Link

Statistics

Replies: 255

Spiders & YOU

:iconkimb00p:
KIMB00P Featured By Owner Nov 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I feel like some sort of crazy. I have a horrible spider phobia and
thought I'd face my fears by becoming a spider momma:

What are your thoughts on spiders? Experiences?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbolainmarsh5:
Bolainmarsh5 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Eliminate potential harborage sites around the home. Removal of harborage sites around the exterior (wood piles, plant debris) and proper exclusion techniques should be used before opting to purchase insecticides.

Doors, windows, and plumbing voids should be sealed and caulked. Too many times, spiders will enter the home through windows and doors. Ensure window screens are properly fitted.

Ensure plants are properly trimmed. Spiders prefer to inhabit the plants around your house. Any branches touching the home should be trimmed.

All webs and egg casings should be removed, inside and out. Spider egg sacs can hold several hundred baby spiders. If they have hatched, then there are tons more around the house.

Glue boards should be placed on the inside of garage. That’s because most infestations start in the garage. Make sure the boards are placed right next to garage doors. They are lined with a sticky adhesive that will catch entering spiders.
:iconjawripper:
JawRipper Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Whats worst more then a spider is a dog! Spiders are cool.
KIMB00P Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I like dogs.
:iconwhy-you-little:
Why-you-little Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The ones that hang out on the corners of walls or windows are fine, any spider bigger than a bean dies.
KIMB00P Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My spider is .. A lot bigger than a bean.
Why-you-little Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
if they are in tanks then its okay, but if it were free and crawling around in my house, it'd either be burned or stomped :stare:
KIMB00P Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
What if it was crawling on you and it was your
pet?
Why-you-little Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That'd be okay XD But I'd never keep a spider, got enough animals here haha XD
KIMB00P Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I love kittens and had asked my boyfriend if we could have one,
but he said we already had enough wildlife going on, haha.
KIMB00P Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I had my group project in psychology today and our theme was the emotion of "fear/anxiety," so I brought in Miss Jessie, my Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula (G. Rosea). I kept her habitat in a bag for 6 minutes while we played clips on youtube that had a scary face jump out at the end. Then, we asked everyone if they were curious about the bag. One girl was brave enough to raise her hand.

I removed the habitat/Kritter Keeper from the bag and I heard someone from the back, "nonononononono!" Then I started to take the lid off and heard some gasps and, "is it real?" So, I started to touch Miss Jessie and every time she would move, I would hear more gasps from the audience, haha. I got her to climb up the side of the habitat and into my palm and she went from there, up my arm.

Some of my classmates were frightened, others curious and wanted close up pictures to send to their friends, and the few select who asked me if they could touch her. The only girl who volunteered to touch her proclaimed, "wow! She's soft!"

Overall, it was a fun experience, and I hope I received extra credit, haha.
Add a Comment: