November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 64

Otherkin o.O

:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Ok so.
You can pretty much identify as any gender these days. That's srs business. Gender identity is important.
But now there's.. otherkin o.O
Where people identify as non-human/animals o.O
and
it's not a joke
and
idek
LIKE I GET THE WHOLE "SPIRIT ANIMAL" THING, I'D BE A CAT IF I WAS AN ANIMAL. BUT I'M NOT LIKE. A CAT TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconomgwtfbbqplz:
omgwtfbbqplz Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I think I am some sort of Lovecraftian eldritch abomination who somehow got reincarnated or sealed inside a human body.
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
you're probably right
:icontsunamihorse:
tsunamihorse Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Horse suits me, i like running neigh neigh
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm a cat. A Kitty-cat. :stare:
Update: OK GUYS SO APPARENTLY I WAS WRONG ABOUT WHAT OTHERKIN MEANS. TURNS OUT I STUMBLED ACROSS SOME SORT OF FETISHY THING THAT GAVE ME THE WRONG IDEA, HENCE THE KNEE JERK REACTION.

So, I'mma copy and paste what someone kindly explained:

"otherkin are people who believe that they were animals in their past lives. some believe that they were an “animal born in a humans” body, but as an otherkin, i don’t really believe that’s true. i have to respect people’s opinions, though, i realise.

we don’t really “identify” as an animal. we have ‘kintypes’, yes, but that’s just to tell people which animal we believed we were in our past lives. for example my kintype is thylacinekin, if that makes sense; i’m sorry if i don’t make any. "

So it's a reincarnation/spiritual thing, not some modernisticismful prgoressive movement.
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
I have this sudden urge to comment in this thread... but I don't know what to say. :paranoid:
Let your otherkin speak for you..
ACTUALLY THOGUH
I properly know what otherkin is now. Turns out I stumbled upon a, uhm, more progressive type of people that gave me the wrong impression o.O
But it's apparently a reincarnation thing.
THERE I STARTED A DISCUSSION YOUR TURN :3
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
I know what it means, but whenever I think about otherkins, I think about ugly people obsessed with some animal they say it's inside them. It's inevitable. :noes: I'm not one of them, by the way. :shifty:

Do you believe on that stuff?
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Sometimes I feel like I was meant to be a whole flock of Canadian geese. HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK
You are what you feel.
You are the combined spirit of a flock of Canadian geese <3 I wish you luck on your spiritual HONK HONK HONK
Add a Comment: