Anyone ever have this feeling?

Alright so you've hit a roadblock in your art and it seems like you'll never improve no matter what you do. Then all of a sudden it's like BAM!* and a switch turns,
then your like "Ohhhhhh! so that's what I was doing wrong!!!!"
I love it when this happens! Not the progress of getting stuck. but getting your way out of it... always feels great imo hehe ^^''
Comments90
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nope. I've sucked my entire life.
/sob
Don't let the zombie horde overwhelm your senses.

Or so I say.
Oh I love that. It happened to me when I saw the art work of David Finch. I knew for a long time that I needed to add more detail to my art but I didn't fully grasp this until I saw his art. I buckled down and put more time into some of my more recent images and it payed off.
Hehe... although rihgt now im stuck... ._. in a road block its hard to get over the wall DX
I haven't felt that in a long time.
This happens to me, but I never figure out what I was doing wrong. I just start doing it right. It takes time
heh, so true! It does happen
Yeah sometimes , but not in the art .
Yeah indeed, its a great feeling! I somehow compare it like when you lvl up when playing a RPG. xD Hard work sure pays off! =D
XD yeah! it really does feel like a real live lvl up! lol
hahaah =D Well keep up the good work =)
Well when your math teacher KNOWS you're improving, and sticks you into a directed study block that you shouldn't be in...
Yeah, I'm stuck there now.
And he adds stress against me, so I'm barely able to draw anymore without thinking of "MATH. WHY AM I IN DSB FOR IT?".
[My art will never improve, since I'm horrid at it. xD]
Yes, I had this feelling many times ^.^
Sudden inspiration?
Haha I did that last night, I was experimenting with pixel art and discovered how easy it really is and what I can do with pixels if I really try. =P
I still haven't found what's holding me back from achieving photorealism.

I don't know that I've ever experienced that feeling. It's always been slow, steady improvement.
It's always a good feeling when we've been puzzling out a problem and we've found the solution. :nod:
Life works in cycles :meditate:
The circle of life! :sing:
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
:sing:
I loved that song when I was younger. :lol:
I do like the film myself. :la:
Yup. I haven't watched it in years, probably 'cause we had it on VHS, and then the VHS player broke, and we never got the DVD. :noes:
View all replies