Ongoing Webcomic Needs Colorist!

I've been drawing & coloring my weekly webcomic, 6th Circle, for over 4 years now. It's a collaboration with my friend & writer, Jackson, and we've been having a blast creating each strip, going to conventions, and meeting new fans. Here's the site: www.6thcirclecomic.com/2014121…

I'm looking to have a colorist join us! Simply put, my life is getting busier than ever, and I've been having trouble finding the time to color a weekly strip. So, I need someone to take the reigns on the coloring while I can concentrate on the black line-work.

Check out our archives (www.6thcirclecomic.com/archive… and see if you can color with that style, and, of course, add your own flair.

If you want to be our colorist, please be able to:

1. Color using Photoshop, or equivalent program that is able to process .PSD's. As I work primarily in Photoshop CS5, and the files must match.

2. Keep deadlines! 6th Circle posts a new strip every Wednesday. 3-4 days will be given in advance for coloring a strip (average 5 panels) and additional days if there are more panels than usual or more details. If I can get you the inks earlier, I will.

I do all the black line-work by hand, traditional ink & paper. I'll be scanning them into Photoshop where I will be formatting the images into the strip's template, and then sending the .PSD files to you for coloring.

This work is, for now, unpaid. Though, if you are reliable, consistent in your creativity, and mesh well with my writer & I, we'd be glad to compensate you for your time & skills. Especially when we get close to printing the book!

If you're interested in joining the 6th Circle team, and becoming a huge component in a project that has been kicking ass for 4 years (and are only growing), comment below with some samples of your work, or send an email to WeDoomedProd@gmail.com

Thank you & stay metal!
-Grim
Comments1
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In