maybe they'd appreciate it more if they were given the alternative of toiling in a dried up field in 40 Celsius heat all day :dead:

This isn't me trying to shower pity on them. Frankly I've stopped caring since I sadly believe that Africa is a lost cause that will NEVER improve no matter how much money we throw at them unless they are willing to make some radical cultural and lifestyle changes (and they won't, no country on Earth gives up its traditional culture and way of living easily). While Europeans didn't help their situation early on, I think we have more than made up for it in the amount of aid they have gotten from every western or "white" country over the past decades. And they are still shitting where they eat due to their backwards culture. I have heard that the people that actually try to make use of the sponsor money they receive by building schools, wells, better farms etc often fall victim to outsiders who come and pillage (is that the right word?) these villages like a bunch of raging vikings or pirates and fuck it up for everyone anyway :pirate:
"the cause is culture and resources rather than race"

That has something to do with it but isn't the whole story. An average African-American's IQ is only like 13 points higher, at a humble 83.
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Then again, the average African-American still faces some degree of limitations even in the land of opportunity. Not always of course, there are many going to the same standard public schools as everyone else. But a lot seem to live in poor or "ghetto" communities within certain cities. Because so many of them are in those areas they contribute a lot more to the overall average than the ones living in decent suburbs/cities who have the same education (and thus - learning) opportunities as everyone else and would probably perform nearly the same (sure they might be a few points lower due to evolutionary variations, as I too believe humans vary more in just physical appearance) But the difference wouldn't be hugely significant I'd say. I think it's just the over-abundance of African-Americans living in poor, uneducated ghetto communities that drag their overall standards down :hmm: It's a vicious cycle really - I don't know how some areas got like that in the first place, but that kind of environment makes becoming educated hard for anyone, and that leads to another generation of stupid (and often violent) people who just make a crappy area even worse for the next :no:
dude

the inner city schools suck because all the black people are there
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, but there has gotta be a deeper explanation. Maybe when too many of them are together it causes issues - that seems to happen with a lot of races (any area that is largely populated by one race seems less 'friendly" to anyone whose not) meanwhile more mixed areas tend to be more balanced (once again, only if the mix is fairly even and not saturated with too much of one race). Maybe it's not so much the black people causing the problem, but simply the number of them in the same area forming this violent, uneducated cultural mass. Too much of anyone or anything in one spot is never good :iconseriousnod:
If they were all scattered around the city, or even the country so every school gets the same percentage, I think the "good" schools won't degenerate that much or even at all (seriously, each may only receive a dozen or so extra black students, what's that really going to do :greetings:) but the "ghetto" schools would improve significantly if they became more balanced :nod:

I never would have admitted this when I was in school myself, but I'd say education is the best tool for weeding out aggressive and animalistic behaviour in humans. It's so much more than just learning the facts about random crap. And it can't be a coincidence that the more violent a person is - the stupider they usually are :paranoid:
nice
Add a Comment: