Coloring Contest: One Year Subscription or Points for Winners

Coloring Contest:  One Year Subscription or Points for Winners

Hello everyone, I am holding this contest because I am really bad with coloring and would like my characters to have color.

Rules
        1) Color at least 
one of these characters:
            Wat'wheen The Deity of Water by Balanos  Aplomb's Custodian by Balanos  Custodian of the Siren's Song by Balanos  Astral's Custodian by Balanos  Epoch's Custodian by Balanos  

Full Resolution of the characters have been made available for download.

2) Submissions due by April 25th

3) Submissions must me linked in this forum to be eligible 

Rewards
    I will judge the submissions based on personal preference and how well it fits their look.  It can be cartoon or realistic color.

1st Place
    1 year subscription or 2,400 Points

2nd Place
    800 Points

3rd Place
    400 Points

You can submit the colored version to your gallery if you like, just credit me for the line art.

Please share the contest with people.  I do not have many followers to help promote the contest.
------------------------------------------------------------
Comments94
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I want to thank everyone for participating in the event.  At first I did not think I would get anyone to participate.  The winners were really hard to pick but after looking them over and asking a few people opinions I have chosen winners.

The following are the winners

First Place

:iconsynsec:
[Contest] Epoch's Custodian by Synsec  

The colors on this character where not what I was expecting but was presently surprised by them.  The added value of texture and design in the characters skin really helped give him definition.  

Second Place

:iconravna-resta:
Epoch's Custodian Colored by Ravna-Resta  

The colors here were similar to what I originally go with.  The highlights and shading are good but not quite as much added value that the first place winner had.  I am pleased and happy to have seen him in these colors.

Third Place

I am actually desciding to award two third place winners because I had a hard time picking.

:iconps2004:
Poissi 01 by Ps2004  

The colors of the dress are similar to what I had attempted to color them.  The skin a different but pleasantly different.  She is the Deity of Water and the halo color matches that.

:iconrndmperson:

Wat Wheen The Deity Of Water for Balanos Contest by RndmPerson  
I like the colors of the skin being highlighted as it adds depth to her.  The colors of the dress go well with her skin; however, the Halo was not the color of water.  Over all great work.

Thank you all for participating.  I might hold another event in the future and will announce it through my journals.

Prizes will be awarded over the weekend.  Thank you again for helping me get an idea of how their colors are.
I almost missed the results... Congratulations to the winners ! I really loved the coloring of the Epochs too. :D
Thanks! I appreciate the constructive comments as well =]. Though, I do admit that I had neglected the halo and didn't really tackle it until the very end.
Wow, thank you very much !

Didn't expect anything after last 4 submissions, which are really well done.
Hope someday I'll be able to do such things :)

If you want I can give you psd or tweak colors a little, even if not much was done that you can't do directly from lineart.

Anyway thanks again, I'll look into your next contest if there is :)
Thank you for the second place! =) Congratulations to the other winners :la:
OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I'm really glad you liked it! It was a fun design to work with, and I really didn't expect to win omg!
THANKS! 
And congratulations to all the other winners too, those are some great color-designs! <3 
Winners and rewards will go out on Friday.
Not sure what time its due today (I'm in PST) but here's my entry! Thanks Balanos! Your art is very lovely and certainly fun to color! =] Wat Wheen The Deity Of Water for Balanos Contest by RndmPerson
I will add it to the submissions.  Thanks for participating.
No, thank you! =]
I will start the judging and assigning awards over the next few days.  Might get a few people I know to help me judge.  Also have finals this week but I will post again announcing the winners. 
i hope im not too late

the system thinks this link is spam so i put a two spaces in between

http:// puu. sh/hq1wM/ae6f7d0c28.png
I made the deadline at midnight tonight (the 25th).  So you made it.  Thanks for participating.
Hope I made it in time! :D

[Contest] Epoch's Custodian by Synsec
You did.  Will stop accepting submissions tomorrow night at midnight. Want to give last minute people a chance to submit. thank you for participating!
Great :) Thank you! 
I will give until midnight tomorrow for submissions and then start the judging process. 
Here is what I did. Nothing so great, at least I tried :) 2nd lineart is crazy, tried once to see and couldn't define what is what, so many details...
Anyway, good luck everyone !

Poissi 1 by Ps2004 Poissi 2 by Ps2004 Poissi 3 by Ps2004 Poissi 4 by Ps2004 Poissi 5 by Ps2004 Poissi 6 by Ps2004 Poissi00 by Ps2004 Poissi 01 by Ps2004
Thanks for the participation.  Was worried everyone that was going to participate had already.
Can I join?  It's a little late in the game and all...but things and stuff.
Sure, deadline is in 5 days now.