Details

Closed to new replies
April 23, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 188

Spanking Children

:iconmissdigitalis:
Were you ever spanked when you were a kid?
Do you think that it is effective at all?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconatomicqueen:
atomicqueen Apr 26, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Once or twice, but normally I was the "golden child" of the family so it didn't happen often. It didn't leave that much of an effect on me so it was a fairly useless form of punishment. Once, though, I made the mistake of swearing in front of my dad. He washed my mouth out with soap. It was disgusting and has forever made me avoid using such language.

He told me many years later that he regretted doing it, though, and for my younger siblings he used different disciplinary techniques.
:iconprofiling-reality:
Profiling-Reality Apr 25, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
I was spanked as a kid, I learned fast and I dont really do anything wrong. It could have been because of other things when I was growing up...but...yeah.
:iconmuni-shah:
Muni-Shah Apr 25, 2011
is the truth!

it at least gives the child something to think about before he/she does something stupid as fuck!
:iconjadedphotographer:
That is old school parenting.
Canes, hangers,leather slippers, black-board dusters and many other random items.
:iconmarcusaralius76:
It made me more obedient. I hate the new "laws" making it so you can't spank your kids. When I have kids, I'll spank them into my little minions!

NO! You gotta give them a time out.
When I was little, my mom would take time out of her day to blister our butts!
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Apr 25, 2011  Student General Artist
My mom is not a good reasoning person to ask why she spanked me. When shes really fed up with something, she really takes on other people? Her anger is absolute and lasts for hours. So I can't tell if I really did something wrong, or shes just unreasonbly mad. Occasionally if shes really angry, she's just slaps me once.

When we were younger, she was even worse with the spanking. She once hit my brother with a pool stick on the leg.

Most of time, its really really loud yelling to the point of insanity. You wonder how my dad and I take it everytime she is mad.
:iconworld-hero21:
World-Hero21 Apr 25, 2011  Hobbyist Writer
A lot. @___@ Sometimes when I didn't even do anything wrong.

It made me afraid of my dad when he would be upset. :fear:
:iconannagiladi:
AnnaGiladi Apr 25, 2011  Professional General Artist
No, never. My grampa threatened me with a wooden spoon sometimes but never made good on it.
:icondoyoulovetanuki:
DoyouloveTanuki Apr 25, 2011
It was effective.. I'm a goody toe shoes now, but it made me fear my mother. I couldn't even go to her when had problems at school or when I felt depressed an suicidal. It pushed me to the verge of almost hating her cause I didn't understand why she had to hit me half the time.
Thankfully now.. not scared of her. I still hold anger towards ger, but we get along other wise... Jus hard to deal with when your a kid. People asking you if you love your mom and you can't even say yes.
Add a Comment: