Calling All Deviants....

For the past few years or so, I've had this little project idea floating around my mind. When I first thought it up, I had no watchers and no real foot in the door here at our lovely DA. Well now those things have changed and I have the feeling that now is the right time to do this. It was so long ago that I had read some article about a children's hospital, so long in fact that I couldn't even tell you what it was about. What I can tell you was something about that story moved me enough that through Facebook I contacted that hospital because I too wanted to contribute something to the kids there. 

Long story short, life took over and things began to pile up to the point where I had forgotten this mission. My original idea was to send some self made coloring pages in, because what do kids love to do more than anything at that age? That's right! They love to color, I sure know I did. My only issue is that I can't possible make enough different things to cater to the interests of every kid that might get one. This is where you come in! I need pages, preferably kid oriented images (please use common sense here) no blood or gore. Hell do some fanart like Steven Universe, MLP, any and all cartoons that kids these days watch. You wanna throw in some totally original badass pieces? Great! the more diverse the better. 

I want to make this a complete group project and I will be absolutely be asking for feedback from the hospital. I want to get the pictures of the kids with the pages. They will be posted here and each deviant will be tagged in any image their page appears in. This isn't going to be some month long project, I want to do this and I want to do it right, this will be spread out over time. Only until I'm positive we have enough to go around. 

Most likely it will be a semi-local hospital here in NC for shipping reasons, because if this turns out the way I want, the box will be nice and hefty. The cost of this will fall to me, another reason I'm prolonging the length (gotta save the funds). I also want to add boxes of crayons to go along with the pages. On that issue I was thinking of emailing a rep for Crayola and seeing if they would feel generous enough to donate but if not then I'll try to find another way to get them, again on my own dime. If you wanted to donate that would be awesome, but like I said I mostly need your art. 

Now about the art, it will still totally belong to you. I just need a standard letter size page, like so:

Coloring Page Zip Download by paperfoxes

Your DA profile address will go at the bottom center of the page. This is to show who the image belongs to, and also to help me properly tag the deviant in any images we get back. It just needs to be linework. It doesn't have to be intricate, but I'll leave that up to your discretion. The .zip file is located at the deviation above and comes in 2 versions: portrait & landscape. 

Once I get enough entries i'll start thinking about how many pages need to be printed, and start thing about the best way to best organize them for shipping. This a completely not-for-profit project. 

This will be publicly documented, so you can see the whole process and how you are helping!

Comments65
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The hospital has accepted the offer! Now the next step is to contact crayon/color pencil companies to see if they would be willing to donate. 
I'd love to take part doing some pages for you on my main account once my exams are over next week if you're still looking for people.
There is no limit to who can submit. So yes we will definitely accept anything you are willing to give!
oh wow, this sounds very interesting. i'd definitely like to join and help out, i was actually looking for a group like this back when i wrote my first few journals. :)

i'll have the time for it once school is over later this month, but as bleached shark mentioned, im clueless when it comes to template formats and anything in relation to digital art, so i may need help with finalizing my pieces. i hope this works out for you!
That sounds awesome, thanks for the interest and we will definitely be still operating for the rest of the year. As far as the template goes I did away with that now it's just a letter sized (portrait or landscape) paper with either your name or logo somewhere on the paper. Awaiting confirmation from the hospital. The group is
:iconhands4hospitals: and this is where the updates will be coming from.
alrighty then, sounds great. i'll be looking forward to submitting, and plan to feature the group on a future journal to help gain more supporters. (: 
Thank you! That would be awesome.
Entries are starting to come in. Get yours in now! :)
This sounds awesome! I'll have to find time to contribute.
okay so are you going to make books or just separate pages?
either way im a designer so askfor help when you'll need it, btw ill be make a page or two to help you out here.
I was against making them into books in case they favored certain pages, I didn't want to waste any. So it was sending stacks separated and letting them be able to choose the ones they want. Thanks for the support!
okay that makes sense....well i can probably have two more people donate pages.....both are deviant members...
Thank you, we welcome anyone who wants to help.
by the way...im alway on this site like all day would you like a co founder to help with things?
That would be awesome. Give me a moment and I'll send a invitation.
Ok guys a little update for anyone not familiar yet, we have a group. :iconhands4hospitals:
Hello! This sounds like such a thoughtful idea, and I'd love to be a part of it! Is there a way you could keep me posted, or is there anything specific I should be following?
Pretty much I'll be updating through my journals. I made a group Hands4Hospitals but it's empty for right now. I'll be updating it as soon as I get the information.
Count me in!
It's such an honor to be part of a project like this...
You have a heart :)
No thank you, I'm only one person and to have people like yourself behind this is amazing!
So I just make clean lineart and upload it so you can have them?
Yea my last uploaded deviation has a .zip file download with a .psd template to use. Unless you don't have photoshop or pixelmator then I will take the line work and put fill in the template myself.
Can you link me the pdf again? I didn't log in for a few days