Spanking Children

Were you ever spanked when you were a kid?
Do you think that it is effective at all?
Comments189
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Once or twice, but normally I was the "golden child" of the family so it didn't happen often. It didn't leave that much of an effect on me so it was a fairly useless form of punishment. Once, though, I made the mistake of swearing in front of my dad. He washed my mouth out with soap. It was disgusting and has forever made me avoid using such language.

He told me many years later that he regretted doing it, though, and for my younger siblings he used different disciplinary techniques.
I was spanked as a kid, I learned fast and I dont really do anything wrong. It could have been because of other things when I was growing up...but...yeah.
is the truth!

it at least gives the child something to think about before he/she does something stupid as fuck!
That is old school parenting.
Canes, hangers,leather slippers, black-board dusters and many other random items.
It made me more obedient. I hate the new "laws" making it so you can't spank your kids. When I have kids, I'll spank them into my little minions!

NO! You gotta give them a time out.
When I was little, my mom would take time out of her day to blister our butts!
My mom is not a good reasoning person to ask why she spanked me. When shes really fed up with something, she really takes on other people? Her anger is absolute and lasts for hours. So I can't tell if I really did something wrong, or shes just unreasonbly mad. Occasionally if shes really angry, she's just slaps me once.

When we were younger, she was even worse with the spanking. She once hit my brother with a pool stick on the leg.

Most of time, its really really loud yelling to the point of insanity. You wonder how my dad and I take it everytime she is mad.
A lot. @___@ Sometimes when I didn't even do anything wrong.

It made me afraid of my dad when he would be upset. :fear:
No, never. My grampa threatened me with a wooden spoon sometimes but never made good on it.
It was effective.. I'm a goody toe shoes now, but it made me fear my mother. I couldn't even go to her when had problems at school or when I felt depressed an suicidal. It pushed me to the verge of almost hating her cause I didn't understand why she had to hit me half the time.
Thankfully now.. not scared of her. I still hold anger towards ger, but we get along other wise... Jus hard to deal with when your a kid. People asking you if you love your mom and you can't even say yes.
Ahh the good old days, Got to love European parents <3
I've been spanked, and think that it is effective, but the parent needs to know how to use it. They shouldn't spank out of anger or frustration, and they need to rely on other methods.

I really did deserve it ... :lol: ... and think that it should definitely be allowed.
But most people use it as a form of abuse when disciplining ... they don't know how to use it as discipline.
I got spanked and was ok and have no resentment. I think it's fine as long as it's done responsibly and is effective.
only if done with a spiky glove, like those used for climbing :nod:
I got my ass beat.My parents used to have to take turns whooping me lol.Did it help? I don't know....
several times, but not in an abusive way.
but I still think it's unfair and not a good educative practice.
put your kid in a corner or something is way more effective
I was spanked by my parents multiple times when I was a child. They would buy canes to hit me, sometimes use a ruler or a comb. Due to my butthurt nature, I always snarled hurtful things in return and threatened to do many stupid things. Now I'm older, I think I definitely deserved it, and I behaved stupidly. Still, all that spanking has made me a rough and violent sort of person.
No, I wasn't spanked at all, but my mom did smacked me on my butt once and it was just meant as a shock, I think, cuz it wasn't painful. It was just to get me to snap out of it when I was so stubborn and did stupid things. But other than that, they only gave me tense reminders when they didn't like what I said or whatever. I love me parents. :aww:
Yep. I knew if I did something wrong, my parents would whip my ass.
Yes. It's hurt like hell, and I got scared of almost everyone for a few days after that.
People who spank children are complete bastards.
Yeah, and I had it coming.
I struggle to reminisce the details of my childhood, but my dad says that he didn't (believable), and my mom reluctantly said no (hard to believe).
Our parents used to spank us in the face. It stopped being effective when I got big enough to catch a punch.