Precure/Oc Contest! Win Anime Merch! Contribute prizes if you can~

[EDIT II] reorganized a bit. Added some things from the rules to Questions. Also added a new reference of someone you can draw 8D
[EDIT] added some rules I forgot, which I do think are important @ u @;; sorry!

So hello there! How have you been? The past few months I've been incredibly inactive, but I think the excuse that I'm in Japan sort of justifies it HAHA. It really is amazing here, I like it a lot! But yes in this journal I'm not gonna rant about that. To make up for my inactiveness, I'm gonna hold a contest :D

The occasion is I've been on deviant art for 3 and a half years already (and 3 days). Time goes fast, but it also seems so far away when I started on here. I never thought I'd get attached so much! In the beginning my friend literally forced me to make an account, can you even imagine?

The Theme
The theme for this contest, of course, has to do with the occasion! You will have to draw my first ever, serious OC. The first one I created which is more than just a design, one with an actual story. Her name is (take a guess ;)) Cure Emerald. When  I started on here I was quite obsessed with Precure, and even though it's considerably less now, I still love it :)
You will have to draw Cure Emerald with at least one more character. Could be more than one, you have absolutely no limits as to how many characters are in the drawing. You can draw Cure Emerald with her partners, Hope & Wish, or with your own OCs! Or both, really anything's fine. You can even draw her with my Precure OCs if you don't have any! 

The RulesOf course, every contest has it's rules! So let's start with them :) Both do's and don'ts are mentioned here. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask, but be sure to read this first!
I might at more rules later, when people ask questions and the like :)

• At least two characters should be present, Cure Emerald and another OC, if it's yours or mine doesn't matter. There is no maximum amount of characters, so if you wanna draw 100, be my guest!
  • My Fairy Mascots DON'T count as additional characters. Yours DO. This doesn't mean you can't draw my Fairy Mascots. If you want draw your own fairy mascot as the only additional character, either Luna or Negai has to be in it too. (For example, just Cure Emerald and Luna is NOT okay. Just Emerald, Luna and Negai is NOT okay. Just Emerald and your Fairy Mascot is NOT okay. Emerald, Luna and your Fairy Mascot is okay!)
  • No official Cures! It has to be an OC. Yours or mine doesn't matter.
  • nothing 18+, action scenes are okay, wounds from fighting are okay, just no nakedness, overly gory or anything like that. Needs to be for all ages :)
  • You can draw Emerald either as Seira or as her Precure self, both are fine! As Seira you can draw her in her uniform, or design some cute casual clothes. As her Precure self you can even design a power-up if you want! Altering the outfit a bit is allowed too, just make sure she's properly recognizable. Same goes for Hope & Wish.
  • One person can enter with three entries, but can only win with one! (So for example if you've entered thrice, and you win with one, the others won't count as entries anymore)
  • Media, traditional, digital, pixel is all accepted!
  • It has to be a finished piece. Sketches and line arts won't be accepted. It has to be coloured.
  • You can NOT use bases/trace others art. It has to be completely your own! You can use references like stocks and things, but you have to draw it yourself, completely.
  • Deadline is December 31th 23:59 JST. So you have until it is 2015 :) , DEADLINE IS NOT DEFINITIVE, might be altered later.

Character Profiles
Mizuki Seira School Uniform by Chancetodraw.:Cure Emerald:. by Chancetodraw
Seira Mizuki/Cure Emerald
[Name]: Seira Mizuki
[Age]: 16
[Height]: 172 cm / 5'6
[Weight]: 60 kg / 132 lbs
[Country]: Japan

[Cure Name]: Cure Emerald
[Fairy Name]: Luna
[Principal Element]: Gemstones, magic orb like attacks etc.

[BackStory]: Seira is a pretty average student, her grades are average, she's average at mosts sports and doesn't really stand out. She never was really motivated to do anything, because she had no goals, no dreams for the future. She didn't know what she wanted to do. Of course she loved singing, but Seira did realize that getting a job out of such a hobby is gonna be hard. But that changed when she met Luna. The cat-like fairy was being chased by monsters, and told Seira to fight them! Luna handed her a red gemstone, and told her to transform into the legendary warrior, Precure. Seira did not know how to react, but seeing as the monsters were coming closer, she knew she had no choice. So Seira gave it a try, only to find out it didn't work. Both of them stood there, shocked. Then Luna figured out why it was; Seira had no dreams. Precure's power come from their dreams, their hopes. The monsters kept coming closer and started attacking them. Panicking, they fled. But of course, a human couldn't run fast enough to outrun a monster! The monsters caught up and hit Seira and Luna, hard. They slowly lost consciousness, but Seira was able to catch a glimpse of two girls fighting the monsters. Two other Precures came to save them.
When Seira and Luna came to, Seira was determined to find out who saved them. She wanted to to know, so she could thank them. Before realizing it, this became her dream. Finally being motivated, Seira became a lot more optimistic. Realizing the powers of a dream, she told Luna she was going to be a Precure; the strongest there is! And not only that, Seira became determined to pursue a career in singing, as she loves to do that. Maybe it won't work out, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

[Likes]: Singing, playing the flute, baking, daydreaming
[Dislikes]: Impatient people, high heels, swimming
[Extra Info]:    -Her parents own a bakery, and she often helps out.
                        -Knows how to swim, but really dislikes it (it's cold and she thinks bikinis/bathing suits are uncomfortable)
                        -Can complain quite a lot
                        -Fights a lot with Luna, but they make up fast. Like siblings.

