One free dA subscription per month! :3

Hay there! I’m glad you’ve stumbled upon this little topic as I need your help! You see, I have a problem. Of course this problem is hindering my fantastic idea, and I bet you’d love to know what my fantastic idea is, right?

Well, I can tell you!

I’m planning on giving out FREE dA subscriptions! Yup, that’s right- a free subscription to one lucky person a month!

I got the idea after stumbling in to *candysores journal and seeing that she’s doing just that, and I thought that was such a nice thing to do, and so, I want to do the exact same thing!

Now, *candysores isn’t giving the subscriptions out as a prize for a competition- nope, she gives them out to someone she feels deserves it.

You don’t have to do anything to win this, all you have to do is simply suggest someone who you feel deserves a subscription and then say why you feel this about that person. (You can even suggest yourself!)

However, this person needs to be active; otherwise it’d be pointless giving them a subscription!

Anyway, on to why I need your help!

Well, I’m not the most popular deviant on dA (because my stuff is rubbish! xD) so I don’t get many page views- which means if I just said all this in a journal entry, no one would know about it!

So, hopefully, you can help spread the word about this so people do know about it, to give them the chance of winning! YAY!

I plan to start this next month(December), with a subscription going out at the beginning of the month.

HOWEVER~! Seeing how it’s Christmas and everything next month, I also plan on giving at least one other free subscription out, I have my heart set on actually giving three out on Christmas day, two picked out from suggestions made from people, and then another given out at random to someone picked by me!

If you have any questions, or you’re not clear on something, please let me know!

I’ll get the details up in my journal as soon as I have the time!

Thanks! :3
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
this is such a great idea! i really commend you on it :) i really wouldnt normally recommend myself for anything but id love one, i have never recieved one and at the moment im doing a lot of community work and i think itd be handy for the features im due to give soon ^^ i have been especially trying to feature ~princepen, i have created a news article for him and i have him in my journal with just a links and text at the moment. hes a very unseen artist and has always been my favourite. id like to help feature more unseen talent and i think itd help ^^
:hug:
jen x
I don't even know if this is still going on, but what the heck...

As much as I'd like to suggest myself, I'd instead like to suggest my friend :iconcreatureart: . Not only has she been a good friend to me for some time, she volunteers what little time she has with university to do art not only for myself, but for other friends (to cheer them up and encourage them) and for causes she feels strongly about. Knowing she is in college, I know she can't be rolling in money right now and I definitely know she doesn't have a lot of free time, but perhaps receiving a gift like this will help her to know that she has friends on her cheering her on to success and who want to see her continue to post the wonderful art and comics she has been for some time to come.
I would like to suggest myself. im pretty active, i would become even more active with the DA subsciption.
If this contest is still open I'd like to nominate :iconazureflameandsky: for a few reasons.

1)She tells me my art is wonderful when others suggest otherwise
2)She sticks up for me on here when people treat me like dirt on here
3)She's a really awesome friend.

please take her into consideration
Okay, well...I'd like to suggest myself. I would use it to promote others in my journal. I'm not really an artist, and have begun using my time on here to encourage others and promote those who have amazing abilities and talents on here. I'd love to feature their work in journals and news articles so their works can be shared :D Thanks for such an opportunity :hug:
I would choose myself because I am an upcoming artist and don't have the exposure to get my name out this would also give me the opportunity too feature other artists in my journal. Thank you for the consideration.
i want one! i've been dying to have a subscription :(
I'd like to suggest ~howlzapper. He's pretty active in DeviantART, he always check the updates and he's a student of animation and cartoons. He never had the chance to get one subscription. (not the free week either).
So my friend :iconsilver-vamp: ~Silver-Vamp is super awesome and deserves a sub because even though she hasn't posted any new pieces recently [college will do that to you] she is super supportive of the arts and gives real critiques and helpful criticism which is sadly a rare thing to find here on A lately. Check her out!!
I nominate AleaIshikawa:iconaleaishikawa:

A while back while i was still new to the site and the rules, I accidentally offended her with my conduct. I apologized and such, but sometimes words don't mean much. I was hoping that If I went out of my way to point out that she is an upstanding citizen of the Deviant ART community, you would recognize that she cares deeply about the people here. She is highly active, and passionate about the rights of the artists. I feel that she deserves some recognition, even if she isn't a big fan of me :-p.
This is so wonderful and kind of you. I would suggest myself...but that is selfish. So I'll suggest my good friend Fates-Broken-Wings. She completely deserves this! She's really active here at dA and is so kind to everyone!
I'd love to nominate myself (yes i know the horrror!)I'd nominate my boyfriend or my friend
but they dont want it. :lol:

I think i deserve a subscription,because i have been a loyal subject of the dev community, i come here everyday,participate in contest, try to comment all my watchers,cheer ppl up!submitt my art and poems with love for all to enjoy.
I've always wanted a subcription since i've been here (feb.6,06)and i'd love you mucho if i got it! I'd see it as a bday present :clap: my bday is on dec.23

so you decide

:heart: Sami
I would recomment my friend :iconpuka23: because he's a really good artist, has a lot of stuff in his gallery, and updates often. I have known him for quite a while now, and he's a wonderful person.
I totally nominate :iconyousei-kuso:
She's one of my oldest friends (she had a different account back then) and lately was put through a lot of shit and flamers.
But she's one of the nicest people that I know about on DA and sort of just getting her mojo back and I think a subscription would really make her day!
I suggest that you advertize! theres a club that is all about just exactly what you are doing and they would be more than happy to put you up on their list! check them out

>>> :icondeviant-contests:

and while I'm making suggestions, could I suggest that you take your offer to one of the DA clubs? You could offer it as a prize in one of their contests, not all the club here have the finances to offer money based prizes, and it sure might help boost some community activity! Or you could offer it to the club itself (like *TheKnotters!) who could use the subscription to perk the club, and then everyone benefits!

>>> :iconclubdirectory:
This sounds awesome =O

I'd suggest my best friend :iconpspmcr: :D
Cuz she's such an awesome person and great friend to have and she really wants a sub :3 So trying to get her one is the least I can do in for her return. :glomp:
I hope this doesn't sound too demanding, but there are two really awesome people i can't decide between.
:iconcris-m: or :iconnamikazeyuki:

:iconcris-m: because he's a truly kind person, very supportive, great to talk to and is going through a hard patch at the moment.
:iconnamikazeyuki: because he's nice, friendly, would brighten anyone's day and always thinks of others ^^
I know it's kinda selfish to suggest myself, but i'd really like to have a suscrption =)
I started my addiction to this awesome community exactly a month ago with my 2 oldest pieces, only abstract art... and during this little time i think i've improved quite a bit with my art, although i moved more into anime lately =P

If you don't mind then, i'd suggest myself for this ^^

Here you can see some examples of my art =)

:thumb68965409: :thumb68963657: :thumb68593870:

Thanks for the opportunity! ^^
Hehe, i just realized i wasn't in the thumbshare forum =P

Here are the links to those 3 deviations xD

[link]
[link]
[link]

Once again, thanks for the opportunity ^^
they all say, "invalid file"
~KjetilofNorway he's a military photojournalist for norway, and very good. he deserves it...

but a close second, of course, is me.
I would like to nominate ~iiNe, she's really kind to everyone and works hard, putting her all into everything she does. (: