Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Viral stuff

:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
When something goes viral on the media, how long does it take you to catch on, what mode of media do you usually experience it on and what do you think of it initially?

For me, it's usually from Smosh's website (either the week it goes viral or the week before), and I have to make it so that it's not annoying (which it always is initially in my case) and find something good about it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Normally takes about 24 hours. I don't experience it fully, but I am aware that it exists indirectly through deviantART, usually.
:iconikilledmyelegance:
IkilledMyElegance Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Ages. I don't listen to the radio or watch TV, so I usually hear about this stuff when I'm with friends at dinner or if it's music, some asshole will start playing it at a club.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's amazing how out of the loop I am when it comes to media hits of any kind. I often don't realize the popularity of something until at least a week or two after at least half of those who will ever see/hear it already have :slow:

Guess that shows how little I care about the media and anything that becomes insanely popular on it, because past ones have a track record of being shit (sorry but there is NOTHING cool or special about Gangam style :no:)
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The only thing special about it is how so many people caught on at the same time.
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012   Digital Artist
I've never measured how long it takes me to catch on. :lol:

If I like it, fine. If I don't, I just stop caring and do something else.
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
it depends on how annoying the viral thing is
Okay, to get a range a range of what annoying is to you...

Was Caramelldansen or Nyan-Cat more infuriating?
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
hmmmmm honestly they both are cute but i can say repititous cats are more annoying so the answer is B Nyan-cat lol
:iconterminallybored:
terminallybored Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
despite being online a lot I'm always behind with things. I didn't know about the Gangam Style song until only about 2 weeks ago.
Wow... Oh, well. :I
I've heard of worse.
Add a Comment: