Writers, artists, designers for a project!

LINK

Hello! I am currently developing a game project, and I can't possibly run it all on my own, which is why I am looking for people who would help me!

Who am I looking for:

• artists - concept artists, illustrators, designers (the game is supposed to be a fully illustrated interactive book, and even though so far we don't know how many pictures there will be needed, there might be a lot)
  • writers - lot of world-building, believable characters, stories big and small
  • coders/programmers - someone who knows about websites, html, css are a must, php, mysql and other languages are very much needed as well
  • possibly composers and sound designers

Genre:
Sci-fi, fantasy, space opera, inspiration drawn from video games such as Mass Effect, and other Bioware titles, the project Diviner...

About the project:
The project Galaxy’s True Color began as an idea for a story. No clear lines, just a bunch of ideas. Those ideas were put to words and stories were written, however it never felt like enough. That is why I decided to choose a more interactive and visually appealing way of story-telling.

It is the year 2368 and the human race has now colonized over dozen of more or less habitable planets. You may choose to play as one of six characters, all who have certain past that may affect the way your are viewed throughout the story.

The cast of characters is quite diverse, including people of different races(yes, aliens too), ethincs, sexualities, classes, body shapes etc. Your decisions have impact on the world, small or big and as the story progresses you and your team (NPCs) will encounter some tough decisions. Galaxy’s True Color is not limited to merely following the main storyline - you may choose to pursue romantic relationships, some that may even aid you in your cause, find new gear and weapons, learn about different combat styles, become part of organizationsexplore!

Every help is appreciated!

Contact: arteleas@gmail.com or note me on deviantart for more informations

Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i am very interested. i'm a writer and i've also always been a gamer. I've played the games you mentioned, and sci fi has always been one my favorite genres. my deviantart account is new (i made it 2 days ago) so unfortunately i don't have any work up for you to sample yet. However I am currently working on an animated story with an illustrator/cowriter. I've actually outlined a pretty intense sci-fi universe of my own before in two spiral notebooks, nothing that had much structure.. but just abstracts and character/plot concepts. if you want to check out my profile, you'll see a short post that describes what I'm all about. Let me know if you think you might be interested in working with me!
UPDATE: currently we are looking for designers, programmers and more artists! (artists joining us:  pulolichu  and  mureh  )
I've been searching for an opportunity to improve my writing skills.  And this seems very interesting.  However, I am wondering what this would entail?  Is it something where each writer takes a different path at the beginning and they write that path's story line?  Or is it something else?
Well at the beginning with the team of writers, we'd have a 'brainstorming session' and we would decide there what each writer would do. The project is very creative and leaves place to the writer's own imagination, only it goes through me, the creative director, first to say yes this is a good idea or no, maybe think about it differently, change this or that.

However, at this moment I can't promise any more positions for writers surely, as we got tons of applications of mostly professional writers. That means I'll have to rethink every application several times, else we'd have a team of sixty writers and that is nearly impossible to lead.

Thank you for the interest however and if you'd be thinking seriously about this, you can send me an e-mail with a sample of your writing and I'll reply as soon as I can!
Ah, I see.  

Oh yeah, I totally understand.  heh, that'd be one hell of a large meeting. 

Thanks for the quick response!  One thing I hadn't considered is the time it would take.  Or scheduling meetings and making them.  I have a very sporadic work schedule.  
I am interested in the game though.  Very intriguing.  Will you be posting updates on your DA?
Hopefully so, yes! At the very least I will link here the tumblr blog where you can see the updates for yourself! :)
Alright, rad!  That works
Hi, I would love to write for the game. could you tell me what you need me to write?
That's great, thank you for the interest! I'll send you a note with a bit more info!
sure. can't wait.
For clarification, is this project intended to be free to play after it is finished?  I may be interested in aiding with writing if it is with credits to all creators depending on its size, or if there is a payment or profit sharing contract to be made if it is intended to become for sale.
We'd like to make the project free to play, with the possibility of donations to keep it going once it's actually done~ Creators will be of course credited on the website. We'd like to make a kickstarter at a point where we have all the basics laid out, and once we have something to show to the people who'd be donating to the project. The money from the kickstarter would go to the artists, writers and everything else this game would need.
All right, yeah, I'm definitely interested.
I would like to help out if you are interested in watercolor illustration. 
Thank you for the offer, however we'd prefer digital art!
Wait, wait. The game is going to be done in HTML?! WHAT?!
Oh, it's text-based. But if it is, why does it need artists?
Because it's going to be illustrated! Not only the chapters will have illustrations, the articles about races, cultures and such are planned to be illustrated as well.