Artists needed for semi-popular game. (1000-1200 average players online 24/7)

Hello Deviantart,

I am a developer and designer, working for a game called NewZ. Our game is a open world FPS/TPS. We have around 1000 people playing averagely 24/7. 
If you want to get any more information about the game please visit our website: playnewz.com/

Here is what we need. Our game has a skin feature wich means players are able to buy skins for items that they can use and show-off in game. Our game has been exploding the past month with players and we grew about 500% on top of our player base we had the month before. This means we are planning on getting a license to make our game official. In order to do that we can't have ANY skins that use copyrighted textures as skins.

To keep things simple, Basicly we need artists who can draw content wich I can use to put on textures and make gun skins of. 

Wheter we go official soon or not soon, the drawings you will be making for us will be showed in front of thousands of people a day. isn't that cool!

You will probably think now, this game must be shit, but please, think twice, check out our website and you can scroll down and see our REAL TIME amount of players IN GAME. If you are still not convinced, I can give you more information about it through skype or email.

This is a one chance opportunity to be part of a exploding game. 

Here is some examples of what your artwork is going to be used for: imgur.com/a/BKnbk

We can discuss payments and the use of watermarks / your own name somewhere. I understand this completely and if you want your name on something you created I respect that.

You can contact me through deviantart messages,
or email: sven.aa@hotmail.com

I hope my post is clear enough, Please let me know if something is not clear and I will change that.

Svena69

// NewZ Staff Team
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
3d models and 3d animations beginner if interested 
and a bit of graphic design 
We got modellers so we dont need that. All we need right now is some artists who can help us create some cool content.
Are you looking for pixel artists as well?
Anyone who can draw cool things wich I can then use to make textures with is welcome!
I will contact you within a few days, I don't have internet connection at home at the moment (the router is broken or something ;/) and I'm suingm y phone now but it's hard to manage stuff there ^^;
Allright man, thanks!
Okay I'm back and I'm really interested to find more and maybe work together! :la:
I checked out the game a bit and I guess you don't need pixel artist, but I'm fine with making other digital graphic as well, basically stuff that you provided in examples. Although I still have some questions, like, for example, how many skins (files) you need, and if you have some blank sheet so I could see what the graphic should look like? :P

Actually I have skype as well, maybe we could talk via skype about it?
Why not open up for user-made skins, kinda like second life?
We are going official and we can't risk that people use their own random pictures. (wich means we dont have copyright over that)
Most sites that allow user uploaded content include a clause that gives the company usage rights as long as the image is on their system and that any uploaded content must be original and owned by the user.
Total idiot question here, what are skins? I don't game, I don't know what a skin is, but I'm curious!
Basically they are alternative textures for items, to make them look different without affecting the gameplay
So.. photobashed stuff?
Yes. For example our models for guns use textures. We make extra skins for them meaning they can have diffrent textures and then a gun from the player will look diffrent / cooler.
In order to make that we need artists who can create (Draw) their own artistic things, doesnt really matter what, so that we can use that to put on those textures.
Do you have any examples?
Yes! imgur.com/a/BKnbk

The thing we need is people who draw / create their own content and don't mind that that is used by me to put on textures of items in the game.
So do you provide an image to wrap the texture over, or do you just take a flat design and it can be applied within the game? I.E.. if I was designing something, am I making a flat image, or having to apply it to the armours and gun?
View all replies