ATTENTION! Calling all Writers! - A 100 Theme Writing Challenge interest thread

Well, there's a lot of theme challenges around for artists, and I noticed a lack of anything similiar for the writing community - so I've started my own.

As a challenge, there are no time limits - you can take as long as you want to try and complete it. There's no prizes either, just the satisfaction of knowing you completed the challenge.

If you're interested, please read on - If not, well, thanks for checking this out anyway.

The Rules
1. Write 100 pieces of prose and/or poetry using each of the themes below.
2. For each piece to count, there must be ONE theme that is focused upon in each piece.
3. The writing can be of any style - fanfiction, drabble, poetry, song, etc - doesn't matter, so long as it's written.
4. It MUST be your own work - No plagiarism. Where's the fun in copying from others?
5. Your work must be RECENT - please don't use something you wrote ages ago.
6. When each piece is posted, please mention that it has been written for this challenge in your comments section.
7. This challenge isn't only for deviantart - Post it anywhere! Please, just mention who you got the idea from, especially if you wish to use the themes listed below.

Although it isn't necessary, I recommend having a journal post reserved to keep track of your progress. Also, if you decide to try this challenge, please let me know in a note or comment. I'd love to be able to have links to all the challengers!

As mentioned, I want to keep a progress report on all challengers, so if you decide to do this challenge, and your friends get interested, please don't forget to direct them to me, :icondarknessversuslight:, so I can add them to the progress list. Also, watching my journal is a very good idea, as I will post any updates there.

Questions? Comments? Drop me a note or comment, and I'll do my best to answer! Now, on to the list!

The List
1. Introduction
2. Complicated
3. Making History
4. Rivalry
5. Unbreakable
6. Obsession
7. Eternity
8. Gateway
9. Death
10. Opportunities
11. 33%
12. Dead Wrong
13. Running Away
14. Judgement
15. Seeking Solstice
16. Excuses
17. Vengeance
18. Love
19. Tears
20. My Inspiration
21. Never Again
22. Online
23. Failure
24. Rebirth
25. Breaking Away
26. Forever and a day
27. Lost and Found
28. Light
29. Dark
30. Faith
31. Colours
32. Exploration
33. Seeing Red
34. Shades of Grey
35. Forgotten
36. Dreamer
37. Mist
38. Burning
39. Out of Time
40. Knowing How
41. Fork in the road
42. Start
43. Nature's Fury
44. At Peace
45. Heart Song
46. Reflection
47. Perfection
48. Everyday Magic
49. Umbrella
50. Party
51. Troubling Thoughts
52. Stirring of the Wind
53. Future
54. Health and Healing
55. Separation
56. Everything For You
57. Slow Down
58. Lesson
59. Challenged
60. Exhaustion
61. Accuracy
57. Versus
58. Heartfelt Apology
59. Luck
60. Impressions
61. Teenager
62. Irregular Orbit
63. Cold Embrace
64. Frost
65. A Moment in Time
66. Dangerous Territory
67. Boundaries
68. Unsettling Revelations
69. Shattered
70. Bitter Silence
71. The True You
72. Pretence
73. Patience
74. Midnight
75. Shadows
76. Summer Haze
77. Memories
78. Change in the Weather
79. Illogical
80. Only Human
81. A Place to Belong
82. Advantage
83. Breakfast
84. Echoes
85. Falling
86. Picking up the Pieces
87. Gunshot
88. Possession
89. Twilight
90. Nowhere and Nothing
91. Answers
92. Innocence
93. Simplicity
94. Reality
95. Acceptance
97. Enthusiasm
98. Game
99. Friendship
100. Endings

Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get started!

Note: Whilst this has been designed for writers, any artists are welcome to use this list for their own 100 Theme Challenge too!
Comments123
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This is a kind of old journal post you have here, but I googled 'Writer's 1oo Lists' or something, and it directed me here. This list looks good. Some unique themes. I'll do it. =] I'll link to this journal when I post my progress list in my journal.
This looks interesting. If anything, it may give me some motivation to STOP BEING SO LAZY. ; ;. I procrastinate way.. way too much.
I'm starting this, please add me.
Count me in! This will be great inspiration material for myself anyways :D

But as a warning, they're likely to begin as story themes and end as themed synopsese :P
Or use the themes as titles.... *_*
Ah. I forgot to tell you... the last time you posted this I decided to do the challenge. You can find the results in my gallery and also, thanks for coming up with this! ^^ A while ago I was beginning to worry that there were no writer challenges but than i saw your thread. You can go ahead and add me to that list if you wish.
I am copying these themes to my computer and shall write upon them sometime.
I think i'd be a great idea to try this out. It could help my poetry greatly. I'm working on it now. ^_^
Ooh! I'd love to try this. My schedule is extremely hectic now (with one story in progress, one on hiatus, and two collabs going) but once I get those out of the way I'll DEFINATELY be doing this. :nod:
sure ill do it! sounds fun!
I have a friend who's very gradually chipping away at the list. I think I'll take a shot.
Alright, I think I shall try it out!
Hmm........100 writing themes.

I think I could do something like this...
I might go for it!:D
Hmmm... Sounds fun! I'll get started on it right away! ^^
I love this idea. I think I'll give it a shot.
i would be happy to take up your challenge. i've had a bad case of writer's block recently (on my hp fanfics) so maybe this will help!
Mmmn...I'm in. I'll post a journal entry in a bit.
OwO r u serious?

>w< I started another one in March with all fanfiction, I didn't know there was one for writers *shot*
It looks like its been a while since you posted this but its exactly what I've been looking for, so I must do it

THANK YOU :hug:
Everyone, please stop posting here. The :deb100ThemeWriters: is the place to express your interest now, as they are the ones monitoring the challenge.

Please, if you post here, you will no longer be noticed, or receive a reply. Also, do not note me about the challenge - again, the ~100ThemeWriters are dealing with all of this.
I sent you a note and commented on the 100 Theme Challenge page. I'm interested.