Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 38

Draw a "Ship of Regret"

:iconstxl87:
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
when i was younger i had some physical fights with my brother that i deeply regret, and since then i've vowed to never physically harm any family member again, and i've kept that vow.

when i was younger i drew a "naughty" or obscene picture that my cousin got blamed for when my grandmother found the picture, and i stayed in the background and let her take the blame. i regret this.

i deal with these things that i regret and other things i regret by sometimes listening to a song called "Ship of Regret" by Nobuo Uematsu from the Xenogears Soundtrack (a playstation rpg game). the song makes helps me deal with deep emotions and come to terms with them. sometimes while listening i actually picture that i am on board a "Ship of Regret" in which everyone on it is solemnly trying to cope with things they regret and deep emotions, the song fades out into silence at the end, and thats when i see the ship fade into the distance on the sea.
i think maybe one day i will paint a picture of this "Ship of Regret".

i the "Ship of Regret" might make a very beautiful picture. You can even look up the song on youtube and listen for inspiration.I would LOVE to see you good artists draw this.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkerrokerro:
KerroKerro Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012

Comment Drawing
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
WOW, i really like this picture! im impressed by the detail in the ship and the fog effect. this reminds me somewhat of how i picture the "ship of regret" in my mind. beautiful work, nice picture! thanx!
:iconxxeternal-hetalianxx:
I have a lot to regret right now too, so i really put feeling into this drawing. The song was slowish, so i thought of myself just drifting along on a grey sea. I hope you like it, im not the best of artists though.
Comment Drawing
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
WOW. this is a great picture! i love it. its full of emotion, the colors and everything really say a lot and come across well, it really looks misty and foggy. beautiful picture. nice work. thanx!
:iconxxeternal-hetalianxx:
Gee, I wasn't expecting such good feedback! Why, you are welcome! I do feel like Im on a misty boat to nowhere at the moment. I know how regret feels. It also feels good to paint out your feelings. Thank you so much for liking it~!
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
no problem.
:icondk-lover123:
DK-lover123 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
The Grim Reaper was a bit hard and sorry if it's a bit misleading.
Comment Drawing
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
very very cool picture! i like it!
:icondk-lover123:
DK-lover123 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Thank you.
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Here is a Link to the song "Ship of Regret" for everyone. the composer is actually Yasunori Mitsuda
[link]
Add a Comment: