Request: Cartoony SVG of existing image for website redesign

Hi all,

I hope it's ok to ask this sort of thing here.  I am a programmer and I have a small personal web site where I make my programs available for free.

I am redesigning the site, and I would like an image based on the existing favicon to use as a kind of a site logo.  Would anyone here be willing to draw this image for me?  I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of compensation, but I will certainly give you credit for the image.

The image would need to be released under a Creative Commons licence, specifically one that allows anyone to both use and make changes to your image providing they give you credit.  This is the same type of licence everything else on the web site comes under, including my own programs, which you are also free to download, modify, and share.  (And if you've always wanted to make your own game, I'd encourage you to take a look at Camoto, which can help you modify the artwork and levels in a handful of old games to create entirely new games.)

I am hoping the image could be in .svg format so that I can resize it as needed to fit, plus I'm toying with the idea of using a large silhouette of it as a page background so the vector format would be most helpful for this kind of experimentation.

If this isn't too demanding, then I am after a cartoony (probably cel-shaded) version of this teensy image:

www.shikadi.net/favicon.png

I'm not too worried about the details (I'll leave that up to the professionals, i.e. you!) but as long as it's recognisably the same ray gun as in that image then I'm happy.  It's from a game about an eight-year old kid who builds a space ship out of tin cans and a vacuum cleaner and uses it to save the galaxy, so it's a pretty innocent, comical, light-hearted theme.  A serious, realistic looking gun might work, but a toy gun is probably going to suit the theme better.

At the risk of getting in trouble for promoting a web site, the image will be going in the top-left corner of pages like this one: www.shikadi.net (where it is currently telling me to hurry up and put my own logo there.)

I hope this request is reasonable, and someone out there would be willing to help out!  Thanks for reading :-)
Comments1
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In