Any one else not know what they're afraid of?

I honestly don't know what I'm afraid of. I used to be scared of spiders but that evaporated when I was about 10, I used to THINK I was scared of hights, but found out that it was adrenaline that I was feeling. So.... Now I don't know what I'm afraid of. It's not that I'm fearless, everyone's afraid of something, i just don't know what my fear is. I even looked at a list of 440 common fears and not one of them induced even a twinge of fear. Anyone else out there with this problem?
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm afraid of the fact that the teenagers of today will one day be running my country.
I'm actually not afraid of that, because even though alot of them don't know squat (Myself included), but the rest of us actually have some good ideas. I personally think that the entire world over is gonna have to hit bock bottom before we all start finally working together to fix our messes, and ourselves. because even if most of us are ready, some aren't and aren't gonna go with the rest of us. This is part of a story I'm working on [link] that kind of talks about this.
Devoid of human influence. Yeah, we're getting there.
I hope so soon, cause then we'll finally be on the right track!
I lost my sense of fear a few years back, I skip the whole fear phase and directly go for anger.
That has its drawbacks.
oh, I get angry too, but it's not the uncontrollable kind, I hannel it into what angered me's demise ^^
You know, fear is actually an innate survival instinct we all have when we come across danger. We can either fight or flee. Most phobias are actually caused by a traumatic event caused by that object or situation. You might not of had a traumatic even in your life to cause you to have a fear. Danger is a fear that every single person has. It can still happen if you come across something very traumatic in your life. Hope it doesn't happen however. Dodos did not have fear since they never had any natural predators. So, when man came along and saw these fearless birds, mmmm... easy lunch. :dummy:
so when aliens come, then I guess I'm easy lunch^^
No, the zombies.
oh, no, I'll be their leader
Zombies don't have leaders as they're infected by the zombie virus. They just eat brains and that's about it. =B
depends on the zombies you're talking about, the original zombies do, the ones that came from voodo religon have masters. they were controlled by a Bokor (Evil voodoo preist) and used for whatever, as slaves. The hollywood zombie is the mindless brain-eating thing.
I guess there's that. D=
View all replies
I have a fear of any kind of sticky tape. Yup. You'd think me being a theatre technician would have to get over it with the amount of LX Tape and Gaff we have to use, but no, not me.
I'm allergis to adhesive, you know the stickers that Wal-mart used to give out, the smiley's, they slapped one on my cheek and when my mom and I got home we peeled it off and underneath, my skin was scaly and nasty and that's what didn't peel off. that's happened a handfull of other times too, but that was the worst time.
No, because I'm British. But yes, I know what you mean.
Maybe you weren't afraid of those things while you were reading about them, but maybe if you came in irl contact with those, you would be afraid :paranoid:
maybe, but I have a pretty vivid imagination, so I can imagine them well, and I don't see myself afraid of them. some of them are gross, but I'm not scared of any of them.
I wouldn't consider the lack of fear a problem. You will know what your fear is once you encounter it there's nothing wrong with having an uncommon fear. :p
I know that, and I don't see it as a problem, I just find it really weird that I don't know what I'm afraid of, I can't even think of anything that scares me.