Ventriloquist dummies, clowns and mannequins...

What do you think of them? Are you scared shitless of them like most people or are you like the one person who can stand them? I personally hate clowns and mannequins but I love ventriloquist dummies. They're creepy cool. :la:
Comments220
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I love clowns... if they have original material. The circus that comes to town every year has used the same clown acts every year for the last four or five years. I've lost count. If they have fresh material, they're hilarious, and I have absolutely no idea how people could possibly find these delightful comedic experts to be creepy.

Ventriloquism... well, one of my favorite comedians is Jeff Dunham. Haven't been able to find any other ventriloquists to be entertaining, though.

I've never seen the kinds of mannequin's you're talking about; at least, not outside of cartoons. The only mannequins I know of are the ones that display clothing in the windows of shops at the mall.
Clowns come off as being like... Not quite human, I think. But yeah, those are the kind of mannequins I mean. I hate the more realistic ones.
i love clowns but im super scared of ventriloquist dummies & mannequins they just way too scary
Interesting... Usually it's the inverse.
clowns are cute & nice but i think ventriloquist dummies are evil they really scary they look like they want to kill someone :fear:
It's interesting that you find clowns fine but not dummies. :o
clowns are nice & funny but ventriloquist dummies have a super super scary face & it kinda of look real too & that makes it a lot more scary & in lots of show they always evil
I love all of the above. CB
What about mimes, they never get mentioned anymore.
This is true. I figure it's because they're not as popular nowadays?
I can understand how they freak some people out, but I owned one as a kid and practiced a long time with mine, so he seemed more terrifyingly laborious than mystical, heh...
Ooh, what was it like?
Well.....terrifyingly laborious, as I said. You move your hand just so to make the mouth move, the head move, et cetera, all the while trying not to make a fool of yourself with your voice-throwing skills. I was okay, not great, but the experts do it for decades and I only did it a few years before he began to break.
Yeah, I'd heard it was difficult to do properly... I'd love to be able to. :(
It's very easy -- to make an ass of yourself, heh. Doing it smoothly is definitely a challenge!
Maybe I should leave this right here?
...The fuck is that thing...
The same thing as your icon? Because I like your icon.
My icon's name is "Mr. Leery" and is not meant to be scary.
The living doll in DON'T...NO...DON'T doesn't have a name and is meant to be scary.

It's a simple reversal, really. In this case, the "living doll" is the victim, you are the monster!
How did you know my fears? :noes:

I especially hate clowns and manniquins (thanks to It and Silent Hill, respectively!), but like you, Ventriloquist dummies are actually kinda neat, due to their intricate designs.
I live inside your brain, bro. It is horrible... Do not mention It. :stare: