Draw Landscapes

I love seeing what can be done with muro and I want to see if you all can handle some landscapes.

Landscapes: Means having features of land but can include landforms such as (ice-capped) mountains, hills, water bodies such as rivers, lakes, ponds and the sea.

Have fun can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Comments106
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Bwaaa... not in a happy green field mood.
Comment Drawing
Cool!! It has a feeling of being smothered or rusty... xD Love it!! Very different!
Love how this gives the effect of flying over open fields. Very nice and relaxing to look at.
I drew this one using my personal DAmuro so I guess it counts.

:thumb351754299:

[link]
I like how ridged your art is! There is noting soft about even in this piece. Very nice.
Thank's I like thing bold and hard.
I keep trying for grass fields and getting mountains. At least the one has grass in it this time.
Comment Drawing
LOL I know how that is. I try to draw a snail and end up with a house. Its crazy. I do like this grass. However its the sky that grabs my attention and smacks my face with sheer beauty. I wish I could see the process of you making this. You should make one and submit it to your gallery so I can watch your methods. You are really amazing. Have I added you to a watch yet?
Have now apparently, Thanks. :) I can give that a shot, not sure what the results will be since mini-muro and big-muro don't work the exact same. Basically I just use a lot of the same methods as Bob Ross taught for his. He may of been a painter but his teachings still are quite effective for the digital arts. Start with a background and let the happy accidents go! I do like the idea of it though, so I'll slap it on my to do list. I've really been enjoying doing these landscapes, thanks for the great thread idea. :highfive:
Well...I failed making it just a landscape, but it does demo the techniques I've been using. So here you go, a redraw, enjoy.
[link]

I didn't do grass in this one but the grass in the last one was just sketchy brush and dragon brush, using similar tactics as making mountains and the mane in the redraw.

If you have any questions about anything let me know.
This is really cool this helps so much. I'm not only enjoying making these pieces but they are turning out amazing too. Here is the first one I tried out.
[link]
I didn't use all your lovely techniques in this one cause I wanted the scene to be as I saw it. I know stars would have looked nice but when I looked at the sky that night there wasn't any visible.
However in my next attempts to practice I'll try to integrate more techniques.
Since that was more of a city sky I wouldn't expect stars yet at that brightness of sky, so you did right. Don't worry about using all the techniques at once (I won't be offend), they are there for you to use when you feel you need them.
Here is a new technique that :iconeddieblz: did for some rather amazing leaves you can play around with too if you like.
[link]
Wow this makes me feel very cold and lonely. Love icy landscapes and how barren they are.
ROFL Nice job! Love the shadows on the clouds.
I should be studying instead of drawing this
>.<
Comment Drawing
Looks like an ear on the tree. xD But great work. We should all be studying something rather then doing what we all are right now. I need to go back to college my speaking skills are starting to dumb down thanks to all the morons I hang out with. lol
aha, sorta,
I wasn't paying much attention to detail when I drew it,

Lolomg
Good luck with that XD
took me hours but i'm done...
Comment Drawing
Looks really pretty C: I love the view.