Cure Hope & Wish by Chancetodraw

Cure Hope & Cure Wish

[Name]: Unknown
[Age]: Unknown, probably around 16
[Height]: Unknown
[Weight]: Unknown
[Country]: From the Fairy World.

[Cure Name]: Cure Hope (left), Cure Wish (right)
[Fairy Name]: Negai (see drawing of Ruby & Emerald below)
[Principal Element]: Use magic like attacks (orbs) and gemstone attacks (like shards)

[BackStory]: Seira doesn't know a lot about these Cures. Seira only saw them once, right before she passed out. Her memory is rather hazy. Their fighting skills are great, that's the one thing she knows for certain.

At the moment their human form is not yet known. Seira's journey to find them is still ongoing after all. These two girls are twin sisters, even though they're nothing alike. Not their looks and not their personality. They get along great though, and are inseparable. Their fighting style reflects that, their teamwork is great. But that makes them vulnerable too, as they're no great fighters on their own, or with others. They can only fight together. And when they do, they're unbeatable. They were born in the Fairy World, and trained there ever since they were young. As Hope and Wish were the strongest of all, they got sent to the human world to defeat the bad guys and save the world. And one day, they saved Seira, without knowing she would become a Precure soon after.

[Likes/Dislikes]: Hope likes the colour blue, and Wish the colour red. They don't like being apart from each other.
[Extra Info]: -Haven't been seen in their human form yet.
                      -They're always together, always.
                      -Both get along great with their Fairy, Negai.

.:Cure Emerald+Ruby:. by luigipony.:Cure Ruby and Cure Emerald:. by ChancetodrawBleh~ by luigipony
Don't forget Cure Ruby! He's a boy Precure my very berry good friend luigipony designed. (the left and right drawings are hers. She's a great artist Q u Q). His name was made because well yeah, emeralds are normally green and Emerald's emerald is RED. So hey we want the opposite, hence a green ruby. Great aren't we. 
Feel free to draw him too!
Cure Ruby and his fairy partner Dust (the black one). The white one is Negai, Hope & Wish's partner!

design (c) :iconluigipony:

PrizesYes this is what everyone's been waiting for, the prizes! 8D
If I get more than 20 entries, I'll add another runner up.
If I get more than 30 entries, new or higher prizes will be added.
PRIZE DONATIONS ARE VERY WELCOME

First Place:
(Prizes from me, Chancetodraw, will be posted to your house once they're finished. But if you aren't fine with sending me your address, it's not necessary of course. But you can't get the Precure Card in that case.
I ship worldwide btw)

Runner Up:

Asked Questions
Feel free to ask any questions about this contest! I'd feel bad if you made an entry but I can't accept it because of the rules ; v ; I won't bite so don't worry haha <3

Can you add Backgrounds?
-of course, yes!

When does it end?
-it's stated in the rules it ends December 31th 23:59 JST

Do the other characters have to be Precure?
-no they don't. That's why you can also draw Seira in her non-precure form.

Can you draw some sort of manga page?
-yes you can! I'd love to see it :)

Can you make gender bents?
-of your own characters, sure. Of mine, please don't.

So you can't draw the Precure Fairies?
-you can! I know I explained it weirdly, but you can. Just not as the only additional 
character. Please read the rules carefully ; v ;

Does it have to be in colour?
-yes it has to be. I first made the rule you could make it black and white like a manga, but because it would be hard to distinguish normal lineart and "black and white", I altered it to just colour. Sorry to inconvenience you.

Well I guess that covers everything. Feel free to ask anything, but be sure to read the rules first! Hope I've piqued your interest and have a nice day > v <
Oh and I'd love you forever if you spread the word about this contest Q// U //Q
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
ooh! looks interesting :)
I hope you'll be able to enter > v < <33
I will try tooo >u< <3
IM LATE CRAPO OMG AHHH IM LATE QAQ
I'll donate a colored headshot and a sketch if you need more prizes C: I'll let you choose whether you give them to the winner or runner up
AWH OMG DANKJEWELLLLLL :iconsupertighthugplz:
Echt super super bedankt Q U Q
I'll donate a feature to first place and a colored headshot to runner up.
thank you so incredibly much :iconsomoeplz: