Storyboard Requests

Got an animation project in the pipeline? I'm looking to put my comics experience in a new direction, so now I'm taking storyboard requests for free! Throw me a note, and I'll get back to you in the morning.

Ta ta~
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Seriously, no takers?
Independent animators don't wish to rely on others because animation is a lengthy process and rather tedious and would prefer being alone. Also, animators are rare these days since money is required to enter animation and technology doing most of the work. Perhaps you should just work on your personal comics.
Also, "independent animators" almost not a thing. Folk who go it entirely alone might be as rare as hens teeth. The only one I can think of is the guy who made "Nova Seed".
David Firth, Piemations, Shockmouths, hotdiggedydemon, Karson Gameboy, Zone, Lee Hardcastle (does stop motion but pretty good), Felix Colgrave, and Jonochrome (makes 2d animated games) and lots more maybe. When I say independent I mean that they don't enjoy working with others but if they have no choice then they will like music for example. Also, I gotta see Nova Seed.
I have not heard of any of those folks, but I promise to look them up.
Just FYI, Zone is NSFW content.
All I'm looking for is other student [self-taught students included] animators who might want to collaborate rather than going it alone.

And that part about animation being expensive because of the tools is false. It's expensive because it's labor intensive. End of list.

I'm using Krita for backgrounds and layouts, and OpenToonz (developed for Studio Ghibli!) for the actual animating. Both of which are free.

[[P.S. Your tone is totally shitty. Surely you noticed. ]]
Tone is irrelevant when it comes to text due to subjectivity. Like I can interpret yours as cocky even though that is just about impossible to tell. Like I am not trying to be an ass or anything so I apologize If I came off as one to you.

When I refer to animation as expensive I poorly worded it. It was in regards to every aspect of doing animation from being educated (if one goes to college) to sometimes equipment because stuff like Wacom for example is expensive but that depends where you are buying it if one is a student and balancing work and education. If a student that is. And the time consumption of animation while dealing with everyday life.

Yeah, those are free software but remember free stuff is kinda suspicious since we live in a capitalist world so some will avoid using free stuff but cool nonetheless which has me wonder what computer you use to run it?
I literally got all of my equipment from shopgoodwill dot com for 40 bucks, including the computer. You should try it. The old wacom graphires and bamboos are basically indestructible. I've been doing digital art since '99. You don't actually need a high end computer to run Photoshop--let alone much lighter programs like Krita. And Krita and OpenToonz are open source. You're invited to 'pop the hood' and get a look at the code of that's what you're into.

As for college, it took me six years to get a two year degree 'cause I couldn't even file for aid or loans (my parents being 50 year old children who hadn't filed their taxes in years) and had to pay for one class at a time. So, yeah, I don't have a lot of formal education. But hey, upside, no loans to pay back!

We are pretty far below the poverty line ourselves. Even if we doubled our income we'd still be below it. I've gotten good at feeding a family of five on a 100 bucks a month. [Which is harder for my hubs than me, 'cause he came from a middle class family and doesn't know how to live without snack cakes and cookies in the house.] I've got PoorCraft traditions passed directly to me from the great depression, so we're not doing half as badly as we could be.

(Ok, ramble over, sry)
What an interesting story. Also, thanks for the info regarding equipment.
There aren't that many animators on these forums so that is probably why. Id take ur offer but Im just working on a big animation rn with the storyboards already finished whoops
Gotcha. I've been looking for a decent online community of animators... But all I can find is Newsgrounds. I was a member there over a dozen years ago, but in the years I've been gone it seems to have devolved into the sort of place where people use the word "cuck" unironically.