Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 99

How has Disney impacted you?

:iconny-stray:
NY-Stray Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012   Traditional Artist
Hey, guys, I'm writing a paper on Walt Disney--the actual person and the company, and as part of it I'd like some opinions from others.

As artists and/or as general people, how has Disney impacted you? And I mean that in terms of have the movies (animated or not) left an impact on you; did the actual man, Walt Disney impact you/your life goals/career choices; have the Disney parks left an impression on you? etc.

Basically, any way, shape or form that Disney, as a whole, has impacted you, I'd like to know. This can be in a positive, negative or neutral light--it's your opinion.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
They killed my family and burned my village. :noes:
:icondanieldyer26:
danieldyer26 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Disney has set a widely accepted way of entertainment for the widest audience.
He had a smooth way of merging the taboo with our "common sense" of fantasy.
The balance of sensuality and taboo allowed his style to thrawt discrimination.
His Art are linked to Fables that have moral codes.
:iconkoalahuggles:
KoalaHuggles Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well the old, calssic animated films were amazing and taught me lessons. I cannot honestly say ALL their movies are still good anymore but some still are. :3
:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
A lot of ways, I think. My obsession with stories, my love for fantasy (which lead in turn to my love for sci-fi), my love of movies, my bondage fetish (don't ask about that one), and probably dozens of other ways I haven't even thought of. I have Disney ingrained into my brain, since toddler-hood.
:iconartsyfartsy1998:
artsyfartsy1998 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
Disney has bought Lucas Films, which is still freaking me out.
:iconzzyzx1999:
Zzyzx1999 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Disney has definitly impacted me. I would love to be an artist for Disney when I get older. I love all the movies. Walt Dinsey also just seems like a good and funny guy. I had to write a research paper on him.
:icongodesscall:
Godesscall Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They had a lot of sad moments. Seriously, I cried every time Pocahontas ended:icontruestoryplz:
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Everything has A happy ending .
:iconkoushoku-jin:
Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Expensive merchandise... :icondragonfacepalmplz:
:icontokyov:
TokyoV Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Got me started in singing.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Disney makes me want to be a princess and live happily ever after. :love:
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Disney has impacted me. I want to be a racist, bigoted princess without a brain.
:icondeithmare:
Deithmare Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To save Star Wars, it apparently only took $4,000,000,000. So, there's a good possibility that Kingdom Hearts can be...well...not saved, but improved. But the second that a keyblade matches up with a lightsaber is the very second that my shred of interest in KH dies. So...aside from potential future impact, not very much at all.
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
To be completely honest I never really cared much for Disney themselves. Yes I like occasional films but it already feels they live in Pixar's shadow more recently. I'll be lying if I said Disney hasn't made it's mark on generations however.
:icontovato:
Tovato Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I definitely started drawing because of Disney. My dad and I are super into old Walt Disney stuff, like original cartoons (silly symphonies etc.) and the older animated movies. Those really made me want to draw. I remember one day when I wanted to draw Mickey Mouse, but I wanted to look picturesque like all the artists/scientists in cartoons who have the huge pile of failed papers stacked on top of the garbage behind them. So I sat there for what must have been at least an hour drawing Mickey and then purposefully messing something up just so I could ball up the paper and throw it behind me.
When I really started getting more serious about drawing though was when my parents bought me a couple of Disney "step-by-step/ how-to" books for the main cast of Disney characters and Bambi characters.
Even though my style has changed to anime/manga it still stems from my original love of cartoon drawing.
:iconmmkaay:
Mmkaay Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I really wouldn't be drawing like I do and have a way to portray my creativity without it. Lol.
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student General Artist
It's caused me to lose brain cells.
:iconskytch:
Skytch Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
There are some childhood movies I remember watching from Disney, and of course going to the theme park in Florida a few times was great too.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
I was hit by a Disney truck.
:iconmelodymoose:
MelodyMoose Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I did watch some of their cartoons before school, but not much besides that. I was more of a Pokemon master than a princess :shrug:
:iconsoda-with-cyanide:
soda-with-cyanide Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student General Artist
It barely influenced me; the first Disney movie I actually saw was Snow White when I was 15 or so. So it just scratched the surface. :shrug:
:iconterminallybored:
terminallybored Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I was shoveled Disney movies down my throat all throughout my childhood thanks to my mother, they are definitely what made me want to be an animator when I was little. I don't know much about Walt Disney himself though...
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Influenced me in subtle ways that I do not know of! :dummy:
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They made me compete with imaginary characters (who were all either super-ideal or insanely lucky) for the hearts of women.

