November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Draw Something That Perplexes You!

:iconhoubledelix:
Check your inhibitions at the door!

Step 1: Take a look around the world.

Step 2: Get confused. Think about all the normal things you take for granted and how they don't make sense at all. Think about your guts. What's the purpose of bathing suits? Are fart jokes appropriate or inappropriate? Is body hair okay or not okay?

Step 3: Listen to a song you like. What would it be if it was an apartment, or a snail, or a logical argument? Don't interpret the lyrics or go for what's obvious. Interpret your feelings and abstract sub-verbal thoughts.
-Alternative- Go engage your other senses, and synaethesize your experience. Smell your conversations. Hear your photographs.

Step 4: Follow your associations and interpretations until you arrive at something you can't believe you thought. Keep going until you have an image you like or hate. Feel free to sleep on it for days and days and days.

Step 5: Draw it here. Feel it.

ALTERNATIVE: Disregard all these steps and just draw random shit. You will earn massively sarcastic kudos from me if you do this.

Some things to get you started:
[link]
[link]
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpairing-nazi:
Pairing-Nazi Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist

Comment Drawing
I see a goblin zombie staring dazedly into the aether alongside a purple post wrapped in a purple football/racoon/carpet which is exploding while at the same time not exploding, while a disembodied voice makes known its offense at some misconduct.
Is this liason between post and racooncarpetball illicit?
Is it wrong to explode without really breaking apart and combusting?
Are zombies not supposed to open their eyes really wide?
Am I way off the mark? Is there a mark?

In any case, awesome. This made me think.
:iconpairing-nazi:
Pairing-Nazi Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
Actually, it's just a guy being freaked out by another's codpiece. :lol:
I am pleased by this development :?
:iconsdayton:
sdayton Nov 18, 2012  Student Artist
where are snails going?
whenever i see a snail i wonder what it's up to. snails perplex me.
Comment Drawing
I love what you did with the speech bubble!
It's true, snails are odd. I mean, it makes some sense that they're made up of a hard thing protecting a soft thing, but at the same time it's a hard thing and a soft thing making up a single animal. That's like a creature made of hot and cold.
Where are they going? Who knows? Maybe even they don't know.
I'm wondering if snails are, on some level, mathematicians. Their shells have that perfect spiral shape.
There's so much to wonder about snails!
:iconmegamorpho:
Suppose every cheese has holes. So, more holes mean less cheese. But, the more cheese you have, the more holes you have. So...
Comment Drawing
Bravo! Maybe all cheese is really the same amount of cheese?
I've gotta think about this.
:iconmisterkhact:
MisterKhact Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Life is like a line.
Comment Drawing
Isn't evereything, though?
Add a Comment: