Need help/advice for making hinged glasses for a plush

I'm making a pair of clay sunglasses for a plush.  I've searched all over dA but I can't find a specific tutorial for making them hinged (without using real ones), and I was wondering if anyone has made a tutorial or knew of one.

OR, if anyone has a suggestion to make hinged glasses, I'd love to hear it!

I was just thinking it'd be a cool feature if I could do it, but if not, oh well =p
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Polymer clay? I've never tried, but you might be able to get some cheapy metal hinges, like jewellery box hinges, and bake them into the clay. 

You probably could make a hinge with just clay and a bit of wire too, but it'd be fiddly. Specially to make sure it only opened to 90 degrees
Maybe a bit like:

Glasses by H-SWilliams
This is just off the top of my head though, I don't have any sunglasses to check how they make them stop opening at the 90 degree point. I 'think' in cheap glasses the plastic usually butts up against each other when they open, so they can't swing out any further. 

Probably worth doing some tests of just the hinge out of scrap clay first if you go that way.
Excellent, thank you very much for drawing that out for me!  I'll give it a try!

Thanks for the suggestion about jewellery box hinges too.  That'll be plan B. ;)