Seriously. My ex-girlfriend was seriously considering leaving me because I was nothing like Aladdin.
:iconallthesepiecesofme:
AllThesePiecesOfMe Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
When I was little, I wanted to be just like the disney princesses! Saw all the movies, had the merch and everything, and only went to Disneyworld once when I was four.

Now, I look back at how much I wanted to be a princess and think, "Oh shit. What was WRONG with me?!" :facepalm: I find the constant need for expression through song in almost every movie to be tedious and brain cell-killing. :shrug: Just when I thought "Eh, I guess Disney isn't the worst thing in the world.." BAM- they went and bought the rights to freaking Stars Wars, and are trying to suck more money out of the franchise by making MORE movies!!!
DO.NOT.WANT.:stare:
On a more positive note, the only thing ever produced from Disney that I like is Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Total badass right there.:iconoswaldtherabbitplz:
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
As a kid, Disney's stories greatly influenced my values and views on the world. I saw character traits I liked and decided that I wanted to be an amalgamation of those admirable traits. It also inspired me to be a storyteller myself later on, alongside other influences. Now that I'm in the animation field myself, (and after crying my eyes out after the One Man's Dream documentary ^_^; ) I admire the man himself and what he has tried to achieve and did achieve. He wanted to tell the stories of the ages, and stories yet to be told, and do it in a way no one else had done before.

And now I'm pending for the Disney College Program, because I want to be a part of the Grand Story.
:icondisneyplz:
:iconmechanicold:
Mechanicold Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Disney has no effect on me, as far as I'm concerned.
:iconhippo-rim-job:
hippo-rim-job Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Disneyland has impacted my colon
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I actually laughed out loud.
:iconhippo-rim-job:
hippo-rim-job Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
:la:
:iconloveinthesnow:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist
They taught me to be vapid and dependent on my male counterparts. :iconhurrdurrplz:
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
:lol:
:iconjames--steele:
James--Steele Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:iconbadassplz: Don't worry you silly female, I, the prince in shining armor, will save you! :#1:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist
:iconflowerdanceplz: Even though we just met a day ago?
James--Steele Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well, in the movies, they have barely met the princes before immediately marrying them, so why not? :iconlawooplz:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist
:excited: I'LL GET THE DOVES.
James--Steele Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Also some other forest creatures. But doves are nice. :iconlawooplz:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist
:iconflowerdanceplz: We can sing and dance, too! EVERYONE WILL BE COORDINATED AUTOMATICALLY.
James--Steele Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Hey! Hey! We just met, like, an hour ago. But you know. Let's get married! I'll protect you forever even though we have no common interests! :iconknightplz:
:iconjoeydawolf:
joeydawolf Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'll let you know after the new Disney made Star Wars movies come out. That should be interesting.
:iconcreyk:
creyk Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It made me hate Lions for 6 years.
And...that's it.
Mr. Disney impacted my life when I saw his face....i shall never forget:iconblankboobstareplz:
:iconsorabulgar:
SoraBulgar Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Writer
WHAT.
Why would it make you hate lions...?
creyk Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Because the brown lion killed the yellow ones:(
SoraBulgar Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Writer
That sounds incredibly racist. o-o
Lol. That's odd. But it did happen, didn't you see?
Yeah I did but.. I hadn't seen it that way.
I see it as a wonderful tale about learning to take your responsibilities for others.
Hmm...now that you say it, it has many ways of being interpreted :lol:
I always thought it was a metaphor for racial fights. (cause they, like, banished all the darker lions and things like that. Like, it was Disney's way of saying that black people didn't deserve to live or something like that)
Well they kinda made a black lion fall for a white one in another lion king movie so... xD
(1 Reply)
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Disney movies have brought a lot of joy to my life but I don't think they've influenced my style of art.
:iconkoushoku-jin:
Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
But now that Disney has acquired Marvel... that means you'll have to keep tabs on Wolverine more often now =D
Add a Comment: