Calling all creative people! Exploring creativity styles and cognitions in a new survey study

Hello everyone,

My name is Ryan Tessier, a doctoral student in school and community psychology at Hofstra University, New York.  I am currently working on a thesis examining the role of creativity in how individuals, especially teenagers, see the world.  In other words, I am examining the link between specific creative styles and individual's view of themselves, others, their future, and how complex their thinking tends to be.  I am gathering data using an online survey provided by Survey Monkey.  The survey itself is about 80 questions about creativity (takers respond on a scale of 1 to 5 on how closely the statement matches themselves) and then 15 blank statements the participant fills out (i.e. I like ____,  People _____, The happiest time_____).  The whole thing takes about 20-30 minutes to compete.  All information is kept strictly confidential.  

The survey is designed mainly for 14-18 year olds but anyone from 14 and older are welcome to complete the survey!

I have asked and received permission to give this survey link on these forums.  At the end of the survey, there is an option to leave your email address.  All collected emails will be collected after the survey is concluded and five emails will be selected to win a $20 gift card to Amazon.com!

The link is provided below:

www.surveymonkey.com/r/27VMP57

I appreciate your assistance in this manner and I wish you all a very good day,

Ryan Tessier, MA, MS
Doctoral Student, Psy.D in School-Community Psychology
Hofstra University, New York
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey everyone,

This survey is still open for two more weeks if anyone else would like to participate. 

Have a good one!
Slight bump but if there are any further interested parties, you are more than welcome to chime in and be put in drawing for free gift cards!
And now for a final comment.  I again like to thank everyone who has participated.  Your help is very appreciated.

Here is one last tidbit:

Intellectual, education, and talent development are positively correlated with high degrees of creativity.   Early research showed that creativity develops from a certain threshold level of intelligence but different types of intelligence are associated with specific creativity measurements.   Personalities with high amounts of creativity often use abnormal and atypical characteristics in adaptive ways to improve optimal functioning.    Creative children also tend to be more popular and sociable.   Finally, when individuals engage in activities they enjoy rather than simply engaging in a task, creativity is more likely to be expressed to enhance their work.   Therefore, carefully nurtured, creativity can be a valid aspect of a child's school life.
Just took it, it was a pretty cool survey!
Thanks again.  Good luck on the drawing!
Hehe, I appreciate it.  I hope it didn't take too long!
Only like 5 minutes. Not bad at all!
Penultimate comment:

Most researchers into creativity believe that individuals are born with a static creativity, the 'Big C' trait that is unchanging over time, although this has been challenged by consistent research that shows positive training, educational efforts, and environment play a fostering role on creativity.

Thanks again to all you have participated thus far!
More interesting tidbits to share:

Many attempts have been made to assess creativity in a variety of ways over the past 100 years.   For most of the 20th century, the assessment of student abilities and creativity was done largely through teacher ratings.    These evaluations were primarily focused on the student's ability to succeed in college, obtain a scholarship, and having a positive self-concept.    Teachers also were asked to repeatedly evaluate the capability of high achievement and creativity in their students and unfortunately, teacher ratings were potentially more useful as predictors of academic achievement and leadership potential than as predictors of creativity
A big thank you to all who have participated thus far!  I would like to share some interesting research into creativity itself:

Recent research has explored the standard definition of 'creativity'.  The best definition to date is that creativity is a mental phenomenon that is a combination of both originality and effectiveness.  What is 'original' must also be considered 'effective' to be considered creative.  In other words, finding a new way to handle a different problem at work or school is 'original' but what makes the way creative is whether it actually works in solving the problem.
You closed the other one before I could respond but here's the link on how to close threads
FAQ #709: Can I close or delete my forum thread?
Thanks, I figured it out.  I appreciate the assistance!  Want to make sure I am following the rules haha
You still have to close this one too though.
Hi Savage, I have permission from Dom P.  (Copyright & Etiquette Administrator, Chat & Forums Support)  to post this in the project forum.
And which user is that?
wow, now you edited it.
Sorry, I edited it before you replied.