Are my prices reasonable~?

*EDITTED - Prices lowered~!*

I would really appreciate some tips/POV of you guys~
I've been looking to get som catch but I'm near the end of the school year which I consider the most stressful so I don't want to start a part time job until Summer break.
So these'll help me a bit

2USD for a flat drawing- Bust
orig13.deviantart.net/08e3/f/2…

5USD for a flat drawing- Fullbody
fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/201…

+1 for simple shading -
fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/201…

fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/201…

+2 more 'complex' shading -
orig03.deviantart.net/9a07/f/2…
(Full body example still WIP)

Also taking he same equivalent in dA :points:

Are my prices too high or just right~?

Any and all help is appreciated~!!!
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
No matter what you do, just remember that 100 points = $1.
Don't let anybody pay only like 25 points or some crap because that is 25 CENTS. 
People who don't follow the 100 points = $1 rule are ruining business for everyone else. x-x lol 
Good luck with your commissions! :heart:
Oh yes~
I do use that!
Thank you~!
.... dude. You're literally charging less for your art that what McDonalds would pay you for scrubbing puke from their toilets. How on earth is that reasonable?
I know, which is why I was charging more, and I know I shouldn't be charging less but what if I started 'gradually' raising my prices instead of the drastic one I chose earlier, plus, I should wait until my popularity increases ^^
If you don't value your time well, no one else will do it either. Having prices this low now will only make people think it's not worth much. It can be VERY difficult to raise prices, and a lot of people, for some reason, seem to get angry at artists that do just that. If I were you I'd raise the prices, and wait until my skill caught up. 
I do value my time and I appreciate the info~

^^
My prices have been lowered~!
I don't know if I should compare it to human commission, but well personally I'm doing fully colored fullbody drawings for 15$. And flats for 6$.
So as for me I think its a bit pricey, the fullbody for 10$. But as I said I dont know if I should compare that.

I thnk the best what you could do is check out animal artists, and check their prices, then compare their level to yours. 

And well I would rather recommend to practice more. But in the same time doing cheap commissions and practice in the same time its also a way.
I editted my prices~
How do they look so far~?
Thanks for the advice~!

I'll probably lower my prices~
I have been doing commissions that were WAY cheaper then this ^^
Your prices seem reasonable for the quality of art you're offering; however, wheter or not they will sell is a different matter. :shrug: I think you could sell some commissions at that price but I also think you'd get more commissions if the prices were lowered that prices most, if not everyone, on the Projects forum could afford. It's up to you how you set your prices, but that's my advice. :la:
Thanks for the advice~
I have been selling my art for WAY cheaper but recently, my art has become rather time consuming so I decided to raise the prices to actually get something out of it rather then just a couple pennies for a full drawing
No problem! :la:
OK, cool! :D That makes sense!
I editted my prices~
Your prices seem reasonable enough. Use this point calculator to help you convert USD to points, since some people don't know the equivalent, so it would help them big time:

DeviantArt Point Calculator by charfade
Awesome~!!!
Thank you for the advice~
No problem and good luck on your commissions!
I editted my prices~
Good luck with your commissions^^