Let's Help Each Other Break In

Hi My name is Phillip and I want to break into the comic book industry as a writer. I have a hard road ahead of m but the hardest part seem to be finding collaborators. Between trying to find people who are as committed to this journey as I am and the fact that alot of artists want to charge to do work it has become quite the uphill battle.

I understand the need to get paid for work done but I am not in the position to be able to do that right now. It just seems like the biggest obstacle of creators is each other. I don't understand why more artists and writers don't help each other to break in.

Anyway that my rant. What I am really here for is to find collaborators with quality art skills.

I am a comic book writer looking to collaborate with other artists. I am looking for artists to collaborate with on a comic book submission to independent companies. I want to work with an artist that is entirely collaborative notjust on art but story as well. I am having other work being drawn by an artist but he has a more hands off approach to the story. More he draws and I write. Imlove the collaborative aspect of making comics and was wondering if you would be interested in developing something with me as part os a submission pitch. I absolutely love your style and I am not someone who is going to bail on a project. I want to be a writer in the industry and I am absolutely determined in becoming one professionally. I'm not just some kid in middle school with a pipe dream. I have been on this journey for a couple of years and I don't want to give up or am I going to.

I am determined to break in and I want to help my collaborators do the same. Let's get out of each others way and pave our own road into one of the best communities in fandom.

If it is something you are interested in you wont regret it. Your are a great artist and I think we would make a great team.

P.S. I am open to any genre. I am just enthusiastic to do any kind of story collaboration.
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm not at a level I can produce the art required yet, I’m working on it, but I have plans on a graphic novel myself and would be happy to be a colourist.. that I /can/ do well (just traditional methods, I don't have a good enough computer or tablet to draw digitally).
I write and do art, and would love to have the opportunity to help out, maybe with the possibility of being more useful as I progress with my skills.
Or better yet, do you have any samples of your writing? I dabble in both writing and drawing myself :D I am currently making the art for this comic collaboration: www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofi…

After I'm done with it, my plan was to work on independent stuff, but I wouldn't mind a small collaboration project with you (depending different factors of course) :)
What sorts of stories and such are you looking to work on? Superheroes? Aliens? Slice-of-life?